Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Finn 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot was riding on its strengths. A top notch head sculpt, and well.. It had one, now it doesn't.
:dunno
In your opinion of course.
The prototype was too chiselled/athletic looking, production piece looks spot on imo.

I really never understand why people respond 'in your opinon' or put 'in my opinion'.

It's a redundant addednum to a sentence that gets way overused round here. Almost as if when some people don't use it, other members think they believe what they're saying is fact.

Odd. :lol

Oh trust me a lot of people think what they are saying is fact and something is wrong with you if you do not agree with them.

How's the posability on the stormtrooper? Can he move his limbs? I might be able to get a good deal on the two pack and just wanted to check.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Oh trust me a lot of people think what they are saying is fact and something is wrong with you if you do not agree with them.
Or you get people who jump down your back if you make a statement that they don't agree with and don't say in my opinion. Some people take things too broadly and will attack the first chance they get. Especially on the Internet. I think that's why I use it a lot.

Not sure if I want to go for the set or just the single Finn figure. Kind of leaning towards just the single.

I hope the initial reaction was SSF's usual overreaction, but I do think the proto was better. The influx of in hand pics will be good to see however.

My sentiments as well.

The first couple of photos that were released of the production sculpt didn't look too good. The sculpt still wasn't horrible, but it left a lot to be desired and looked nothing like the proto sculpt. These in hand pictures though make it look better. Still not quite as good as the proto I feel, but looks a lot better than those first few pictures.

Hopefully it gets even better as more and more in hand pictures get posted.

I really never understand why people respond 'in your opinon' or put 'in my opinion'.

It's a redundant addednum to a sentence that gets way overused round here. Almost as if when some people don't use it, other members think they believe what they're saying is fact.

Odd. :lol

You mean kind of like when people say "the fact of the matter is" when all they really have to say is "the fact is"? :lol

The "matter" is the subject that is being discussed, which has already been established.

Or you get people who jump down your back if you make a statement that they don't agree with and don't say in my opinion. Some people take things too broadly and will attack the first chance they get. Especially on the Internet. I think that's why I use it a lot.

:exactly:

The Internet, or anonymity in general, tends to bring out the worst in people. Which is why I feel how one acts and carries themselves in anonymity, or whenever they feel they can get away with it, is a testament to their true character and is them showing their true colors.

Some more in-hand pics
27131802784_d7eaa36e30_b_d.jpg

This is the pic that sold me. I think it looks great. I thought the proto was outstanding but after comparing it to screen caps of Boyega, and watching TFA last night, it actually looks more stylized. Kind of how they've treated most of their SW sculpts.

Truth be told, I'm fine with either sculpt, they both look a lot like Boyega to me.

Yeah, I see Boyega in both. Though if I had a choice of which one I wanted, I'd go with the proto sculpt.

Proto sculpts generally tend to be a bit better than production sculpts though anyway. They had an ample amount of time to fashion and perfect one sculpt, while with the production sculpt, they have to just pump out as many as they can in a certain amount of time. Seldom does a production sculpt look exactly like the proto, or the production actually looks better than the proto. It's happened, but it's rare.

Proto sculpts generally tend to be a bit better than production sculpts though anyway. They had an ample amount of time to fashion and perfect one sculpt, while with the production sculpt, they have to just pump out as many as they can in a certain amount of time. Seldom does a production sculpt look exactly like the proto, or the production actually looks better than the proto. It's happened, but it's rare.

Definitely, but they changed this Finn sculpt. Wasn't like there was just a drop off cause of the mass producing part of things. Han was changed too, Kenobi and Leia were kept the same. I think Luke suffered from the drop off in quality that comes with mass production (hair not sitting quite the same way, some features softener) but I'm not sure the sculpt itself was changed, but maybe it was--harder to say with that one.

Definitely, but they changed this Finn sculpt. Wasn't like there was just a drop off cause of the mass producing part of things. Han was changed too, Kenobi and Leia were kept the same. I think Luke suffered from the drop off in quality that comes with mass production (hair not sitting quite the same way, some features softener) but I'm not sure the sculpt itself was changed, but maybe it was--harder to say with that one.

Definitely true also. It's almost a 50/50 gamble when they make alterations to the sculpt; sometimes it comes out looking better, sometimes it has adverse effects.

Looks good to me. I skipped TFA figures but if I came across this 2 pack for a steal of a price(and this means no where near retail) I'd happily buy it.

Good to see some in hand pics - different angles and light.

TBH I'm not as worried about the sculpt as I was. Some of the in hand pics are making him look heavier, and I think that is throwing the HS. Not sure it is 100% the HS fault though....he just needs more neck...and I think the bulky jacket collar makes his neck look shorter/more muscular and his shoulders broader. (hence the Tyson comparisons?)
If the jacket were futzed or the figure posed with more neck showing it would look more like the prototype pics.

Back