Hot Toys MMS - Shazam! - Shazam Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just because they show it doesn't mean they'll make it.

That's definitely true. They showed off a 1:6 TIE Fighter, the Millennium Falcon cockpit, 1966 Batmobile, Yellowjacket, The Vulture, etc. There is a long list of things produced by HT, shown off at shows even that never make it to production.

Rewatched Shazam this past weekend. Such a fun movie. While I've been hoping HT would produce the whole Family, given the lower than expected box office we'll be lucky to just get Shazam. Maybe one of the KO companies will produce H+Cs for the others.

I'm actually surprised we haven't seen a knock-off company tackle any of them. It seems like something that someone would have hit up.

we are living in a world where a shazam figure is yet to be show.

yet there is already 4 figure from dark pheonix (everybody's super hero film this year)

H86eI15.jpg

we are living in a world where a shazam figure is yet to be show.

yet there is already 4 figure from dark pheonix (everybody's super hero film this year)

H86eI15.jpg
Well hey not to knock it but those x men figures look dam good.

I am thinking the delay is caused by the actor not approving the Sculpt. I just wish they would not even tease anything until they are certain it can make it in to production. They will probably drop 2 figures that they showcase at these shows. What last year it was valerian we year before was cyborg, the year before that was yellow jacket.

Hot Toys I dont want to see it if you cant make it. Save yourself the trouble

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The actors don't get a choice these days. When they sign up for a Marvel or DC franchise the image rights for merchandise are part of that.

I still expect we'll get this figure even if it's not at SDCC. Unlike Cyborg there are no major production costs. They can just use the Superman body with a few tweaks, similar suit material to. Only really original part would be the portrait.

I could see the glowing lightning chest being "complex", but other than that he should be a basic figure.

The actors don't get a choice these days. When they sign up for a Marvel or DC franchise the image rights for merchandise are part of that.

Yes and No. They still have the right to approve their likenesses. So while they sign away toy companies doing them, they still can approve the actual look. They can’t turn it down but they can demand resculpts until they get one they approve.

Is SDCC the last straw? If they don't debut him then will it be a lost hope to want this doll?

No, could certainly still be announced between Sand Diego and NYCC. Everyone is just making assumptions at this stage.

Is SDCC the last straw? If they don't debut him then will it be a lost hope to want this doll?

Not the last straw but a pretty damning strike if he isn't there. They haven't so far shown anything previewed in this way: Lebowski Thor, Smart Hulk, etc yet. So I wouldn't lose hope yet.

Back