1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Suicide Squad - The Joker (Silver Jacket) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Suicide Squad - Joker (Silver Jacket) Collectible Figure

UHat1xA.png

Wow...that's impressive. The outfit looks great in that pic. It shows all the subtle details. I really like this sculpt too. I'm probably going to get the purple coat version, but this one is tempting...mainly because of the sculpt.

So he dressed like a pimp and a persian clubber?

I don't see the appeal of this character at all.

I think the appeal will come through the performance. Ledger's Joker didn't scream "comic book Joker" and he ended up going down as probably the best ever. This is an even further throw from Ledger's look, but I'm not gonna condemn it on face value. The look might not jive but everything we've seen and heard in the trailers looks the part

The fact is, it's pretty hard to rip the Joker straight off the pages of a comic and incorporate him in a "real world" vibe on screen. It worked in Burton's wacky comic-booky universe, but I can't picture it flying with the tone of today's CBMs

I feel the need to buy him but I'm blowing a ton of cash as is. I think I'll settle on Purple Coat and Arkham Joker.

If I decide to get a second Leto Joker this will probably be the one. Probably the best outfit he wears in my opinion.

So he dressed like a pimp and a persian clubber?

I don't see the appeal of this character at all.

One could argue that Frank Miller's design of the Joker in DKR is nothing like classic Joker in appearance either :dunno: I mean Miller's Joker is tall, broad shouldered with lots of muscle mass, wears a white blazer and tie and a purple shirt. Only thing that resembles a classic Joker is the head design and how the character acts. I see that similar thing with Leto's Joker. Like PCK mentioned, pretty sure Leto will be Joker through and through when it comes to his performance.

Ah, the version I was waiting for. :yess:

Looks much better than the purple coat version. It just kinda sucks you'd have to buy three different figures to get all the headsculpts.

j.jpg

To clear it up for anyone who can't tell, its the same sculpt as arkham joker. More interesting though is that the arkham joker apparently only has one tat on the body (cards on shoulder) but you can see a chest tat on this one so hopefully we get the full tat body? will have to wait for hot toys to confirm though

That area of him is cover by the straight jacket. You wouldn't be able to see the tattoo even if it was there.

That area of him is cover by the straight jacket. You wouldn't be able to see the tattoo even if it was there.

It was confirmed by the sculpter I think, that the arkham version has no body tats

One could argue that Frank Miller's design of the Joker in DKR is nothing like classic Joker in appearance either :dunno: I mean Miller's Joker is tall, broad shouldered with lots of muscle mass, wears a white blazer and tie and a purple shirt. Only thing that resembles a classic Joker is the head design and how the character acts. I see that similar thing with Leto's Joker. Like PCK mentioned, pretty sure Leto will be Joker through and through when it comes to his performance.

You're right that I really can't judge this character until I see him in action. I just really hate the design decisions they've made with him aesthetically.

its a nice figure but i think im going for the purple jacket version

I'm digging this one, like the serious sculpt.

Looks great! :clap Liking the outfit too! Limiting myself to one version of this Joker only tho, so I *think* I'll be going with the purple coat version - as he'll match up better with my other Joker figures. :)

I love this version. The more I see it, the more I need it. Between this and the purple version, the AA version feels less and less imperative.

I love this version. The more I see it, the more I need it. Between this and the purple version, the AA version feels less and less imperative.

the AA version is nothing anymore :lol

Back