Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Finn 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now with better pics I can see how great that sculpt really is. Looks great in these shots. Somewhat worried about the leather jacket though. If kept in that pose I wonder if the leather will start to crack and wear away?
I have three Hot Toys Terminator figures that all wear leather jackets and haven't had an issue with any of them cracking due to being posed.

12345577_989950801043248_3804432811197139020_n.jpg

That's a great likeness.

Finn looks great sculptwise, have to see the movie (tomorrow! yeay!) before I know whether the character is worth it to me (and given it's not the most interesting design i would have to love the character).

Figure looks great, and probably one of the best HT likenesses I've seen. The actors and characters are getting rave reviews, so sure I will be picking it up.

The skin tone on the head looks a few shades darker than the neck/chest. Just bad lighting?

I loved Finn. He made a HUGE impression. Getting this figure and Rey for sure. I think he looks great, especially in the newest shots.

But in the great expanse of the Star Wars universe he's a nobody.

Not sure if I want anyone from this film apart from OT characters, since they would exist regardless of this film.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I can see myself cancelling the TIE Pilot, because there are far too many figures that could be bought purely on the basis that they looked good. Have to stick to buying figures that mean something, i.e. a nostalgic connection.

TFA is hard to accept on visual grounds: not sure I want to accept a film into the canon where the Stormtroopers resemble a Disney mascot.

How can you be so sure he's a nobody when he was one of the main characters in this one and there's 2 more films coming?

TFA is hard to accept on visual grounds: not sure I want to accept a film into the canon where the Stormtroopers resemble a Disney mascot.

I mean this in the most respectful way possible because I like your posts... but that is one dumb reason :lol:lol Sorry. :dunno

As far as Finn being a nobody.... he helped save Rey as Han helped save Leia. I think he is very valuable character who will contribute to changing events in the galaxy. :dunno

He's a nobody to me because he's a new character in a series that I'm not sure I'm going to buy into.

I hate the helmets on these new stormtroopers. They have Disney duck written all over them.

I suppose it could've been worse. Disney might have insisted they had big round mouse ears instead. :lol

Well that's on you. He's was great. Definitely not a nobody.

Well, I'm glad you liked him. :)

My point is that, at this stage, everyone apart from the OT characters are nobodies. They only become somebodies if you take the effort to invest in the series. Naturally that means accepting the series in the face of the preceding years of EU - which was erased in preparation for this film.

I now buy Star Wars figures based on nostalgia. e.g., I have no PT figures on display. My solitary PT Sideshow figure (Maul) has been boxed up for years.

Same here. I guess that goes for all of us the old timers.

Most of the younger guys here can relate to fynn and the new characters

Back