Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think its intended to be straight. Most Proto images has it at a slight angle.

star-wars-rey-bb-8-sixth-scale-set-hot-toys-902612-05.jpg

Maybe a little crooked, but still parallel with each other. Nothing as bad as Redwense is or mine was.

Can someone tell me how much I can sell my rey w/bb8? Nothing is missing, I still have the shippers box with it. Im loosing touch with the figure, I want to sell or should I wait?

Can someone tell me how much I can sell my rey w/bb8? Nothing is missing, I still have the shippers box with it. Im loosing touch with the figure, I want to sell or should I wait?

I would sell Rey and BB8 separately. You could probably get $180 maybe for Rey and like $70-$80 for the droid. You would still be losing out on money but would be getting close to retail. The set is still readily available everywhere a d probably will be for sometime. All of the Force Awakens stuff is slower to move.

View attachment 305233

I know it´s not canon. But I like using as much accessories as possible. :D

Great display. I think what is still great about action figures is doing your own thing with them. Recreating scenes from the movies is great but like I did as a child, I like to spice it up and do different things with the figures and let imagination run wild. Only a handful of films in existence follow a real-time linear path, no one ever goes to the bathroom in Star Wars for example, so there are plenty of things that could have happened off camera.

With the glut of RO reveals, she certainly didn't get all the light she deserves. Not gonna get mine for a couple more months but i'm certainly looking forward to it.

Rey is a great figure and BB-8 is cool as well. The only negative thing I'll say about the set is this: hard plastic for BB-8's antennae, Hot Toys? Really? These things break off so easily and it would have been better had they gone with softer material like the Hasbro Black Series figure.

Rey is fantastic!

I finally decided to try the gloves on Rey, but it seems that its really hard to get the gloved hands onto her left wrist due to the gauntlet thing she has (I broke a wrist peg trying to force it on hahaha). Is there something I'm missing?

I finally decided to try the gloves on Rey, but it seems that its really hard to get the gloved hands onto her left wrist due to the gauntlet thing she has (I broke a wrist peg trying to force it on hahaha). Is there something I'm missing?

No. it is a little tough getting the glove on with the gauntlet. I just used an exacto knife and carved and widened the gloved hand hole about a inch or two so it slips on better :lecture

No. it is a little tough getting the glove on with the gauntlet. I just used an exacto knife and carved and widened the gloved hand hole about a inch or two so it slips on better :lecture

Cheers. Got it on without breaking anything this time hahah.

The antennae on BB8 bothers you, but not Rey's short stature...?

Yeah, BB-8 has taken a nosedive a couple of times, landing head down, with the antennae hitting the floor first, either bending or snapping into. Size on Rey is not a deal-breaker for me, but I don't have Finn yet, either. It's also a pain to get the cloth situated for the scavenger look, so I typically just avoid it altogether. Says in the instructions not to leave her with the cloth wrap around the face for long anyway as it will cause the paint to rub off.

Before working on the environment I finally decided to mod Rey.
Basically I just remove the sockets from a couple of spare feet, cut 2-3mm on the bottom to avoid a bigger flamingo effect and wrapped some tape around them so they fit the boots.
r3.jpg

And here she is next to modded Finn and BB-8:
r1.jpgr2.jpg

I went for an hybrid scavenger look. Lot of options with this chick! :yess:

Back