Hot Toys - MMS: X-Men 1st Class (License Discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS: X-Men 1st Class

^ i'd imagine there being two outfits ala Barney Ross.

They can't be stupid enough to release a plain-clothed superhero figure and not the 'hero' suit

^ i'd imagine there being two outfits ala Barney Ross.

They can't be stupid enough to release a plain-clothed superhero figure and not the 'hero' suit

:huh Can't they? I hope not, it would be logical to release him with both outfits. The one good thing to take from this though, is that if they're doing Charles with his wheelchair then it's pratically assured they're doing Eric in his Magneto outfit. Since both are last scene outfits. I mean... logically anyway.

If you look at the blue and yellow outfits at the end some do vary like Banshee's and Havok's, not just the wings and focal emitter thing, but they have differant patterns on the midsections as well.

Charles and Erik's are the same exact suit though, so it seems like a no brainer both will come with the blue/yellow. Unfortunate as I would have loved an end version Magneto in his classic red color, say what you want about the design but the color of the helmet is just dead on and really pops. Fassbender looks great in it too, not corny as hell like Ian's "goofy looking helmet".

:huh Can't they? I hope not, it would be logical to release him with both outfits. The one good thing to take from this though, is that if they're doing Charles with his wheelchair then it's pratically assured they're doing Eric in his Magneto outfit. Since both are last scene outfits. I mean... logically anyway.

Hot Toys is not a fan of figures in suits. They have never even done Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne in a suit, let alone just a suit. That says it all.

Hot Toys is not a fan of figures in suits. They have never even done Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne in a suit, let alone just a suit. That says it all.

Yes, but then why include a wheel chair? That is a completely inaccurate display. Besides, never say never. Where is he already? :impatient: :impatient: :impatient:

Did they actually say they were going to include a wheelchair with the figure? Maybe the wheelchair comment HT made, was used only as a hint to what X Men figure they were planning on doing first :dunno

Yes, but then why include a wheel chair? That is a completely inaccurate display. Besides, never say never. Where is he already? :impatient: :impatient: :impatient:

I think you are taking a typical Hot Toys remark too literally. Flightsuit without a wheelchair keeps the figure interesting while keeping down costs.

From a business perspective, Hot Toys has little incentive to rush these figures. The movie is a year old. Despite being well received it was not a blockbuster with a bunch of 'hot property' buzz to generate extra sales. Still X-Men is a solid franchise and will sell a decent amount of figures, at least for Xavier and Magneto.

Maybe. It's hard to tell with Hot Toys since they don't communicate much with their customers, or rather, they do so pretty vaguely.

True, they don't have to rush them, and I'm glad that they don't. However, I think it would be nice to at least get some visual updates or something on what we're getting. To keep interest alive enough. There is definitely a window where you go from waiting just long enough to waiting to long and losing a lot of your market's interest (and money).

You know with Hunger Games and Jennifer Lawrence on the rise, I think we could possibly get a Mystique. I'd buy her, but I'd also want a Katniss.

Xavier and Magneto... meh.

How about the White Queen please.

x-men-first-class-DF-07500_CROP_rgb.jpg

Xavier and Magneto... meh.

How about the White Queen please.

x-men-first-class-DF-07500_CROP_rgb.jpg

I've always wanted a white queen Emma frost hot toy. Though it wasn't conveyed as I wanted in the movie. But still, the outfit she wore to seduce the general would be a nice accessory

Highly doubt there will be a diamond Emma exclusive.

Diamond form Emma and a furry Beast would be two really unique looking HT figures in a display.

I've always wanted a white queen Emma frost hot toy. Though it wasn't conveyed as I wanted in the movie. But still, the outfit she wore to seduce the general would be a nice accessory

Highly doubt there will be a diamond Emma exclusive.

Good point, why not include the alternate outfit? Not much material cost to Hot Toys as far as I can tell.

x-men-first-class-XMFC-101_rgb.jpg

I can't stand that woman.

Can't stand her or can't stand to look at her? Two very different things. The first, I can see. The latter? I'm sorry, but that brings a tear to my eye. :monkey2

Can't stand her or can't stand to look at her? Two very different things. The first, I can see. The latter? I'm sorry, but that brings a tear to my eye. :monkey2

She's hot, of course. Just don't get why everyone likes her so much when her acting is so bad. There's a bizillion hotties out there that can't act that are way hotter than her.

Back