Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: TIE Pilot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up one of the die cast hasbro helmets. Looks pretty close to the HT one (second pic for scale).
9780dafd6699504067d18d3811c84074.jpg

066d498ffbc02fd326a18ee96c1d04f6.jpg

Will it fit or work on the HT figure...I love the red design, still hoping HT decides to pop on out as an exclusive somewhere...

It would definitely work with some modding/customizing. The tube would have to be cut out of the original helmet and then a neck adapter added (I did that with one of their Kylo Ren helmets) just filled it up with hot glue and stuck a neck adapter in. I'm not sure I wanna go through that process. Thinking about it. Surprised HT didn't put it out already given their penchant for variants with TFA.

Here's the Ren helmet.

ca56f78ed30f3be143a581fdcd882ad3.jpg
86b83eaac1f42f5aaf96f604497097f1.jpg

The Elite looks so much better, not sure why they would not have just made that one...

Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-8.jpg

Here's a comparison between my customized Hot Toys helmet, and the new Hasbro Titanium, die cast helmet.

Hot Toys on the left, die cast on the right.

Even though I got the forehead wrong, I actually prefer my customized paint job.

100f5d82d42aa29422732439f85db463.jpg
0d580921b0c23e933571f94410efc015.jpg

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

I just placed an order for this guy on Forbidden Planet NYC for $124.99 shipped. @Medusoid pointed out a sale on Marvel stuff so I went and took a gander. I've been wanting this guy for a while. Definitely a complete ****ing splurge considering I just bought X-Wing Luke on clearance at Hastings, but at that price I had to bite. I'm not smoking or drinking so, I guess I have to enjoy something. Forgive me for breaking the trooper resolve, @TonTon!

Will that Titanium fit on a Hot Toys figure ?

Here's a comparison between my customized Hot Toys helmet, and the new Hasbro Titanium, die cast helmet.

Hot Toys on the left, die cast on the right.

Even though I got the forehead wrong, I actually prefer my customized paint job.

100f5d82d42aa29422732439f85db463.jpg
0d580921b0c23e933571f94410efc015.jpg

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

I just placed an order for this guy on Forbidden Planet NYC for $124.99 shipped. @Medusoid pointed out a sale on Marvel stuff so I went and took a gander. I've been wanting this guy for a while. Definitely a complete ****ing splurge considering I just bought X-Wing Luke on clearance at Hastings, but at that price I had to bite. I'm not smoking or drinking so, I guess I have to enjoy something. Forgive me for breaking the trooper resolve, @TonTon!

Thanks for the tip on the sale @ Forbidden Planet NYC! Ordered one this morning!!!!

If I didn't have one I would have bought one for that price for sure. Congrats on the pick up. I ended up buying the Batman Returns set from them last night. :lol

Thanks for the tip on the sale @ Forbidden Planet NYC! Ordered one this morning!!!!

God that is such a good price

Thanks for the tip, couldn't resist at that price and ordered one!
Glad to have forwarded the information on! Hope you guys enjoy all the same. To think, I nearly bought this guy at $190 from SS not half a month ago.
If I didn't have one I would have bought one for that price for sure. Congrats on the pick up. I ended up buying the Batman Returns set from them last night. [emoji38]
Thanks, TonTon. I've seen him in your pictures with the Jakku trooper and it always catches my eye. One of the other 'non-character' figures that have really done that.
Nice grab on the Returns set! I really have to appreciate that set on the whole when I see people with it. The work HT always puts into Batman figures shines. Was that discounted as well?

At $125 shipped I couldn't resist. There's going to be so few chances at a bargain like that.

I had it in my head to get this stupid thing on clearance to go with the pilot I ordered yesterday. I don't recommend it to be honest.

29216515390_64fe0ea2e3_o_d.jpg

Amazing figure @ an amazing price. Flametrooper was going to be it for TFA but couldn't resist. TonTon you were right, nice contrast!

image.jpg

Back