Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great poses!!

My little project for my Rey and BB8 set is coming along nicely....

Can you guess who it is. ..
e07dadf0d3f96fd9fcb9dc9898380150.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Can't spell his name but remember him well :clap

Hey everyone. I'm seriously considering getting this great looking Rey/BB8 double pack. I've read through a number of the posts on here but not all of them.

Is the general consensus that this is a well put together figure? I see the majority of you are happy. I just want to make sure it's not a dud in the event I pull the trigger and get her.

I love the pics that a lot of you have posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone. I'm seriously considering getting this great looking Rey/BB8 double pack. I've read through a number of the posts on here but not all of them.

Is the general consensus that this is a well put together figure? I see the majority of you are happy. I just want to make sure it's not a dud in the event I pull the trigger and get her.

I love the pics that a lot of you have posted!

I didnt get the two pack since I had Sphero BB-8 already but as far as Rey goes she's definitely well put together. Not a dud at all. Great sculpt, clothing and accessories.

IMG_7838.JPG

It's a bit smaller than HT's but I think Sphero is actually closer to proper scale with Rey. HT's looks a little on the big side to me.

It's a bit smaller than HT's but I think Sphero is actually closer to proper scale with Rey. HT's looks a little on the big side to me.

The Rey figure is kind of small though. So perhaps it's a case of Rey being a bit on the smaller side and BB-8 actually being on point in terms of scale. However, since Rey is a bit smaller and BB-8 is meant to be displayed with her, the scale of BB-8 would need to actually be downsized to be in proportion with the smaller Rey figure.

The HT's BB-8 does seem it might be a bit out of scale compared to the figure (or vice versa as I mentioned). The tip of BB-8's tallest antenna looks like it comes up to about roughly Rey's mid thigh, while the HT's BB-8 looks like the tallest antenna comes up to roughly between the Rey figure's upper thigh and her waist.

star-wars-the-force-awakens-rey-finn-bb8-600x450.jpg

Not breaking out any rulers or anything of course, this is just simply based off of eyeballing both.

For the size of the Rey figure, I do have to say the Sphero BB-8 looks a bit more in scale with her. Not to mention is the correct shade of orange. HT's one is more of an auburn color.

That's what I was looking at too. Just based on Sphero next to Rey and HT BB next to her, I'd say Sphero matches her scale better. And, like you mentioned, the orange color on Sphero is more accurate than HT. Both look good with her though.

That's what I was looking at too. Just based on Sphero next to Rey and HT BB next to her, I'd say Sphero matches her scale better. And, like you mentioned, the orange color on Sphero is more accurate than HT. Both look good with her though.

I'd agree. I have Rey & BB-8 and I think the HT's BB-8 looks great. However, I think the Sphero one is more accurate in terms of color and scale between the two next to Rey. I think it's a case of the Rey figure being a bit on the small side though that causes the HT's BB-8 to look out of scale with her.

Quick photo of my TFA collection/display as it currently looks with my two Reys. I used to have Kylo in front of both Stormtroopers and both Reys on the same shelf, but I thought they'd look a bit better on separate shelves and also being that the Jakku Stormtrooper and Rey & BB-8 both have sand bases simulating Jakku. Just need Han, ROV Rey and Luke and I'm done with TFA.

image.jpg

Thanks! :duff

No, at least not TFA one. I wasn't too thrilled with the way the final sculpt turned out. I mean it looks decent, but I thought it left so much more to be desired after what was shown with the prototype, which I felt was spot on.

No prob! And I don't blame you there. I wish they didn't make him angry. And the fact that they didn't make Poe just sucks..

Looks great! :clap

Thank you!

Yeah, an angry expression just doesn't fit him for this film. As Maz said: "I see the eyes of a man wanting to run."

I've been on the fence in getting the set for a while. Well I just bid on one on eBay thinking that I probably wouldn't win anyway, and lo and behold...I won. Lol. I only got it for $15 cheaper, but a discount is a discount. Overall, is everyone happy with this figure? From the comments it appears that most are.

Also, I've got a very important question. The instructions say not to keep the head wrap on due to risk for heat affecting the paint on the head sculpt. Has anyone experienced this after having it on for a long time? Or has no one really been brave enough to keep it on for long periods of time? Lol

Sort of tempted to use the $30 Spooktacular coupon on the Rey and BB-8 set but since shipping is still $20 it doesn't work out to be a great discount. Maybe I'll go for the single Finn instead.

Back