Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Finn 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really never understand why people respond 'in your opinon' or put 'in my opinion'.

It's a redundant addednum to a sentence that gets way overused round here. Almost as if when some people don't use it, other members think they believe what they're saying is fact.

Odd. :lol

I've found that necessary with a number of loonies on here unfortunately. :lol

Wow, some of you just don't have an eye for this stuff. The production portrait is more accurate than the proto. Hands down. It was the first thing I thought when I saw a video review, then I come here and people are freaking out. It is certainly different, but for the better. I think the people that like the proto just think it's better looking than the actual actor. Lol

Wow, some of you just don't have an eye for this stuff. The production portrait is more accurate than the proto. Hands down. It was the first thing I thought when I saw a video review, then I come here and people are freaking out. It is certainly different, but for the better. I think the people that like the proto just think it's better looking than the actual actor. Lol

Well said! Time for some to take off the rose tinted glasses.

Nah.

I have no fathomable understanding of the beer goggles people are wearing when they think the final product even vaguely resembles Finn in the film. The middle shot is lifted directly off the film.

The proto was near perfect... It's beyond comprehension why they screwed with it :slap

One thing I have noticed looking at the pic above, the eyebrows aren't painted as heavily ass the proto. Could this help reduce the likeness ? Maybe painting them heavier may help ?

He had more expressions than that one. Like this.
37b94c88915dfe1bc993e23b7cda38d2.jpg

Or this
3c05775a981635210b63ff8ce5d5b238.jpg

Or this.
cca6d32bd273d0910d234faa5a3cc5a3.jpg

And this.
4aa59a1e345eff377404b6977664d6d1.jpg

The production head is slightly different than the prototype, but that may be due more to the effects of the production than it is to any resculpting on Hot Toys part. It still looks very much like John Boyega to me.

I'm interested in hearing more about the riot trooper and seeing more pics! I'm hoping the range of articulation has improved.

In my opinion some opinions are better than others. ;)

With that in mind I really love this figure and what I will say is that he's quite aggressive looking but that works really well with a lightsaber in hand. The skull shape is a little too round where the actors us a bit more pointed on the top.
Likeness are extremely hard especially in 3D and I think folks here and many collectors in general have always expects to much I feel. It's debatable as to weather the proto head was better. I can see for an against but this iswhat we got.

Anyways Sunday is play time in my house.

Image1466353448.649245.jpg

Image1466353476.009889.jpg

Image1466353499.256831.jpg

Image1466353520.534981.jpg

Image1466353541.328672.jpg

Image1466353586.126277.jpg

Love this shot. Looks JUST like a promo shot of John Boyaga!

46df33121d554947efa930f8a3c3e4b6.jpg

Nice one mate!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Could anyone with decent photoshop skills thicken the eyebrows on the production head ? I think that this will make a big difference towards the likeness.

The production sculpt is like ordering a steak but getting a burger. It's still pretty good, but not really what you wanted. :lol

Back