Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: TIE Pilot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a fantastic figure. I wish the lenses were red like the proto but overall it's excellent.

It's a fantastic figure. I wish the lenses were red like the proto but overall it's excellent.

He looks great! Just curious. I know it's on the prototype , but what's the purpose of that screw looking thing sticking out of his right temple?

He looks great! Just curious. I know it's on the prototype , but what's the purpose of that screw looking thing sticking out of his right temple?

It's an interesting little design feature. I wondered if it was somehow meant to open and close the blast visor but not sure that makes sense.

Wow great comparison! I just love the TFA Tie Pilot Design. Looks like such a badass. The tailoring gives me a "man in a suit" impression.

With my skills and iPhone 46 it's pretty tough to take a good pic of a basically all black figure

An iPhone 46 from the future should take holographic pics!:lecture
:lol

just jivin man.

Thanks for the pics though. I love this new design the most. The tie pilots have always needed a little more armor. Voila, now they have it. I got two of these on order, and hoping they'll do the elite as an exclusive.

I just picked up my FO Tie Pilot from fedex and couldn't wait to open him up and have a look. I was never a fan of Tie Pilots but the design on this one has always struck me as the nicest out of all TFA designs. This figure played a large part in me getting the SS OT Tie Pilot as I thought the two generations would look good together.

This is probably going to get me a lot of flak, but the SS OT Tie Pilot is the better figure of these two in my opinion. I like the poses I can get from the SS better (with the exception of the "at ease" arms hanging to the side - HT always gets those better) and in my opinion the SS passes the man in the suit test much better. The helmet just seems too small imo for a full human head to be in it. It's more like SS's clone helmets in that regard.

The tailoring is superb (although he has the usual open fly look most figures with front zipper seem to get) as is the finish. Articulation kills the FO Stormtroopers. The sidearm is magnetized like the Stormtrooper weapons, but there doesn't appear to be anywhere to put it.

I'm still very happy to have this figure in my collection, perhaps I just feel let down by the hype I had built myself.

Anyway, heres a couple of pics of the two. The SS is in a "walking to his ship" pose that doesn't seem to come off that well dead on but I think looks pretty good in the display. I couldn't get the FO pilot to replicate the same pose and look convincing so I put him in a more casual pose.

Tie%20Pilots_zpsjl7auoli.jpg

Tie%20Pilots%202_zpsgxpf9f3w.jpg

Wow, the SS TIE Pilot looks gigantic in comparison. A bit surprised by that.

Back