Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Finn 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time for a new camera that lets you adjust the focus manually, so you don't have to fight it like you did at the end there!

Finn has arrived image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Those are good pics, Jaymig, but I'm sorry to say they just restored all my fears about the sculpt. Finger hovering over the cancel button....again. Sigh.

Finn/Riot trooper just arrived, other than being waaaay too tall, I'm really happy with how this turned out

IMG_6759.jpg

Could perhaps have done with being a little less chiseled as Boyega has quite plump cheeks a lot of the time.

Broke out the camera for some (slightly) better shots. Futzed with the jacket and it sits nicer now, Finn's arms still make it too tight though.

_1080624.jpg
_1080639.jpg
_1080646.jpg
_1080651.jpg
_1080657.jpg
_1080670.jpg

Nice looking figure...but it is a step back on the likeness.
Proto nailed it...what happened HT's.:gah:

Nice looking figure...but it is a step back on the likeness.
Proto nailed it...what happened HT's.:gah:

I'd have to disagree about the proto, I feel this is actually closer to looking like Boyega (neither the proto nor production sculpt completely nail it though)

How's the articulation on the trooper? Did they alter the suit or is it the same as the others?

Same as all previous ones I'm afraid

Just finished watching the TFA blu-ray and this is looking less and less like Finn with every photo.

I was so looking forward to getting him, but now... can't bring myself to spend that sort of money on something that will annoy me every time I look at it :(

The proto captured the essence of the "character" so well. Some people think it looks like Boyaga - all good and well - but this ins't Finn at all.

Broke out the camera for some (slightly) better shots. Futzed with the jacket and it sits nicer now, Finn's arms still make it too tight though.

View attachment 271712
View attachment 271713
View attachment 271714
View attachment 271715
View attachment 271716
View attachment 271717

Thanks for the review!

Looking forward to getting this figure from Sideshow whenever they get it! Hopefully soon!

Proto did look better but it still came out good. If I do buy Finn it'll be in the 2 pack with the RC Trooper, maybe after I knock out Civil War I'll come back to TFA.

Back