1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Captain Phasma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like that part might have been too coincidental that they happen to run into that same guy, but still maybe better than what happened with Phasma. In general I think holding someone at gun point and making them do something on a computer is not the most dramatic scenario. In ROTJ they're attempting to storm the bunker and blow up the shield generator that way, in ESB the empire is coming in with walkers to blow up the shield, etc. Oh well, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I'm probably one of the few that don't believe Phasma ended in a compactor. If so, why not show it. It wasn't even a deleted scene.

As far as Finn and Phasma dueling, not sure about that, didn't Gwen say in an interview that the Phasma armor was heavier that a normal troopers and that she can barely walk in it.. If you pay attention in the film when Phasma walked it was loud and clanking .

We also don't know if the riot trooper armor was specially designed for that fight scene because that stunt man looked like he knew martial arts. So we can't assume Phasma's armor could've moved like the riot trooper.

Star Wars is a universe of coincidences (which is not a criticism from me). Just the will of the Force, right? :wink1:

That is very true. I guess it's one of those scenarios where I felt there needed to be a bit more resistance. The scenario you have still doesn't give Han and company an obstacle, that's one of the critiques with the Phasma scene, that she rolled over or whatever. There were a couple moments like that in TFA though. When Rey first comes across BB-8 all she has to do is cut it from a net and Teedo just barks at her and then moves on.

I'm probably one of the few that don't believe Phasma ended in a compactor. If so, why not show it. It wasn't even a deleted scene.

As far as Finn and Phasma dueling, not sure about that, didn't Gwen say in an interview that the Phasma armor was heavier that a normal troopers and that she can barely walk in it.. If you pay attention in the film when Phasma walked it was loud and clanking .

We also don't know if the riot trooper armor was specially designed for that fight scene because that stunt man looked like he knew martial arts. So we can't assume Phasma's armor could've moved like the riot trooper.

It would be so awesome if that actually played into the story at some point. Maybe a scene where she gets shot, maybe she'd feel the impact and react to it, and then continue advancing, kind of like a Terminator.

Seems like your Captain Phasma Helmet is not Black above the Visor. Can you confirm that? Maybe the new batch has a toned down weathering?

Seems like your Captain Phasma Helmet is not Black above the Visor. Can you confirm that? Maybe the new batch has a toned down weathering?

It is but its not as noticeable as some of the other pictures I've seen. That's the first thing I was looking for when opening the box yesterday. I still may go over it with a little silver though.

I'm infatuated with her. tmp_19886-IMG_20160812_013057-1905692121.jpg

I'm infatuated with her. View attachment 285247

Great pose and shot Rudimus.

A quick and easy futz it to remove the feet and leg armor, then pull down the body suit so the knee armor actually sits over her knees. The knee armor is attached with velcro so you can place them so they sit better over the knees. That was one of the first things I noticed when I unboxed her.

Has anyone tried water treatment on the cape? It's a very strange material choice and doesn't drape well. The wire helps but it also makes an already stiff material somewhat tough to lay right.

Great pose and shot Rudimus.

A quick and easy futz it to remove the feet and leg armor, then pull down the body suit so the knee armor actually sits over her knees. The knee armor is attached with velcro so you can place them so they sit better over the knees. That was one of the first things I noticed when I unboxed her.

Has anyone tried water treatment on the cape? It's a very strange material choice and doesn't drape well. The wire helps but it also makes an already stiff material somewhat tough to lay right.

Thanks for the compliment and tips! I did mess with the velcro and managed to have both kneepads need to be reglued as the velcro had a very strong bond lol. I'll give repositioning the body suit a try though since the knees still do ride too high.

Once I get a TFA detolf up and running I'll have to seriously consider this figure if I can find it for a good price. Really does look remarkable. Nothing like shiny toys.

So what exactly are the problems in articulation, looks like she can pose well :dunno

She probably is more limited than even a regular FO stormtrooper, but her arms do have a ratchet system and have the ability to bend inwards or outwards at the elbow which helps her. Wondering if anybody could upload her instruction sheet? Mine were missing & I'm curious if there was any limits that shouldn't be exceeded with posing.

I like the subtle differences in the display stands on these... Congrats to everyone enjoying their phasmas, she rocks for sure

Back