Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my figure of the year.

Yeah as a whole I completely agree with you, this figure captures her character perfectly despite the HS likeness. Some may argue that Batfleck is their FOTY but now that I own both, there are still limitations to Batfleck that I can't call it my FOTY.

But for this Rey, I'm all abroad to call this my FOTY. :clap

The only thing that could top this Imo is either Wonder Woman ( but not really because of the articulation limits ) or possibly TFA Han Solo because of likeness :dunno

This is my figure of the year.

Have you posed it with the head wrap on for long periods of time by any chance? This is pretty much the main pose I want to have her in, however apparently there's a warning from hot toys not to keep it on because it could affect the paint application. What's the lowdown? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you posed it with the head wrap on for long periods of time by any chance? This is pretty much the main pose I want to have her in, however apparently there's a warning from hot toys not to keep it on because it could affect the paint application. What's the lowdown? Lol

I have, as long as you don't keep taking it on and off , the head wrap could Wear out the paint on her forehead hair eventually. That's why I have a spare :lecture

I have, as long as you don't keep taking it on and off , the head wrap could Wear out the paint on her forehead hair eventually. That's why I have a spare :lecture

Spare head sculpts are the tools of masters in this trade. I do the same. Lol. However I don't plan on ever taking it off. This will most likely be my facial pose...forever. Haha.

If you only have one Rey figure and want to display it with the wrap, I'd get a bootleg head to put on the figure whenever you want to do so. I have two Rey figures already (one in scavenger gear and one with the lightsaber) and have the ROV version on PO, so I'm going to end up with three Rey sculpts. Doesn't bother me if the one in the scavenger gear potentially gets compromised. The sculpt on the figure that's wielding the lightsaber is the better of the two.

It would have been better if it had come with two head sculpts, like the Hoth Luke figure. So they'd be no need to be taking the headscarf on and off.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just got my 2 pack, really happy with it. I'm going to do a few mods on Rey, maybe make another belt in leather.
She is really tiny. O know it's a long shot but, has anybody tried to swap the body for a taller one?

Also just picked up the set. Very pleased. Some very quick photos. As if no one has seen it yet. Lol. Can't wait for Han Solo, because that is honestly my most anticipated figure from Force Awakens.
7d6273aa0234f527d2d927c8e8fd1c39.jpg
553a6715c7e44ce47bd59fcbdff17f63.jpg

Yeah not sure why I waited to pick this set up? Almost 16 years collecting. You think I would've learned by now. Lol.

And yeah, I love accessories. So I make it work. Lol

cc55d3cb1e4ebdba416d673e85f136ef.jpg
665d98c095c90d227840ccb36d2aaccc.jpg
f8bf0fc601ce322cc84c169865d8d063.jpg

If you mean the blue "saber portion", then yes sir. Just pull it out. Most of the HT sabers separate, however there are those that don't as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even tough there is a warning not to keep the headband on for too long ... i just can't find myself willing to have her posed any other way :gah:
I think i'm just gonna order a separate head sculpt and put it into the box
rey comp.jpg

I haven't been as impressed with this figure as others have. I put her back in the box after two weeks. The only accessory I took out was the lightsaber. I'm am selling mine. I really wanted to like it more but the scale is off to me. I have Kylo and she's tiny compared to him.

I haven't been as impressed with this figure as others have. I put her back in the box after two weeks. The only accessory I took out was the lightsaber. I'm am selling mine. I really wanted to like it more but the scale is off to me. I have Kylo and she's tiny compared to him.

Yeah that's a big disappointment for me as well, as I really wanted to have them standing side by side. Although personally I'd be more inclined to sell Kylo than Rey, since I think she still makes for a really cool and visually interesting figure.

Kylo I find myself getting more and more bored with every day.

I was a little put off by her scale when I first saw pics but in hand, like dave mentioned, she's a visually interesting figure and one of my favorites.

IMG_7833.JPG

I really do like my Kylo figure, but I do have to agree that Rey is a much more visually interesting figure.

Back