1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously, it wouldn't surprise me. The ones people sleep on end up being ridiculous on eBay.

I have a feeling that the wave of figures released through the COVID period will have lower production numbers. I guess we shall see.

Looking at that review, it sure looks like this set puts the "toy" into "Hot Toys". Just looks a bit on the cheap side, especially with the price.

We'll see how they shape up with more reviews and photos...

Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

I have a feeling that the wave of figures released through the COVID period will have lower production numbers. I guess we shall see.

Same. I know I would have normally preordered two Mudtroopers and a deluxe Han Solo, but I will probably just cut that down to a single Mudtrooper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thing is $460 AUD, which is gobsmackingly insane. 2 Jawas and a Gonk and I would have bitten but i can not in any way justify that price for what you get.

Wait what? That's about $422 CAD before shipping and possible import fees.

I take back what I said about this actually looking nicer in that review. Not $422+ nicer. :rotfl

The robe looks very stiff... the SSC robes might not have the right weave, but they do drape well...
Not my photo
975cda35b2250151ab66e7af54e9455b.jpg

Yesterday I PM'd Rusty and posted in his thread for the custom Gonk droid.

After seeing that one, its a no-brainer for me. I'll just have to paint it which shouldn't be a problem.

The Jawa looks bad in the pic posted above by slikkerias. I am now looking at my SS ones in a new appreciative light...

Yup I'm really fond of my SS Jawas, at least after making a few mods here and there. Although I gotta say, as disappointing as these HT ones have been... I still won't hesitate at all to preorder the Mando Jawas if they get made, as I'm just dying to have those in my SW collection now. :D

Yup I'm really fond of my SS Jawas, at least after making a few mods here and there. Although I gotta say, as disappointing as these HT ones have been... I still won't hesitate at all to preorder the Mando Jawas if they get made, as I'm just dying to have those in my SW collection now.[\b] :D

Your Jawa with Buboicullaar shot along with the Mandalorian Ep.2 inspired me to shorten up one of mine. Those stand covers remind me of my reaction to the Interrogation Droid stand that came with ANH Vader.

Your Jawa with Buboicullaar shot along with the Mandalorian Ep.2 inspired me to shorten up one of mine. Those stand covers remind me of my reaction to the Interrogation Droid stand that came with ANH Vader.

Ha yeah. I almost threw that away as a disposable plastic packaging piece.

These stand covers look like one false move and they can be flattened.

Need to be careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL! Yeah they like to tease. I'm sure we'll see a C3PO down the line. DSC, I'm not so sure about anymore.

Sadly, Hot Toys probably didn't think people would preorder a fig with a basic set of clothes, helmet and single gun for $275. Wait 2 more years or less and they will. $250 is almost the starting price now, with some exceptions.

I know these are crappy pictures that some random dude took, but still... I would need to pay 300 euros for this in Europe. Hopefully a bit better in hand, but... That?s really not ok.
I?d rather get another set of the SSC ones than this... nothing looks better to me. Not even the cloak, since it looks really stiff. ...is this what we can expect from now on when HT does background aliens?
...I?m usually not this negative. Sorry. I was just excited that HT was finally moving into this territory, and then this is what we get.
c5138960dc9e2d810d5db8ae6fcd73e8.jpg

daba50ac6c7677e50eaab50dd9f481b3.jpg

I don’t like to be negative, but I am embarrassed for Hot Toys with this one.

Either they’re banking on it selling just because it’s Star Wars, or they really didn’t care and are just making a small run to be done with it.

I think this is one of the most overpriced 1/6 figures ever. It shouldnt be more than 200.

I mean what the hell they are thinking? Pennywise is 267 and it comes with two headsculpts, tons of alternative hands, accessories and big sweet base.

I know these are crappy pictures that some random dude took, but still... I would need to pay 300 euros for this in Europe. Hopefully a bit better in hand, but... That?s really not ok.
I?d rather get another set of the SSC ones than this... nothing looks better to me. Not even the cloak, since it looks really stiff. ...is this what we can expect from now on when HT does background aliens?
...I?m usually not this negative. Sorry. I was just excited that HT was finally moving into this territory, and then this is what we get.
daba50ac6c7677e50eaab50dd9f481b3.jpg

I don’t like to be negative, but I am embarrassed for Hot Toys with this one.

Either they’re banking on it selling just because it’s Star Wars, or they really didn’t care and are just making a small run to be done with it.

I think this is one of the most overpriced 1/6 figures ever. It shouldnt be more than 200.

I mean what the hell they are thinking? Pennywise is 267 and it comes with two headsculpts, tons of alternative hands, accessories and big sweet base.

I'm with you guys. I'm normally Mr Positive on Hot Toys figures as well, but this is a very very average release.

It's like they originally priced it with 2 Jawas and a Gonk, then decided to supply only one Jawa, but kept the price the same.

I really hope they don't come away from this with the thinking OT aliens don't sell.

It?s scary there?s not one photo of this set that makes it look passable for an almost $300 set. Unfortunately, us all not buying this will definitely mean less alien background figures. Shame Sideshow won?t just recognize this should be their niche in the Star Wars 1/6 world.

Back