1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's my train of thought too, but then, you can say that for ShoreTrooper and Mimban Troopers so yea. I'll buy off world Jawas if they make. I want the Tusken Raider more though :)

What if the eventual hot toys tusken doesn?t match the color of the ss? Give everyone a few sleepless nights, lol.

Just watched Justin?s review. Still a hard pass for me for the price.

I'm guessing the hollow Gonk is due to them not wanting a lot of weight sitting on those bendy legs, so I can forgive them for that.

But the Jawa looks kinda cartoony and idealized to me. Is that black inner lining in the hood accurate? Looks odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if the eventual hot toys tusken doesn?t match the color of the ss? Give everyone a few sleepless nights, lol.

My thoughts as well. That's why I ended up getting a second Sideshow set of Jawas and signed up for the custom Gonk droid project.

It always bothered me how the sand bases looked like they never sat flush in the proto pics.
Now I know why. They are made out of an Oreo cookie package.

That's my train of thought too, but then, you can say that for ShoreTrooper and Mimban Troopers so yea. I'll buy off world Jawas if they make. I want the Tusken Raider more though :)

Yeah bring on the Tusken !!! I really hope the new Obi Wan script doesn't remove them !

There really are so many relatively simple aliens they could do. Even Greedo has very simple outfit and paint job.

Still I hope they learnt their lesson with the price here. Are people complaining about the price in FB groups too ? I haven't checked.

Yeah bring on the Tusken !!! I really hope the new Obi Wan script doesn't remove them !

There really are so many relatively simple aliens they could do. Even Greedo has very simple outfit and paint job.

Still I hope they learnt their lesson with the price here. Are people complaining about the price in FB groups too ? I haven't checked.

Yes, but I just got kicked from the OSR conversation because I dared say that I wondered why HT would use the wrong color robe, the wrong color eyes and the wrong blaster for a figure announced as an ANH figure... sometimes it?s like those groups are owned by HT.

Found on Facebook

9a5994201ea6b396cabd642980698172.jpg

Yeah, none of those are required with R5, which helps, but the issue of lower production does comes in compared to R2, where even the barebones TFA one was $220 -- but it did have lights, sound, and diecast. Hopefully the pair get made at all, that seems a bit in doubt after the reception of this Jawa. Though it seems likely to sell out quick anyhow given their production numbers lately.

With an R5 release, knowing HT they'd work in some exploding thing to recreate R5's scene to add to the price. I don't see a Jawa/R5 pack being less than $300.

I think I will make a ?mask? for the face, with thin strips of matte black gaffers, or book binding tape, and sculpt some tiny domes for the eyes and cover them with adhesive gold foil. The foil will reflect the lighting in my display cabinet which will be enough to sell the eyes as yellow and glowing, from my average viewing distance in the display case.

The greatest issue for me - the robe color... completely unacceptable :slap

Never have I seen a Jawa in any form that orange. Look at all the amazing custom ones - the coloring, texture, etc are so much more accurate.

The greatest issue for me - the robe color... completely unacceptable :slap

I'm seeing quite a few stills from the film and the set where the Jawa robes appear close to the color of the HT Jawa. Also, it seems like many of the Jawa action figures from different lines are a brownish-orange. I'm assuming they referenced the color from somewhere official.

I'm seeing quite a few stills from the film and the set where the Jawa robes appear close to the color of the HT Jawa. Also, it seems like many of the Jawa action figures from different lines are a brownish-orange. I'm assuming they referenced the color from somewhere official.

It's somewhat close to the color of the Kenner plastic cape Jawa but even Kenner themselves fixed that where the body and plastic cape was a bright orangish brown but then the revised figure had the correct dark brown cloth cape.

There are a few Jawa pics that have that orange color range but they tend to be washed out period pics where the color has been altered/faded - like a 1970s magazine where the color reproduction was poor. The ROTJ Jawa robes are a somewhat lighter color than the ANH robes though.

This robe color is even further from accurate to the Mando Jawas than ANH. Mando robes are as dark if not darker than ANH (not as red though) with a light dusting of white-yellow.

washed out period pics where the color has been altered/faded

Was just going to say this.

I always think the best source is to go back and check the movie. Strange, so many people here rely solely on google images instead of the actual source... or worse, they rely entirely on this site for reference.

It's somewhat close to the color of the Kenner plastic cape Jawa but even Kenner themselves fixed that where the body and plastic cape was a bright orangish brown but then the revised figure had the correct dark brown cloth cape.

There are a few Jawa pics that have that orange color range but they tend to be washed out period pics where the color has been altered/faded - like a 1970s magazine where the color reproduction was poor. The ROTJ Jawa robes are a somewhat lighter color than the ANH robes though.

This robe color is even further from accurate to the Mando Jawas than ANH. Mando robes are as dark if not darker than ANH (not as red though) with a light dusting of white-yellow.
Do you think the lighter colored Jawa photo is washed out though? Some stuff on screen isn't true to color either, I don't think anyone wants another discussion about Han's jacket...
c1630f1e9203e0cff4766bbb351536b4.jpg
230709124caf1d8b60e44ffb05e81eb5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Back