Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Finn 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

12347911_986484188091231_5371132086051146469_n.jpg

I get that it's hard to accept the new generation sometimes, but I think they did a good job with Rey and Finn and not making them carbon copies of Han and Leia.

Not too fussed about Poe though. I just hope they don't spiral into some god forsaken triangle with Poe/Rey/Finn, that would be horrible.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Cool pic from Jingo. Can't wait to get this figure. He really had a charismatic part to play in this film. As someone mentioned, he saved Poe and Rey! I thought his character was most UNLIKE any SW characters seen before.

Parts of of the story did feel familiar simply because it borrowed so much from the EU and heavily leaned on the formulaic OT DJA.

Someone needs to pass around some French fries for all the salt in the last few pages..

It just screams I'm old, I hate everything, get off my lawn. It seems like people who only like the OT don't even like Star Wars. They hate the PT, hate Clone Wars and Rebels, and now hate TFA. And some of them hate ROTJ. So in a saga that has continued for nearly 40 years with multiple parts and continuations, many people only like 22-30% of the series. And if you hate the SE versions too, you can bump it down to 20%. Can you even call yourself a Star Wars fan at that point?

I thought the movie was great. It introduced everyone and brought back old favorites. And I ended up liking Finn a lot more than I thought I would. Looking forward to 8. Sorry for the long post, but I don't understand how people can be so resistant to anything new if it's not exactly how something used to be. If the world worked like this we would never progress. It's just childish. Prob not going to gain any friends by this post, but needs to be said. The negativity in these threads are ridiculous.

Someone needs to pass around some French fries for all the salt in the last few pages..

It just screams I'm old, I hate everything, get off my lawn. It seems like people who only like the OT don't even like Star Wars. They hate the PT, hate Clone Wars and Rebels, and now hate TFA. And some of them hate ROTJ. So in a saga that has continued for nearly 40 years with multiple parts and continuations, many people only like 22-30% of the series. And if you hate the SE versions too, you can bump it down to 20%. Can you even call yourself a Star Wars fan at that point?

I thought the movie was great. It introduced everyone and brought back old favorites. And I ended up liking Finn a lot more than I thought I would. Looking forward to 8. Sorry for the long post, but I don't understand how people can be so resistant to anything new if it's not exactly how something used to be. If the world worked like this we would never progress. It's just childish. Prob not going to gain any friends by this post, but needs to be said. The negativity in these threads are ridiculous.

I get the same general vibe from a lot of hardcore fans. I do generally hate the PT (in spite of some gorgeous design work), and think ROTJ doesn't hold up well, but TFA is great.

I just posted in the cantina:

"I have a couple of nitpicks with the film, but the decisions they made make sense, for the most part. It also connected with my girlfriend. She *hates* Star Wars, but enjoyed this. It succeeded, because it's not just for us, nor should it be.

I was smiling through most of it. I hear a lot of fans my age complaining about the "street" humour, modern sensibilities etc.

What the **** was anyone expecting? The year is 2015 and this has to connect with everyone, including a youthful demographic that doesn't know or care how we feel about the big new movie.

The media and advertising landscape is completely different. Have fun with it."

Whoa. I just quoted myself! :rotfl

But here's the thing. Some fandom is unhealthy. People can like what they like and I don't care at the end of the day as it's a matter of taste, but there is a class of fan that's basically building a shrine to their childhood; I see it a lot on other sites, can't say one way or the other about this one.

Anything that runs counter to their nostalgia is met with hostility, and maybe it's because it slaps them in the face with adulthood, who knows?

I will never get 1977 back. I have bills and responsibilities and the stories of my childhood will inevitably change and be passed on to other, legitimate childhoods.

The kids don't care what I think because to them I'm old and uncool. I'm 42, it had to happen.

[...]
Not sure I'm buying into this new series revisionism. It's preceded by over 30 years of stories now consigned to the trash compactor.

Here's where you and I differ; I know next to nothing of the EU. At any rate, I'm not going to fault you for having different taste, but I've heard some weird **** on other fan forums. :cuckoo:

I'm all in for TFA figures. Plus when I get Finn, I can......

Movie spoiler.

Spoiler Spoiler:

[...] The OT has a head start on nostalgia, but it's literally a matter of deciding whether to invest in a new series, both psychologically and financially.

True, one of the primary drivers for my collecting habits is in fact, nostalgia. But a secondary consideration is a general enjoyment of popular culture, as such TFA isn't out of the question but isn't a priority.

I saw Ant-Man twice and really enjoyed it, but don't feel the need for a tangible piece of the film in my home. Because TFA connects to the beginning (1977) I could possibly do one or two characters I like, but the pull isn't the same. Will I invest 'psychologically' ... ? ... as far as that goes ... I'll definitely enjoy all the films, why not?

I completely agree with what you said KerotanFrog. A lot of people I know have the same mindset as what you described. It's like they're thinking "It's not OT, therefore it sucks and I hate it"
Get off your high horses, and accept that change is inevitable, except from vending machines. I LOVE the OT, I won't be the first to say it or the last for that matter, but I love how they're passing on the baton to younger characters, therefore passing it down to this generation, and the more modern demographic. That's one of the reasons why I love this move so much: It still nods to the OT a lot, but is also bringing more modern influences into it, and I mean I think the newer/younger actors/actresses nailed it! You can bet your galactic credits I'm picking up ALL of the main Characters from this movie, old and new! To the people who are just picking up the old characters for nostalgia sake, do what you want, but I hope that sooner rather than later you remove the blinders and realise that you need to give the newer characters a chance, because as evidenced with TFA, they are here to stay. They're the new generation. Get used to it.

I completely agree with what you said KerotanFrog. A lot of people I know have the same mindset as what you described. It's like they're thinking "It's not OT, therefore it sucks and I hate it"
Get off your high horses, and accept that change is inevitable, except from vending machines. I LOVE the OT, I won't be the first to say it or the last for that matter, but I love how they're passing on the baton to younger characters, therefore passing it down to this generation, and the more modern demographic. That's one of the reasons why I love this move so much: It still nods to the OT a lot, but is also bringing more modern influences into it, and I mean I think the newer/younger actors/actresses nailed it! You can bet your galactic credits I'm picking up ALL of the main Characters from this movie, old and new! To the people who are just picking up the old characters for nostalgia sake, do what you want, but I hope that sooner rather than later you remove the blinders and realise that you need to give the newer characters a chance, because as evidenced with TFA, they are here to stay. They're the new generation. Get used to it.

Great post! The new characters are the best thing about this film. Unlike the PT I found them utterly relatable and believable.

Glad I'm not alone in feeling this way. I love all six Star Wars films but I don't want to keep rewatching them over and over again to the point where I get sick of them. It's good that there are new stories to tell. It's how we keep the love for Star Wars alive. The saga is in great hands moving forward.

When i read folks wanting to collect basically all the figures except Finn it makes me suspect it may be for other reasons. If you get what I'm saying. Especially since there was such an uproar when he was cast.

When i read folks wanting to collect basically all the figures except Finn it makes me suspect it may be for other reasons. If you get what I'm saying. Especially since there was such an uproar when he was cast.

It's certainly possible, but for me personally: Finn in Stormtrooper armour = cool action figure. Finn in leather jacket and black pants = boring. Keeping in mind, I wouldn't buy a ceremonial Luke, either, and generally prefer him as X-Wing Pilot or Stormtrooper Disguise to Farm Boy look, as well. For me, Star Wars is as much about technology and armour as it is about the characters themselves.

To me he looks like any guy I could see walking on the street etc. You could say the same about 3 leads in original with plain outfits but there there's something familiar but with a twist.

And no it's nothing to do with his colour as I'd buy Mace asap. (Already have sideshow version and had Hasbro's 12" Windu) 💃💃

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back