Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Pepper's body pretty much the same as stock Rey with less boob? How did you go about removing the belt?
Actually it's a little different. The legs are different too. I had to use the Rey's legs on the pepper body, because the Potts ankles are not meant to receive Rey's pegs.
The belt can be opened to be removed, or by removing both arms you can pull it all the way. Pretty sure there are videos on youtube showing how to do.

Envoyé de mon A0001 en utilisant Tapatalk

Actually it's a little different. The legs are different too. I had to use the Rey's legs on the pepper body, because the Potts ankles are not meant to receive Rey's pegs.
The belt can be opened to be removed, or by removing both arms you can pull it all the way. Pretty sure there are videos on youtube showing how to do.

Envoyé de mon A0001 en utilisant Tapatalk

Is the Potts body the same height as the Rey one? (Rey being undersized is a bit annoying)

Is the Potts body the same height as the Rey one? (Rey being undersized is a bit annoying)

pretty sure that it's the same size. But the figure isn't that undersized, heh. Next to Solo it looks pretty normal. The problem IMO is that the neck is too thin. I've thickened it on mine and it looks better.

I consider buying Rey & BB8 but here's the issue. Should I go for double pack or pick standard Rey and new TLJ BB8 which has more accessories (but lacks sand like stand)?

I consider buying Rey & BB8 but here's the issue. Should I go for double pack or pick standard Rey and new TLJ BB8 which has more accessories (but lacks sand like stand)?

I would go for the single pack Rey because the new BB8 is a much better version and has cool accessories. But if you’re looking to save money and don’t care about all the accessories, the double pack is a great set.

We don't actually know if the new BB8 is better other than the accessories because the colors were similar on the promo photos for the first one. That said, if you don't care too much about the thumbs up, etc... in terms of $ savings and storage space/etc - you'd probably be better off with the package deal. Up to you of course.

Either way, they are both great figures and have a wonderful presence. Some of my favorites in my collection by far.

You'd probably save money getting the Rey & BB-8 set from TFA.

:exactly: There have been some really good offers/prices on these recently so you might be able to find it for a good price. I have the Rey/BB8 set and I am glad I got it - it's a really nice set. :)

I am not able to shop at eBay. Paypal doesn't function in Turkey. Amazon.com is also expensive due to shipping and customs. Amazon.de is feasible since they don't charge VAT when sending outside EU. But standard prices are %10 cheaper than Turkey. So, it's not necessary unless there is a huge discount. Overall, sooner or later, it's certain I will pay a high price. The set will still be cheaper. I'll also probably display it without attachments. But more does not hurt. And, do you use the set's BB8 stand?

We don't actually know if the new BB8 is better other than the accessories because the colors were similar on the promo photos for the first one. That said, if you don't care too much about the thumbs up, etc... in terms of $ savings and storage space/etc - you'd probably be better off with the package deal. Up to you of course.

Either way, they are both great figures and have a wonderful presence. Some of my favorites in my collection by far.

The new BB-8 does seem to have been painted with the more accurate brighter orange instead of a dull orange-brown, so if that's important to you (as it was to me) I'd probably get that one. Plus it's got the lighter.

My set arrived yesterday. Only my third HT piece and my first SW HT. Got a killer deal. $219 shipped brand new. Unfortunately they will have to stay in the box until we move later this year. No room to display right now.

121b7cbd57951026935117ac644b9e46.jpg

Tap'd from my 7+

My set arrived yesterday. Only my third HT piece and my first SW HT. Got a killer deal. $219 shipped brand new. Unfortunately they will have to stay in the box until we move later this year. No room to display right now.
g[/IMG]

Tap'd from my 7+

Congrats!! :yess: It's a great looking set and that's a great deal too!! :rock

121b7cbd57951026935117ac644b9e46.jpg

Tap'd from my 7+

Awesome purchase price! I wish I got mine at that price too. But I really like this figure. It looks so good and has so many display options.

Definitely my favorite figure from TFA. Looks great from any angle and so many different ways to pose and display it. Recently pulled her out for a photo shoot.

The-Scavenger-in-gold-900.jpg

I'm selling my deluxe set if anyone is interested... never even taken her plastic wraps off... she's never been displayed, just opened to look at the face.

Definitely my favorite figure from TFA. Looks great from any angle and so many different ways to pose and display it. Recently pulled her out for a photo shoot.

Dat lighting... Looks amazing there, man! If only I could make my display look that way haha.

The Rey/BB8 set and Kylo are easily my two favorite figures from TFA and probably in my top 3 in general... Though, I only have 9 figures at the moment.

They just look so good on a shelf

Back