Hot Toys - MMS - MOS: General Zod

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - MOS: General Zod (Tease)

There's so many ways to feature Zod's head sculpt!

Helmet off, with helmet on, helmet on with transparent visor, helmet off with glowing eyes. What's he going to come with :panic:

:panic: :panic:

Give me glowing eyes, and he's sold! :lecture

Nope you are not. Stamp was ok, but there was something very mustache-twirling and Mwa-hahahahaha! about Stamp's Zod; I want to say he was trying too hard.

As far as visual impact there is no comparison. You got one Zod smirking in the Oval Office, and the second one is throwing pick-up trucks right through Ma Kent's abode. I know which one I find most fun to watch; that is just me.

Not really. What you just said is that the only reason people care about The Joker is because Heath Ledger. Joker and Zod were there before either actor, and they have endured despite neither continuing the role. I get you prefer Stamp to Shannon. I don't personally. But hey to each his own. But Zod didn't need Stamp in the same way Superman did not need Reeve.

Not quite right surely. The reason everyone cared about the Joker was actually because he had already appeared on film played brilliantly by Jack Nicholson, and Heath (though equally brilliant but in a totally different direction) was still an unknown quantity at the time.

The comparison stands, if Mr. Stamp had not played Zod all those years ago, only and handful of people (relatively speaking) would know who the hell he was.

That aside, I am in for this and with no doubts or hesitation. We need ZOD...BOTH versions.

Nope you are not. Stamp was ok, but there was something very mustache-twirling and Mwa-hahahahaha! about Stamp's Zod; I want to say he was trying too hard.

As far as visual impact there is no comparison. You got one Zod smirking in the Oval Office, and the second one is throwing pick-up trucks right through Ma Kent's abode. I know which one I find most fun to watch; that is just me.

You're not. I love the original Superman movies, but other Superman himself, I can't imagine owning another figure from those movies.

while i enjoyed T.S performance those movies are very dated and i welcome new takes on characters. but i do prefer the Mos Zod Imo

No want glowing eyes. Don't use light up gimmicks.

Just give me an angry sculpt please HT.

Give me a bent neck pls HT

If we get a angry sculpt im sure Dean will do one .

No want glowing eyes. Don't use light up gimmicks.

Just give me an angry sculpt please HT.

How about PERS?

tumblr_md05hzgJDj1qbvaudo1_500.gif

Really hope they give us the helmet on the side or different sculpts for it.

This is one figure they can milk.

Cool!
ZOD in Earth battle armor!
Even if its a picture from the final showdown hope he will have his cape and his full helmet (or a second Helmeted HS) like they did for the green goblin.

I prefer an intense look like these
Michael-Shannon-as-Genera-008.jpg

man-of-steel-zod1.jpg

To him grining, even if i like it too, HT doesnt have a good track record of these (god the comedian ^^)
General_Zod_Man_of_Steel.jpg

Cool!
ZOD in Earth battle armor!
Even if its a picture from the final showdown hope he will have his cape and his full helmet (or a second Helmeted HS) like they did for the green goblin.

I prefer an intense look like these
Michael-Shannon-as-Genera-008.jpg

man-of-steel-zod1.jpg

To him grining, even if i like it too, HT doesnt have a good track record of these (god the comedian ^^)
General_Zod_Man_of_Steel.jpg

I like the expression in the second pic the most. Close his mouth and that's the sculpt I'd want.

I like Michael Shannon as an actor.. but he didn't work as Zod for me to be honest - except for maybe near the end of the film where he completely lost his temper. :lol

I like Michael Shannon as an actor.. but he didn't work as Zod for me to be honest - except for maybe near the end of the film where he completely lost his temper. :lol

His normal speaking lines seemed a little wooden...or, like he was in a stage play. When he had to be pissed or emotional though...Damn, did he deliver.

Puny, village people, disco v-neck Zod yaaaaaawwwwwwwn. Give me, no blinking, battle armored, genocidal killer, family frying Zod anyday.:thud:

THIS ZOD:

warren-manser-Man-of-steel-Zod-Sample.png

The idea of a really angry one is intriguing, but there's a lot of potential for things to go wrong with the sculpt.

Puny, village people, disco v-neck Zod yaaaaaawwwwwwwn

OOooOOOoOOooo... you done gone and done it now, for sure. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back