1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean c'mon, midichlorian's are lifeforms that live inside people and tell the jedi how to use the force? That not only sounds stupid but it ruins the whole mysterious nature of the force itself.

I mean c'mon, midichlorian's are lifeforms that live inside people and tell the jedi how to use the force? That not only sounds stupid but it ruins the whole mysterious nature of the force itself.

George wanted to dig deeply into this, as well as the explanation for The Force in his original ideas for his own Sequels. Instead, SW got sold to the Mouse and we've gotten current abominations.

While I hate TPM (and all prequel movies nearly equally) QGJ is one of my favorite SW characters. What sealed it for me was his talk of following the will of the "living force" and that pivotal moment when he quietly meditates as he waits for the power curtains between himself and Maul to drop. Loved that. I owned the SS QGJ figure briefly but was so underwhelmed I sold it shortly after buying. I've been on the fence about this since the release of the images but am probably pulling the trigger. Thankfully I don't see this reminding me so much of TPM as it will a great character and actor. This will be my first HT SW figure. Glad they went back for this one. And while others have posted a desire for a more active looking expression I find it portrays the character's calmness shown throughout the movie. I would have liked a closed eye sculpt just to recreate the meditation moment.

Agree. That brief meditation is probably my favorite moment in the entire PT and I’ve always found it surprisingly moving. It’s a perfect summation of the character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George wanted to dig deeply into this, as well as the explanation for The Force in his original ideas for his own Sequels. Instead, SW got sold to the Mouse and we've gotten current abominations.

Well then, he m should have made those films instead of selling iff his property to”The mouse”.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Well then, he m should have made those films instead of selling iff his property to”The mouse”.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....
They weren’t fun to make anymore. The toxic fanbase killed it for him.

I wonder if he regrets it now. Even though I don't care much for TPM and AOTC, I'd watch them any day over Disney's nonsense. I've always liked ROTS though, and rank it in my top 3 SW films.

I always felt Lucas showed what the Jedi should have been with Qui Gon, and Luke would have followed his example in the ST as a call back.
But no we ended up with TLJ.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Although Obi-Wan wouldn't have been Anakin's master had Qui-Gon lived, I still would have loved to see the camaraderie between the 3 of them during and after the Clone Wars. The events of ROTS certainly would have been very different, possibly even enough to where the OT wouldn't have happened the way it did.

I think had Qui-Gon lived, he would have discovered a lot sooner that Palps was the sith master. His death sparked Anakin's down fall. We never see it but I'm sure young Ani took his death pretty hard.

Yep, I want this!
Since Hot Toys got their Star Wars license I have held strong to my collecting parameters; original trilogy only and only main characters 1st version. Then they announced Jedi Luke so I decided only to have 2 versions of Luke because I already had ANH and there was no way I wasn't going to get ROTJ Luke. Then Darth Maul was announced and my inner conflict reached a fever pitch but I held strong. Then they announced this and I broke. So I decided I would have 1 villain and 1 hero from EP 1-3 Trilogy and EP 7-9 Trilogy. So now I bought TFA Kyloe Ren and Rey w/ BB8 and I pre-order Darth Maul and Qui-Gon. I told myself that would be it since I am still waiting on ESB Lando, C-3P0 and Scout Trooper to close out my Original Trilogy collection, I mean how have they not done those yet? But now as I sit here I really want Dark Side Anakin, Young Obi Wan, Count Dooku, Young Yoda and I know I will want Mace Windu and General Grievous when they are announced.
AHHHHHH, I just love them all so much. My kids are bugging me to trade in all my Star Wars Hot Toys for MCU Hot Toys, the dark side is strong in them.

I wonder if he regrets it now. Even though I don't care much for TPM and AOTC, I'd watch them any day over Disney's nonsense. I've always liked ROTS though, and rank it in my top 3 SW films.

I like all the movies. I think the new films are almost perfection. I just like Star Wars in general and all the content they’ve done is pretty much wonderful. “Disney’s nonsense” isn’t exactly a valid complain.

Also the new Qui Gon and Obi Wan book makes Qui Gon very interesting

I always felt Lucas showed what the Jedi should have been with Qui Gon, and Luke would have followed his example in the ST as a call back.
But no we ended up with TLJ.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I mean, The Last Jedi literally called out how terrible failures the Jedi were in the PT, so..

Qui-Gon's explanation to Anakin was "a microscopic lifeform that resides within all living cells" and Obi-Wan's first explanation to Luke about the Force was "it's an energy field created by all living things." I wouldn't get so hung up on it, though. When Anakin's blood sample comes back with a higher Midi-chlorian count than Yoda's, Obi-Wan asks "What does that mean?" and Qui-Gon says "I don't know." The Midi-chlorians and their relationship to the Force are still a mystery, even to them. It becomes a lost science. By Episode IV, nobody outside of a couple living beings even believe or remember the Jedi or the Force were real. By Episode VII, Luke Skywalker is a myth.

This really isn't that hard to figure out. The higher your Midi-Chlorian count, the stronger your connection to the Force. The Midi-Chlorians don't tell Jedi/Sith how to use the Force, they just make their ability to use the force more potent.

I don't like the idea of Midi-Chlorians either, but really, people get too hung up on them.

Back