Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Iv'e seen it, but $100 is too steep seeing as he's a $65 add on with Rey. . I've seen some on ebay end in the $60 - $70 range. I'm a patient collector.. :)

I'd been on the fence about this set since it was released. I started watching eBay listings and picked one up for $230 free shipping. This was the 3rd set that sold at that price in the last week. Not sure why they're trending so low now.

Anyway, if you only want BB-8, at that price you could flip Rey and nearly break even.

eBay listings and picked one up for $230 free shipping. This was the 3rd set that sold at that price in the last week. Not sure why they're trending so low now.

Anyway, if you only want BB-8, at that price you could flip Rey and nearly break even.

I did the same a month or so ago. Clearance before the new TLJ Rey comes.

Fine with me.

Such a great set with so many looks and accessories. Can't go wrong with an origin look I think.

Rey is a lovely figure. I sold mine off because I am only collecting OT but I was really tempted to keep her anyway. So many options to display. I am surprised she is still available and at a discount to boot. I figured her and Kylo would have been long sold out now.

They made a truckload of TFA figures expecting massive sales. But obviously miscalculated in a big way. Now Rogue One figures for example have been made in short supply to not make that same mistake. It's a pity really.

Also doesn't help that there are so many movies coming so fast (not just Star Wars) so shorter runs are also beneficial to their production too.

If anyone is interested, CREG customs made an amazing angry Rey sculpt - just needs more interest for them to actually produce it.

97GJIh.jpg

1jMYOQ.jpg

9stmtM.jpg

Decent

I've had her posed with the scavenger open mask look for months and now it's stretched so it wont fit to cover her face, any tips?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I've had her posed with the scavenger open mask look for months and now it's stretched so it wont fit to cover her face, any tips?

Did it stain the head sculpt? I've been mulling over the idea of putting her in the scavenger gear, but the fear of staining has been keeping me from doing it.

I didnt really check, i had the goggles on top of the fabric, and i dont think the fabric is dyed.

My issue is the section i had pulled under her chin. It's no longer tight enough to form to her nose from being stretched..

What was the trick to bring Finn and Rey closer to each other scale wise? Was it longer feet pegs for Rey or shorter pegs for Finn? Or was it something else?

What was the trick to bring Finn and Rey closer to each other scale wise? Was it longer feet pegs for Rey or shorter pegs for Finn? Or was it something else?

Remove the ankle extenders on Finn. I posted a tutorial long ago. I'll see if I can find it again.

No real need for a tutorial with that mod. Just grab a pair of pliers. Pop off Finn's feet/boots and remove pants. Then, slightly heat the translucent ankle pegs where they connet to the legs to loosen glue. Grab the translucent connectors with your pliers and gently rotate them. When they start moving, pull them off et voilà!

I just got Finn. I'd be grateful if you could find a link to your tutorial! Thanks.

Similar to what Tee-Kay said. I dipped each ankle in near boiling water to heat them up. Used pliers to remove them. Took a spare pair of ankle joints, or you can use Finn's, and shaved one side down so that they fit into where the ankle extenders were. And you're done.

IMG_6172.JPG

IMG_6173.JPG

Right, forgot about the replacement connectors... which is not necessarily the easiest part of the mod to pull off :p

Anybody tried to swap her body for a taller one? I have the TFA Solo on its way and i'm afraid that she'll look too tiny. More important, one that match her face's tone...

Back