Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly think the hero club one looks really good with the weathered paint apps. Better than the hot toys proto

Ya I get what you're saying and that's how I try and justify it with myself too, but it just happens a little to fast for my taste. It's nothing that ruins the movie or character for me tho, she is clearly an amazing person before you even find out that she is force sensitive, so it makes it more believable that she could figure out her powers quickly in a life or death situation. Great character and I loved Bb-8 too.

I recall Kylo Ren saying at some point that her powers won't take long to increase (or to that effect). That's why I'm leaning to the theory that she has already been trained, but has been "hidden" with a memory wipe by Luke or someone on Jakku.

23192770583_fd218a177e_b.jpg

Had to repost ??

HS needs tweaked but very close..this one needs a release much earlier than planned!

I recall Kylo Ren saying at some point that her powers won't take long to increase (or to that effect). That's why I'm leaning to the theory that she has already been trained, but has been "hidden" with a memory wipe by Luke or someone on Jakku.

I like this theory it makes everything work much better for me, I hope that's what they are gonna explain in episode VIII.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 266
HS needs tweaked but very close..this one needs a release much earlier than planned!

Nope! Too much Star Wars stuff coming out right now! I'd love break between releases. Once Leia releases in a month or two I'll be done until Phasma or the heroes of TFA start shipping.

I think Rey's uniform in the next movie will be cooler than her 'sexy Sandperson' outfit this time around.

But some here will get all three, right up to her final Jedi Rey look: sleek, tight and black... although she may go sleek, tight and white being a girl.

Honestly, I don't see how they could improve the sculpt much - there isn't one thing on the prototype where I can easily say "this is what needs to be tweaked". Daisy's "expressionless" face does not have a whole lot of defining characteristics that would make the likeness easily identifiable.

At least as far as the prototype/production photos go - and this is being very critical - the paint application could use a more tweaking than the sculpt, or they used bad lighting. The skin is almost too pale, there looks to be some slightly weird texturing, and the black eye-liner pops a little too much. However I think it's maybe just bad lighting - the figure on display at Toy Soul 2015 looks absolutely incredible.

Definitely very excited about this release.

I think Rey's uniform in the next movie will be cooler than her 'sexy Sandperson' outfit this time around.

But some here will get all three, right up to her final Jedi Rey look: sleek, tight and black... although she may go sleek, tight and white being a girl.

Mostly likely.......they clearly patterned Rey's costume design off of Luke in the original film (episode IV) - much like they did for most of the movie. Pretty safe to assume Rey won't be wearing her farm - erm, "scavenger" - clothes for Episode 8.

Doesn't bother me at all......the next movie isn't for another year and a half. If I like the movie, costume, and character enough - then maybe I'll buy that one too. But I'll worry about that in May 2017. Still a ways a way. All I know is I really liked Episode 7, I loved this character of Rey and I'll be very excited to add this one to my collection.

I'd go with any outfit. She is so hot!! Haha

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back