Hot Toys - MMS: X-Men 1st Class (License Discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS: X-Men 1st Class

sotd-disappointed.gif

The way things are moving we might not see these guys until the buzz from the 2nd movie are at a high.

I still think XFC may be in the works. Maybe for the fall or winter though. Not now.

One would have to think based on that interview some pages back. Put it this way if they don't end up making them it will be a huge fail on HT's part. If they were going to cancel this line they should have announced it at the same time as the Green Lantern cancellation and not left people hanging on.

Starting to think HT may cancel this line, they've lost all the hype from the movie now...

They've lost all hype from Predator 2 and T2 aswell and a 2008 film and a 1966 Tv series :lecture

Hype just gets additional sale ontop of fan sales. Without the hype there'll still be fan sales.

LOL

Honestly, I do think these are coming. The fact that we saw pics of the Charles sculpt being done, and details about a wheelchair I believe seem to support that idea. I just don't think there is any rush whatsoever by Hot Toys to do it. The movie came and went over a year ago. Like you guys are saying, there is really zero hype to build on, so HT is gonna bank on appealing to fans that will like it just as much today as they will 6 months from now. I.e., no rush at all. Having said that, there are still Asian toy fairs to come, and maybe they're putting this in their back pocket for one of those cons.

What toy fairs are there for the rest of the year?

There's Anicom at the start of August and a few others around that time, i'd imagine hot toys are going because they have their exclusive figures to sell at the events.

They've lost all hype from Predator 2 and T2 aswell and a 2008 film and a 1966 Tv series :lecture

Hype just gets additional sale ontop of fan sales. Without the hype there'll still be fan sales.

No doubt, and if these were the iconic versions of theses characters i wouldn't be worried, it's just these are the teenager/young adult versions. To me they don't seem like they'd be a hot property, whereas pretty much any Batman will sell and Preds and Terminators are iconic, not sure if i'm making sense :dunno

No, that's true, and I think that's part of what irks guys like Nova who want new figures from new franchises. Some older franchises like Iron Man and Predator get run into the ground with variants and re-releases while newer ones like First Class are lucky to get two figures. Why? Collector interest, pure and simple. Batman doesn't need hype, because it's insanely popular and will be for as long as geeks collect comics and watch movies.

No, that's true, and I think that's part of what irks guys like Nova who want new figures from new franchises. Some older franchises like Iron Man and Predator get run into the ground with variants and re-releases while newer ones like First Class are lucky to get two figures. Why? Collector interest, pure and simple. Batman doesn't need hype, because it's insanely popular and will be for as long as geeks collect comics and watch movies.

Problem with that is hardly anything new gets a chance to become iconic :dunno

While some characters are unknowns. Xavier, Beast and Magneto are iconic

Their interpreation is different, but so is Ledgers Joker and Evans Cap

X-Men have built in fanbase for decades. It's no surprise that there's been numerous comic, cartoons and films, and crazy amounts of merchandise produced

Are you implying that releasing a First Class Beast would create a huge surge of interest in the character, which would lead to variants and off-shoots being made? That's. . .possible I guess, but I'm not quite as optimistic as you are on that front.

I see First Class figures selling modestly at best. In the comics, Magneto may be awesome, but he's not Batman-level popular by a long shot. And First Class version isn't gonna pop on the shelves like all those shiny Iron Men do.

If there's any X-Man I see HT trying to capitalize on in the future it is Wolverine. In fact, I would be far less than surprised to see a figure based on his cameo from First Class, even if we only got Prof. X otherwise.

Are you implying that releasing a First Class Beast would create a huge surge of interest in the character, which would lead to variants and off-shoots being made?.

Nope, the opposite There are built-in fans of Beast who'd buy the figure, because it's Beast. Same as other fanloved characters.

Fact is this is a comic book movie, which is their bread and butter these days. It was announced 1 year, 2 months and 2 weeks ago. That was before such licenses as Expendables 2 and even that has a figure revealed :dunno

If there's any X-Man I see HT trying to capitalize on in the future it is Wolverine. In fact, I would be far less than surprised to see a figure based on his cameo from First Class, even if we only got Prof. X otherwise.

That would need a sound chip. The most notable thing about his cameo is what he said.

Back