1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Captain Phasma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine came today and wow the articulation is terrible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Considering she pretty much clanked around in the film like a tin can, I wasn't expecting much in articulation from the figure :slap

Is she a smudge magnet, must be fingerprint nightmare :thud:

Considering she pretty much clanked around in the film like a tin can, I wasn't expecting much in articulation from the figure :slap

Is she a smudge magnet, must be fingerprint nightmare :thud:

No problem with fingerprints, and she's looks quite cool looking on the shelf with Kylo and a FO Trooper, but she's really limited on poses. You can try to bend her arms, but i would never leave them that way with the rubber suit they used.

No problem with fingerprints, and she's looks quite cool looking on the shelf with Kylo and a FO Trooper, but she's really limited on poses. You can try to bend her arms, but i would never leave them that way with the rubber suit they used.

so they didn't use a chrome design?

I really hope they redeem her in the EP VIII, if there was ever a character I walked out of EP VII scratching my head about was her.. I kept thinking..Why..Why hype up a character that was pretty much useless in the film :gah:

I really hope they redeem her in the EP VIII, if there was ever a character I walked out of EP VII scratching my head about was her.. I kept thinking..Why..Why hype up a character that was pretty much useless in the film :gah:

She'll apparently make up for it in the next film.

Yeah. Even though she didn't get a lot of screen time, I thought her costume was awesome. Pretty much why I got the figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phasma was never meant to be a major character in Episode VII. She was a late addition. JJ Abrams saw a concept drawing for the Stormtroopers that was all chrome and liked it, so he shoehorned it into the script. I think most, if not all of the hype leading up to the film was pretty much from the fans.

That being said, I do think she is a cool looking character and wish she would have been treated better in the movie. I am trying to stay away from Episode VIII spoilers, but they say she will have an expanded role. We shall see.

Phasma was never meant to be a major character in Episode VII. She was a late addition. JJ Abrams saw a concept drawing for the Stormtroopers that was all chrome and liked it, so he shoehorned it into the script. I think most, if not all of the hype leading up to the film was pretty much from the fans.

That being said, I do think she is a cool looking character and wish she would have been treated better in the movie. I am trying to stay away from Episode VIII spoilers, but they say she will have an expanded role. We shall see.

There are better ways to shoehorn a character into the script than what they did. If you have plans to keep her around you might not want to make her the butt of a joke by throwing her in a trash compacter shortly before the planet blows up. Just a poor set-up for a villain. Here's hoping they fix that.

As far as the figure goes, she really does look fantastic with Ren and a Stormtrooper.

Thanks solo! I really like this phasma figure, she looks great....all I need now is one of pixel pipers first order banners and I'll be all set

I don't think I posted this here.

20160716_204518_zpsxyzymnlw.jpg

There are better ways to shoehorn a character into the script than what they did. If you have plans to keep her around you might not want to make her the butt of a joke by throwing her in a trash compacter shortly before the planet blows up. Just a poor set-up for a villain. Here's hoping they fix that.

As far as the figure goes, she really does look fantastic with Ren and a Stormtrooper.

Oh, I 100% agree. I was just pointing out that she was a late addition.

Oh, I 100% agree. I was just pointing out that she was a late addition.

:duff Didn't mean to direct that at you. More slight annoyance at the filmmakers. I guess anytime you're shoehorning anything into a film it's likely to not come out perfectly. Do you know if shooting had already started when they added her? I always wondered about her absence in Takodana. In general she's in so few scenes that she could have been added in reshoots for all I know.

I think what bothered me more was all the merchandising hype they focused around her for whatever reason if Abrams did squeeze her in at the last minute, then the manufacturers didn't get the memo that she was barely going to be a factor in the film.

I understand they did the same with Boba Fett but that was after the movie was originally released, now granted the difference between the 70s rule of merchandising is far different than now but still.

As far as the figure is concerned, she does photograph well, but I think I'll wait for the EP VIII version, I just have a feeling it will be produced:lecture

Should be getting mine today. :)

Were I part of the project, I would've suggested for Phasma to duel Finn instead of or after F2-2199. Then as she's about to kill him, she'd be shot and wounded like 2199 was. I think being taken out of commission by Han Solo would be acceptable.

Then I would've replaced her role in the Starkiller Base shield scene with the officer Kylo Ren force choked, revealed to be alive and back on duty but beaten up. He'd willingly take the shields down as long as he gets a ride out of there.

:duff Didn't mean to direct that at you. More slight annoyance at the filmmakers. I guess anytime you're shoehorning anything into a film it's likely to not come out perfectly. Do you know if shooting had already started when they added her? I always wondered about her absence in Takodana. In general she's in so few scenes that she could have been added in reshoots for all I know.

It's all good. I do not know when they decided to add Phasma, just remember reading an article where JJ talked about seeing the chrome trooper and liking it. The name "Phasma" came from the fact that it reminded him of the metal ball in the movie "Phantasm".

I think what bothered me more was all the merchandising hype they focused around her for whatever reason if Abrams did squeeze her in at the last minute, then the manufacturers didn't get the memo that she was barely going to be a factor in the film.

I understand they did the same with Boba Fett but that was after the movie was originally released, now granted the difference between the 70s rule of merchandising is far different than now but still.

As far as the figure is concerned, she does photograph well, but I think I'll wait for the EP VIII version, I just have a feeling it will be produced:lecture

Everything is about merchandising these days, especially Star Wars, and Phasma is infinitely marketable. Same with BB8. He was specifically designed to be cute and marketable. As for an Episode VIII version, I agree that one will be produced, but I'm not looking forward to buying her again. I suspect we will get to see her without her helmet, though, which would be awesome.

Were I part of the project, I would've suggested for Phasma to duel Finn instead of or after F2-2199. Then as she's about to kill him, she'd be shot and wounded like 2199 was. I think being taken out of commission by Han Solo would be acceptable.

Then I would've replaced her role in the Starkiller Base shield scene with the officer Kylo Ren force choked, revealed to be alive and back on duty but beaten up. He'd willingly take the shields down as long as he gets a ride out of there.

This would have been much better and actually would have made sense from a story point of view. Unfortunately, JJ Abrams has shown that he is not terribly good at putting together a cohesive narrative. He's great at flash, not so good at substance.

:rock Which FO trooper is your favorite, TRDNiteLife? I recently decided to order the Jakku trooper in place of the regular stormtrooper.

I have an inexplicable draw to the Flametrooper. Love the look. I picked up a baton and shield for my regular trooper (the tell is the trigger finger hand holding the baton). :wink1: I'm too cheap to buy the actual hand from T.A. I used to have the other Snowtrooper and Heavy Gunner. I traded them off as I felt this display was sufficient.

I feel like that part might have been too coincidental that they happen to run into that same guy, but still maybe better than what happened with Phasma. In general I think holding someone at gun point and making them do something on a computer is not the most dramatic scenario. In ROTJ they're attempting to storm the bunker and blow up the shield generator that way, in ESB the empire is coming in with walkers to blow up the shield, etc. Oh well, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I feel like that part might have been too coincidental that they happen to run into that same guy, but still maybe better than what happened with Phasma. In general I think holding someone at gun point and making them do something on a computer is not the most dramatic scenario. In ROTJ they're attempting to storm the bunker and blow up the shield generator that way, in ESB the empire is coming in with walkers to blow up the shield, etc. Oh well, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Star Wars is a universe of coincidences (which is not a criticism from me). Just the will of the Force, right? :wink1:

Back