Hot Toys MMS - Shazam! - Shazam Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ij8X8iw.jpg

I guess it's safe to say this will never gonna happen. Cyborged. Maybe we will be more lucky next time with Shazam 2.

Really thought this would happen but it seems not. Probably hold it back for the sequel now.

I don't think there's much chance of this being released... as others have said, HT will probably just wait for the next movie.

Yup it was obvious from the start . DC get no love . So will they do that with Black Adam as well?

Shame they would be great together.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yup it was obvious from the start . DC get no love . So will they do that with Black Adam as well?

Shame they would be great together.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Given the profile of the actor playing Black Adam it would be remarkable if HT weren't all over that but I suppose we should take nothing for granted anymore.

Nah. Black Adam will probably be a big hit at the box office and give them motivation to actually make a figure from it.

But didn't Shazam do well at the box office?

It did okay relative to its budget, but by superhero standards, it did extremely low. It only made 364 million, and apparently did especially poorly overseas, which may be another reason for Hot Toys' apparent lack of interest.

Of course, it still did way better than Hellboy, but that figure is still happening for some reason...

I don't think box office dictates what HT does or doesn't make. Aquaman made a ton and the line only has one figure. Alita had a low number in the US but she was hugely popular in China. Hellboy was generally disliked by everyone but he is still getting a figure made. Black Panther did the same as Aquman and has 3 more figures in the line.

I don't think box office dictates what HT does or doesn't make.

In this case I think it does, though, because it points to an overall devaluing of the brand. People on here frequently point out the supposed favoritism towards Marvel, but the reality is Marvel is a much stronger and more consistently popular brand, and I imagine that contributes to the willingness to make a bunch of stuff from it. DC's track record has been hit or miss in recent years, with several high profile instances of movies that either underperformed, got really crappy reviews, or both, and I think that's contributed to HT's overall decline in interest with this franchise. You even pointed out their lack of interest in doing more stuff for Aquaman despite the huge success of that movie, and pretty much the same thing happened with Wonder Woman too. Despite positive reviews and a great box office haul, no Steve Trevor, no Ares, none of the other Amazons...

We never even got the full Suicide Squad, though I blame Hot Toys on that for going all in on those stupid Joker variants (I'm guessing back when people thought Leto's Joker was gonna be really popular....you know what they say about hindsight being 2020 :lol).

Back