1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Captain Phasma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I've been taking another look at this figure recently too. I've never really had an issue with the character myself (other than the fact she just didn't have nearly as big a presence in the movies as I had hoped), and still think she has a really badass look and design.

The only thing still holding me back though is the slightly small looking helmet. It doesn't seem off by a lot, but it's still off just enough to bug me...

View attachment 436641

I am not seeing the helmet being small.

If you ask me, HT prototype wasn't different enough to warrant another purchase. Had they offered a broken helmet with partial face sculpt beneath, i would probably have gone for it.

If I had TFA Phasma, I wouldn't buy TLJ Phasma either. My ideal Phasma would be shiny TFA.

Nice, saintv1. How are other owners feeling about this figure? I admittedly don’t like the character but still feel like she could look cool on display. Have stormie Finn, flametrooper, and will have TLJ Ren soon too. BBTS has a deal where she’s basically $104.
The figure looks great and will pair perfectly with any other First Order figures (mine is going to flank TLJ Kylo Ren). If you want broad posability this is not the figure for you, as it's almost completely immobile outside the arms--but I'm pretty happy with the simple pose I was able to get out of it.

I waited a long time to find it at a good price, but I'm glad to have the giant armour plated Gwendoline Christie on the shelf finally.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

They say it feels cheap when touched, but I don't think that's the case while displaying.

So yeah, I totally bought myself a Captain Phasma. :D Since I loved how fearsome and badass she came across at the end of TLJ with that spear. And I gotta say, in hand the thing is really damn impressive and amazing to look at, especially with the light from outside hitting it. For not being diecast it still has the look and feel on display of a diecast figure. And while the posing is definitely limited, you can at least twist the torso enough to get some decent poses out of it. And I also love how big and imposing she looks among my other ST figures.

I did use some silver rub n buff to lighten up that brow line, and also lightened up the other recessed lines on the helmet since HT went a bit overboard with the weathering. And I'm planning to make a spear for her as well at some point.

20190112_1103011.jpg

20190112_1101421.jpg

20190112_110111.jpg

20190112_1107041.jpg

Wow! That shelf of ST figures looks amazing, davejames!! Your tweaks and posing on these figures is always a treat to see. Congrats on the Phasma; she's looking fierce!

Thanks! It's really fun trying to think up new poses for them. My other figs, I usually tend to find one pose and leave it that way for a while, but the SW ones I find myself wanting to change up a lot more for some reason.

So yeah, I totally bought myself a Captain Phasma. :D Since I loved how fearsome and badass she came across at the end of TLJ with that spear. And I gotta say, in hand the thing is really damn impressive and amazing to look at, especially with the light from outside hitting it. For not being diecast it still has the look and feel on display of a diecast figure. And while the posing is definitely limited, you can at least twist the torso enough to get some decent poses out of it. And I also love how big and imposing she looks among my other ST figures.

I did use some silver rub n buff to lighten up that brow line, and also lightened up the other recessed lines on the helmet since HT went a bit overboard with the weathering. And I'm planning to make a spear for her as well at some point.

View attachment 439683

View attachment 439684

View attachment 439685

View attachment 439686

Awesome, DJ! Love the sequel shelf!

Looks pretty cool. Been considering this for a while since you can get that credit from BBTS. No Finn?

I would love a Finn, but the TFA sculpt has just never really worked for me. I'm hoping we'll see an improved version from Ep IX, but I know that's a long shot with how poorly the last one clearly sold.

Back