1/6 Hot Toys MMS: Spider-Man: Homecoming - The Vulture - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SPECTULATION: Hot Toys MMS: Spider-Man: Homecoming - The Vulture - Collectible Fi

Somehow I can't picture "Old man in bird pajamas" doing much better than this version.

I disagree. This movie version looks like unrelated crap. Like the garbage rhino from the previous Spiderman movie.

SPECTULATION: Hot Toys MMS: Spider-Man: Homecoming - The Vulture - Collectible Figure

I disagree. This movie version looks like unrelated crap. Like the garbage rhino from the previous Spiderman movie.

I'm okay with it, just the huge wings is kinda overkill for me.

If we do get a figure, I'll have it displayed with the wings off and with the , hopefully comes with, a Keaton sculpt. I'm happy they kept the fur collar tho :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: SPECTULATION: Hot Toys MMS: Spider-Man: Homecoming - The Vulture - Collectible Fi

I disagree. This movie version looks like unrelated crap.

It looks unrelated because somebody realized Vulture's comic book outfit would look incredibly stupid in real life. I know fans get angry over anyone deviating from the source material but Vulture's classic look was way too silly to ever end up onscreen. It'd be like someone being mad Yellowjacket in the Ant-Man movie didn't run around in yellow spandex with big shoulder wings.

EDIT: And I'm sure someone here is gonna come in and say Spider-Man/Deadpool/Iron Man/Black Panther/Thor/Vision/Whoever proves you can take any costume straight off the page and make it look great, but all those prove is that well-designed costumes can look great in live action.

I'd buy this in a heartbeat, however, there's no way they'll make it. They'll show a prototype at SDCC and it will never come out, just like all the other villains. Then they'll release 54 new teapot stormtroopers.

I don't know, I didn't like New Goblin's look or Electro's or even The Rhino's. The Lizard felt like it could have been great but went left. This feels right, given that Iron Man is the nexus for the MCU and involved with so much tech, it feels like something that would naturally come to pass. Toss in "The Tinkerer" and the idea that he is repurposing existing tech for villains and it makes even more sense given Tony's involvement. All villains shouldn't look like they could take part in an Iron Man film but given the base original design, something new had to come.

We've seen similar takes on his tech in the comics:

The Prowler used something very similar in Miles' book which I know he isn't the Vulture there but the design looks to be at least inspired from
Prowler_Wings.jpg

and of course the retooling of Adrian's stuff
hyejruqm3r5tevehbaus.jpg

I'm good with it. Now hopefully the wings can fold up (although doubtful) and hopefully we can get a good Keaton sculpt out of it but if HT makes it it'll be something really special.

I really like the Vulture design but the wings do seem unnecessarily big. A little bigger than Falcon wings would have sufficed.

LOL
4cb4613117621a6f97f0d0c02d52a6aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my most hyped figure.

Vulture001.jpg~original

Vulture002.jpg~original

Want this whole set, with the Gantry base. What a great display this would be. HT lives for this kind of stuff, how can they pass this up? I could see them offering this as a deluxe for 320-350 maybe.

Vulture2.jpg~original

If they did make Vulture, I'd reconsider passing on the homemade suit to recreate this scene.

Vulture3.jpg~original

It would be cool if they made the turbines light up like this. Also in the new trailer, when he grabs Spider-man, the 'vulture' sound effects seem like they're coming directly from the turbines themselves. Thats a cool idea

I don't see them making this if Vulture winds up dead like nearly all MCU villains do.

They'll make vulture. Display him and then you'll never see him again.

I wanna know how the vulture can even hold his self up with that monster wings on his back, that looks heavy as ****

Maybe because it's fiction?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I wanna know how the vulture can even hold his self up with that monster wings on his back, that looks heavy as ****

They have a bunch of wind dynamic crap on them it's not to hard to believe lol

Hes got talons that grip into the ground so he doesn't fall over :lol

I was just thinking Hot Toys should make those turbines actually spin automatically, just like they did with the 1/12 'The Bat' from TDKR

You know - if Sony had kicked this design out at any point, people would be dogging the crap out of it for not being enough like the comics. But because this one is blessed by the MCU it's perfectly fine. This could be anyone in a suit with mechanical wings, same complaints that were made about the Rami Goblin.

I'm glad comic fans don't decide these things.

his comic look is derpy as ****.

You know - if Sony had kicked this design out at any point, people would be dogging the crap out of it for not being enough like the comics. But because this one is blessed by the MCU it's perfectly fine. This could be anyone in a suit with mechanical wings, same complaints that were made about the Rami Goblin.

They get the benefit of the doubt because they've done so much good.. not to mention it actually looks cool.

Sony made some crappy design choices for there villains . Raimi is fine but the amazing Spider-Man... just no.

Back