1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Captain Phasma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there is something to the speculation that the good guys might come with spoilery goodies, though I suppose HT could simply not show them or blur them out (like how they haven't revealed the backdrop for the Princess Leia exclusive). I imagine Disney is keeping everything on a super tight leash, regardless.

For the most part the reveals have been Troopers of some variation other than Kylo. Nothing overly special and likely figures that Hot Toys can produce fairly quickly. I don't think there's much more to it than that. We all know there's going to be Troopers in a Star Wars film and they're probably easier than a lot of characters to mass produce.

It makes more sense to save the main characters and capitalize on putting them up closer to the film's release but at least this way Hot Toys has had some figures that have been able to be revealed up to the film's release rather than nothing. The only figures I think Disney has a tighter leash on is the Original Trilogy cast figures. We've seen the new characters in other figure form already so I doubt they're being held off for any specific reason other than Hot Toys wanting them out with the new film.

I think there is something to the speculation that the good guys might come with spoilery goodies, though I suppose HT could simply not show them or blur them out (like how they haven't revealed the backdrop for the Princess Leia exclusive). I imagine Disney is keeping everything on a super tight leash, regardless.

It's not just Hot Toys. Figuarts have only shown Kylo, Phasma, Trooper, Gunner and Riot Control Trooper.

We've barely seen much of the human characters in the previews yet, so I imagine they are waiting for the films release to preview those figures.

I gather Finn in Stormtroper disguise will bw their next release before they get onto the other characters.

Hope people don't mind seeing some more shots from Secret Base.

22452185587_f247a53138_b_d.jpg

22870700915_31be15bbb1_b_d.jpg

22249606833_b6a7740336_b_d.jpg

22870799985_08bc7db590_b_d.jpg

PO'd heavy gunner stormtrooper, tie pilot & snowtrooper. Think that'll do it for me for TFA budget-wise. Phasma seems a bit too fanboy's fantasy custom design and flametrooper is treading into G.I. Joe territory.

Oh I like this but I wonder how the armor is done. I doubt they would use something as low end as Vac metalization, but I could be wrong. If they do, it's integrity is not going to live long.

As awesome as the figure looks, I have to admit I'm questioning whether I'll still want it by the time it's finally released around July. Especially after hearing from Abrams this week how she's not really in much of the movie at all...

As awesome as the figure looks, I have to admit I'm questioning whether I'll still want it by the time it's finally released around July. Especially after hearing from Abrams this week how she's not really in much of the movie at all...

Does this mean she doesn't die in this one..?

Looks amazing in that video, honestly as nice as the troopers look, this is the one I can't wait for. Really excited to see some of the human appearing core cast as well.

You mean like Boba Fett in Empire? :)

Back