1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Captain Phasma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Luke yet either.

But that is a very nice display, Davejames. Did the v2 Phasma with spear ever get a PO or get released? And is she AWOL with Poe?

Unlike Poe I would guess she’s completely dead, especially given that BBTS is giving away $150 for people to buy the first one.

HT must be waiting for Ep. 9 now to give Poe another chance to earn a PO.

I liked Phasma with the spear better... as impractical as it is for a trooper. But then her real weapon of choice seems to be her sneaky little pistol.

The spear allowed her to savor all the little emotions. I guess she gets to do that since her armor is blaster proof. Though in retrospect you'd think that she would have tried to take Finn when he had his gun on her at the end of TFA if that were the case.

Silly Rian Johnson.

No Luke yet either.

But that is a very nice display, Davejames. Did the v2 Phasma with spear ever get a PO or get released? And is she AWOL with Poe?

Hobo Luke should be coming in a couple weeks hopefully. I would have preferred a TLJ Phasma since she really does look a whole lot cooler with the spear and the cleaner armor, but it's pretty obvious now that they won't be releasing her. And I'm guessing we won't be seeing her in the next movie at all.

052d9f97c9c4f97d3adb403671052b33.jpg

Just picked up Captain Phasma from BBTS. Man she’s AWESOME!!! I totally needed her to go with Kylo and the rest of my First Order Troops. I mean, without her, who’s going to lead them into battle!?

Seriously though, I love her character! Just a quick pic after I set her up. Better ones will be incoming when I get a chance to get some really cool ones.

I tried to give her a feminine stance, as best I could working with stormy armor. Feet not to wide apart and knees slightly locked. She is taller than the standard trooper with armor that’s much more slender and not so bulky. It really came out cool. Just went with the iconic pose that we always see her in throughout the film marching around with her blaster.

Congrats, Xeno! Nice picture!

It's a great figure with a lot of presence on the shelf, but is seriously restricted in posing by the armor and undersuit. I get very frustrated when I try to pose her in a new way and it's like pulling teeth to bend the elbows and arms in any deep angle.

But I agree she looks great next to Kylo and a trooper.

Congrats, Xeno! Nice picture!

It's a great figure with a lot of presence on the shelf, but is seriously restricted in posing by the armor and undersuit. I get very frustrated when I try to pose her in a new way and it's like pulling teeth to bend the elbows and arms in any deep angle.

But I agree she looks great next to Kylo and a trooper.

Thanks MOL! You’re 100% correct on the elbow!! For some reason my right elbow at first wouldn’t bend far enough to have her holding the blaster like she is. I finally took off the armor, worked the elbow and straightened out the undersuit in the right arm and it bent all the way. The rubber suit is very restrictive on the arms. I feel like they may have even used just a bit too much rubber as it could have been tighter against the body and given more range of motion. Seems like the rubber slack gets bound up on the inside of the elbow and restricts movement as a result. But then again... futzing is half the fun right? Ha!

Were you able to get her right arm to 90°? From your picture it looks like you did and maybe even a little more! I could only get to about 70-80°. I did something similar in that I took off her forearm armor and pulled the rubber sleeve up to give the elbow area more slack for bending. I could maybe get it to 90° but then would spring back 10-20° on its own.

Were you able to get her right arm to 90°? From your picture it looks like you did and maybe even a little more! I could only get to about 70-80°. I did something similar in that I took off her forearm armor and pulled the rubber sleeve up to give the elbow area more slack for bending. I could maybe get it to 90° but then would spring back 10-20° on its own.

Yup! I was able to get it to 90 degrees. At first it was doing EXACTLY as you described with moving back a bit on its own and only the left would go the full 90. Try to strip off the armor all the way up to the shoulder bell and work the elbow a bit. Rather than pulling the rubber up on the arm, like when you put up your sleeves on a long sleeve shirt, try pulling it down to the wrist so it’s nice and straight and not bunched up. I suspect you’re having the same issue I did with the rubber suit interfering and pushing the arm back out at the elbow.

Yup! I was able to get it to 90 degrees. At first it was doing EXACTLY as you described with moving back a bit on its own and only the left would go the full 90. Try to strip off the armor all the way up to the shoulder bell and work the elbow a bit. Rather than pulling the rubber up on the arm, like when you put up your sleeves on a long sleeve shirt, try pulling it down to the wrist so it’s nice and straight and not bunched up. I suspect you’re having the same issue I did with the rubber suit interfering and pushing the arm back out at the elbow.

Thanks! :hi5:

The hand grip on these FO trooper blasters looks pretty thick. Can anyone answer if a standard OT Stormtrooper can hold it in his hand? Or is the opening grip of their hands too small?

I'll probably never buy one of these new design ST FO Troopers, but I've thought about buying a parted out gun a few times just to have a variety of blasters so my Stormtroopers aren't all holding standard E-11's. I like this one Phasma comes with, with the extended stock.

Thanks. A picture would be great too from anyone if possible.

It's pictures like this that make me rethink my dislike for the character. Looks so awesome here.

Its a great figure WOR, bought her and never regretted it. You can get her for about 150 now also.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Absolutely! Hope you get the pose you’re going for!

The hand grip on these FO trooper blasters looks pretty thick. Can anyone answer if a standard OT Stormtrooper can hold it in his hand? Or is the opening grip of their hands too small?

I'll probably never buy one of these new design ST FO Troopers, but I've thought about buying a parted out gun a few times just to have a variety of blasters so my Stormtroopers aren't all holding standard E-11's. I like this one Phasma comes with, with the extended stock.

Thanks. A picture would be great too from anyone if possible.

I plan on taking out a standard FA Trooper sometime this week of next to set him up. I’ll get picks for you if/ when I do.

It's pictures like this that make me rethink my dislike for the character. Looks so awesome here.

Thanks WOR! 👍🏻

Back