Hot Toys - MMS - MOS: General Zod

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting this, he was awesome in the movie.

It's looking good so far. Could use a little tweaking to truly shine...

That being said, the angry expression is ripe for hilarious photo set ups.

Hot toys are not getting any head sculpts with teeth showing right...if they still can't nail it,just leave a closed mouth look.

Still a definate purchase (maybe two), but I am disappointed with HT choice of expression. A neutral or stern expression would have been better IMO.

As others have already mentioned it looks like a caricature of Shannon. Up close it looks OK at best. I do wish HT would include two headsculpts like they have done in the past, especially when the figure is stuck with a goofy looking headsculpt, and with their ever increasing price point.

I applaud them for effort *and* execution, but with a mouth open sculpt its not very versatile.
I can't imagine I will be buying this one.
It's not like he can be posed next to superman in any neutral pose depicting them chatting on the Black Zero.

Though I will get this as we are Superman fans, this is not as good as I was hoping for. HT never seem to do 'toothy' sculpts very well. Remember the uproar about the Avengers Cap:A alternative sculpt?

Whilst I place myself in the 'should be much better in hand than in macro photos' camp, I wonder if the delay had something to do with the less than stellar sculpt? Michael Shannon has a very unique and idiosyncratic set of features and can look stern without having to do very much. So a more 'controlled fury' neutral face would have been less limiting in terms of posing.

That, or two heads, because this limits us to him going bat****crazy and nothing else, and I personally prefer the 'controlled fury' aspect of the character over bat****crazy, I think he is more menacing that way too.

That first pic hmm I duno. The sculpt looks way better up close the far away

I'm still getting it. Yes. I agree the pictures don't make it look that great but the wolverine sculpt looked better in hand than it did initially in pics so I have high hopes for this one.

So I am assuming that the cape as a wire in it. so the only way for them to make an aggressive face is to have is mouth open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back