Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: TIE Pilot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unrelated, but with all this arguing going on I thought I would share a fact of my own which you may or may not be aware of. I met the actor who played max rebo in jabbas palace. I know many of you will have the vintage Kenner figure of this guy (the blue elephant). Well he didn't actually have any arms. His legs are playing the piano and they lead to 2 butt cheeks that are sat on a big cushion. There is nothing below the keyboard. Look up some pics and this becomes more obvious. Kenner just guessed what his legs looked like and the rest is history...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yeah, yeah, and Greedo didn't really wear high heels.

Hang on to it, because we're likely getting the "snow speeder chase" back in the movie/blu ray since it was filmed (or so I've heard).

It was not being offered for sale, I have been collecting these since Galoob did them. You heard correctly according to Entertainment now

I have found out that some one made a video of Aaron, let me know your thoughts when you've watched it.

Does anyone know if the ankle pivot articulation is non existing for this figure?? or does the figure have some pivot in the boots?

The boots are really hard and didn't seem to have much give. There's probably a ball joint in there but it just doesn't get to do much cause of the plastic they used.

Some pivot that allows a little give for posing...quick, crappy pics...

c398af6f55d2eb23140868ea4897bfbd.jpg

0f9f33df5a89902d1993555166ae5e5b.jpg

029b7a1fcee74c179f334406c81e655e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I picked this guy up at Wondercon this weekend. I think the flight suit is pretty awesome but was really disappointed at how cheap the head feels. He basically cannot turn his head at all due to the rigid plastic hose they used to connect to the chest box and in the box art it looks like he has cool lenses that are a different material but in person it is pretty much just one big chunk of cheap black plastic. Kind of bummed for my first TFA figure. A holster would have been nice too.

20160329_075241.jpg
20160329_075316.jpg
20160329_075254.jpg
20160329_075327.jpg

Here's my review of the HT First Order TIE Pilot. Overall, another solid release by Hot Toys, but damn that rigid helmet hose is an absolute pain in the arse!

I was going to say the same thing. That tape doesn't look like it's for fine detail finish work. I'd probably use liquid over a pin stripe tape or something so your lines stay tight as possible. It looks super cool though. I was hoping we'd get this on summer con exclusive from HT....so might be right there with you should they dissappoint!

Thanks guys.

At some point I'll upgrade to an airbrush, I don't have any space for the setup at the moment, and there's the learning curve...

Yeah, the edges are a little rough, but in screen shots, parts of the red lines don't look perfectly clean to my eye.

In some places I left my little paint mistakes in tact, and in one or two spots I intentionally scratched off a little paint to give it that distinctive, Star Wars, "lived in universe" look. If it looks too pristine, it doesn't look very Star Wars to me.

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

This is easily one of the more ambitious paint jobs I've attempted. Quite frankly this scared the hell out of me, I thought I was just wasting my time this weekend, slowly ruining a perfectly good head sculpt, and make no mistake, it's FAR from perfect LOL, but it turned out much better than I anticipated!

3f6ce2ded275dc79f41baccee7acab09.jpg
fed4ffce1e8102342ad3fd2dd4cc9ac1.jpg
61599036fc41dc685f10d12ee8f0535e.jpg
f66c2ab7569d1b9c75595fc5e01b2710.jpg

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

Now THAT is how it should have been in the box. Your enthusiasm and inventiveness never ceases to amaze me. I can't wait to see what you'll do next.

Back