1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a possibility that it is young Obi-Wan holding Qui-Gon's lightsaber? I remember that in the film after Qui-Gon's death that Obi-Wan had use Qui-Gon's lightsaber to duel with Darth Maul.

Is there a possibility that it is young Obi-Wan holding Qui-Gon's lightsaber? I remember that in the film after Qui-Gon's death that Obi-Wan had use Qui-Gon's lightsaber to duel with Darth Maul.

He didn't use it to duel, only to deliver the final stroke and cut Maul in half right at the end. :)

Which still doesn't mean Hot Toys absolutely wouldn't use it in their photos, necessarily, of course. Particularly if young Obi-Wan came with both his own, and Qui-Gonn's, lightsabers. But it would be a bit cheeky, and if I were a betting man, I'd say it's hinting at Qui-Gonn.

As much as I can't stand the movie, Liam Neeson did make for a pretty badass looking Jedi. And if the sculpt looks as amazing as the ones for Anakin and Obi-Wan, I don't think I'll be able to resist getting it.

As much as I can't stand the movie, Liam Neeson did make for a pretty badass looking Jedi.

Agreed. Him, Obi-Wan and Maul were pretty much the only thing I liked about TPM. And even that is still not enough to get me to sit down and watch it in its entirety. I really want to try though and stick to not delving too much into the PT beyond RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan, so I’m initially going to have to say pass on QG.

Qui-Gon is a definite PT purchase. HT's first rooted hair male figure? Hmmmmm...

Ugh, I hope not. I'd rather see them offer a few different hair sculptures. One w/ hair back behind head (like SSC's, only nicer), one with hair split over shoulders (as it looked through most of the movie)and one "action" to help with dynamic poses.

The rooted hair runs the risk of looking doll-like and the look not matching any other figures. HT has done a decent job sculpting hair (TDW Thor is a great example) - please don't experiment with it on Qui-Gon, HT! (Heck - root that hair and he'll end up being $300!)

Funny, I’ve been so busy with the maul thread all day, I didn’t notice this thread. I just asked if anyone noticed the qui gon tease, then saw this. Time to unload all ss figs asap.

Back