1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given it's a simple fig with a lightweight plastic accessory, this should have been a $210 release. And given that sand and Jawas are a classic combo, they really should have gone the extra mile and done sculpted hard plastic stand toppers (along the lines of the sandtrooper base.)

A lower $210 pricepoint coupled with "real" stands would have raised this release a lot.

And they really should have released a Jawa two-pack (toss in the other type of Jawa rifle for the second fig) at the same time for maybe $230. Three Jawas (with slightly different looks) plus a gonk with four quality stands for just under $450 all up would have been awesome.

Yeah I'm in on the Rustyj Gonk. I do disagree also on ESB Yoda, $200 retail but you got 2 heads and the base w// floaty rocks. I'm not nearly as bothered by the lamp as everyone else apparently lol, I never noticed it before.

In comparison for the AotC Yoda you only get 1 head and no dio base for $10 less.

I assume Rusty's gonk got a bit delayed due to Jas's medical workload in the UK (Jas was doing the prints/casts) but Rusty said he'll be updating his gonk thread in the next day or so.

For those that are interested (and those with moderate customizing skills,) there does look like a way to add a ball joint to the legs so they can move like the HT legs do.

To me they are just night and day different in terms of screen accuracy - I cringe every time I see those two bumps with "chain" on the side of the HT gonk vs Rusty's with the 100% screen accurate details, and the HT feet sculpts are so inaccurate compared to the sandcrawler gonk from ANH.

So they show two Jawas but only release one? Seriously, for $250+ they couldn?t throw in one more. I may get it for the Gonk droid and to have an extra to go with the SS Jawas, but in no hurry.

Why couldn?t they include a simple add on sand attachment like the Rey/BB8 set. Where Hot Toys, where does this massive cost for this figure set come in? Oh it?s a newly engineered body for the Jawa? Got it. Please explain how a figure like Alita, way more complex of a new body for less.

Those plastic sand bases are shown on the pre-order image. Does it really not come with them?

It does, but I seem to recall (and maybe this is where the disconnect is coming from) HT originally at SDCC last year showed them as add-on hard plastic sand landscape pieces like on the Rey/BB base.

They appear to have changed those into a "cover" that is paper-thin vacuformed plastic, almost like the same plastic as the clamshell packaging, that fits over the entire stand.

the guy in the vid review mentioned he thought they were like "paper" and likened them to the card/plastic flat add-ons you see on more recent HT rectangle bases like Luke Jedi and mentioned "cost-cutting."

Ah okay, I went back and watched the video after posting the comment. Does look cheap, would have been nice if those were like the TFA snow add-ons that came with Han and Chewie. Thought they were the same mold TBH.

13a366dbb0d4b2cee228663ab4bf0fd7.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

WTF happened with the eye colour. Looks like it's one LED rather than two.

It's dreadful lighting in the review video. It needs to be lit properly. Other than the slightly off eye colour, I'm looking forward to it.
Squinty eyes look pretty accurate and this is a nice balance between the rounder versions we see elsewhere.

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 2.48.33 pm.jpg

Ah okay, I went back and watched the video after posting the comment. Does look cheap, would have been nice if those were like the TFA snow add-ons that came with Han and Chewie. Thought they were the same mold TBH.

They were. They took a hard plastic snow base add-on from that Han/Chewy set, placed it onto a hex stand and pulled a vacuform mold of the add-on + stand.

You end up with less sculpt-detail version of the add-on in paper-thin plastic that fits like a sleeve over the stand. The new base's paint is kind of weak too.

To me they are just night and day different in terms of screen accuracy - I cringe every time I see those two bumps with "chain" on the side of the HT gonk vs Rusty's with the 100% screen accurate details, and the HT feet sculpts are so inaccurate compared to the sandcrawler gonk from ANH.

The kid in the Yankees hat says it's screen accurate, not sure who to believe now :dunno

The kid in the Yankees hat says it's screen accurate, not sure who to believe now :dunno

His little brother's just adorable, though it's a bit troubling when he's allowed to quietly disappear with half of the $300 1/6 set while everyone else is distracted by the reviewing. :horror:rotfl

This thing is $460 AUD, which is gobsmackingly insane. 2 Jawas and a Gonk and I would have bitten but i can not in any way justify that price for what you get.

$750 AUD for the Leia Endor/Wicket two-pack makes this two-pack look like it's on clearance though. One flew over the gobsmackingly insane if you will.

Local retailers putting a bit of an extra cushion around future pricing due to how badly the aussie dollar has tanked in recent months has certainly had a lot to do with that, I think. Trying to import instead is even worse from most places, even before the virus hit. Gonna be a rough ride going forward even for the collectors who are still in a position to still be able to collect.

Pricing concerns aside, I like the fact that Hot Toys are giving us characters that were first released as part of the Kenner line. I hope they one day give us a DSC, C3PO and Tusken so I can pair them with the original first 12.

As much as I want the Jawa, the two pack is just too expensive for what you get.....two jawas and a gonk = I would have done it.

Prices are crazy. that's not new...

Pricing concerns aside, I like the fact that Hot Toys are giving us characters that were first released as part of the Kenner line. I hope they one day give us a DSC, C3PO and Tusken so I can pair them with the original first 12.

HT already did - they gave us the DSC in 2016, and the C3PO in 2017.

It's just... they took them back.:lol

Back