1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Captain Phasma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of only 2 Hot Toys figures I've ever sold. The other being a First Order Stormtrooper. They struggle to get even the most basic of poses. Phasma looks kind of nice as a background piece I guess. That's quite apt when you think about her role in the movies.

Yeah Phasma's a lot like the IG-88 I just bought. There aren't really a ton of posing options but she still has a ton of presence on the shelf, and sometimes that's all I'm really looking for in a figure.

It’s still there actually. You pay full price plus tax but get a $175 credit.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/74600

Works out to being a $100 figure as I have several planned orders.

Am I remembering this correctly? I ordered something from BBTS and the tax didn't show up after I clicked on the button and submitted the order. I remember being surprised by the taxes but I had already submitted the order. Am I remembering this wrong?

Remembering what correctly? Current credit is $175 and taxes vary by state. BBTS still isn’t charging yet here in Texas yet.

I think I’m about to pull the trigger on this and the Chitauri foot soldier (I have the officer already) and use the credit for my IW Thanos on order. And I honestly wouldn’t mind picking up a couple more first order stormtroopers. They oddly remind me of Disney World more than anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remembering what correctly? Current credit is $175 and taxes vary by state. BBTS still isn’t charging yet here in Texas yet.

I think I’m about to pull the trigger on this and the Chitauri foot soldier (I have the officer already) and use the credit for my IW Thanos on order. And I honestly wouldn’t mind picking up a couple more first order stormtroopers. They oddly remind me of Disney World more than anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seem to remember the taxes didn't show up until after I submitted my order. The final total surprised me because taxes suddenly appeared in the final total.

DSC_0075.jpg
DSC_0071.jpg
DSC_0087.jpg
DSC_0080.jpg

I just picked up Captain Phasma last week from eBay, took some photos today. I've increasingly got to like the character and her design, I think from playing as her on Battlefront..! I'm very happy with the figure. I bought it loose, then got the missing hands from Toy Anxiety - absolute bargain really.

I took the helmet apart and modified the 'face' panel as I've always thought the HT figure looked like its in the wrong place - its too low, sticks too far out and the wrong angle, making the mouth look weirdly pinched. Happy to share more info if anyone is interested, it took about an hour with a scalpel, file, sandpaper and superglue. I feel like it makes the helmet feel 100% more accurate to what was on screen.

I've got some silver rub and buff coming next week to fix the frown too - will add a few pics when that's done!(Thanks Davejames for the tip)

Anyway - enjoy the pics

IMG_7247.jpeg
IMG_7237.jpeg
IMG_7246.jpeg
IMG_7240.jpeg

Original on Left, modified on Right
15508699-DFEE-421C-B2C0-0A06BEBA3654.jpg

I just picked up Captain Phasma last week from eBay, took some photos today. I've increasingly got to like the character and her design, I think from playing as her on Battlefront..! I'm very happy with the figure. I bought it loose, then got the missing hands from Toy Anxiety - absolute bargain really.

I took the helmet apart and modified the 'face' panel as I've always thought the HT figure looked like its in the wrong place - its too low, sticks too far out and the wrong angle, making the mouth look weirdly pinched. Happy to share more info if anyone is interested, it took about an hour with a scalpel, file, sandpaper and superglue. I feel like it makes the helmet feel 100% more accurate to what was on screen.

I've got some silver rub and buff coming next week to fix the frown too - will add a few pics when that's done!(Thanks Davejames for the tip)

Anyway - enjoy the pics

View attachment 453434
View attachment 453435
View attachment 453436
View attachment 453433

Original on Left, modified on Right
View attachment 453438

Looks great! Definitely better.

Great mod and photos joey!

:gah: such a cool looking figure and its dirt cheap. I just can't get behind the character. She was a total let down to me. The TLJ fight scene was okay and had some cool visuals, but I kinda wish she had beat finn's ass and they just happened to get away or something.

Great mod and photos joey!

:gah: such a cool looking figure and its dirt cheap. I just can't get behind the character. She was a total let down to me. The TLJ fight scene was okay and had some cool visuals, but I kinda wish she had beat finn's ass and they just happened to get away or something.

But that’s sort of what happened. She did beat Finns ass and he only survived and was elevated by luck. He had no chance if it wasn’t for luck and surprise.

But that’s sort of what happened. She did beat Finns ass and he only survived and was elevated by luck. He had no chance if it wasn’t for luck and surprise.

Nah getting cracked over the head and thrown into a pit of fire was definitely not beating finn's ass to me :lol nevermind the BB8 ridiculousness.

Loved that moment right before all that though where she got shot and just turned all "how dare you" style and unloaded her pistol. There was some cool moments in the fight, but I just didn't love how it ended. Visually though, it was one of the more impressive color palettes in the film imo.

Nah getting cracked over the head and thrown into a pit of fire was definitely not beating finn's ass to me :lol nevermind the BB8 ridiculousness.

Loved that moment right before all that though where she got shot and just turned all "how dare you" style and unloaded her pistol. There was some cool moments in the fight, but I just didn't love how it ended. Visually though, it was one of the more impressive color palettes in the film imo.

...think maybe you should watch the scene and read my comment again. :)

...think maybe you should watch the scene and read my comment again. :)

Don't need to. The result undermines anything really cool about the scene imo. Like I said, I would have vastly preferred a narrow escape with Phasma blasting away at them to what we got. She deserved it to after the poor showing in TFA.

Back