1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after 40+ years you're telling me that I should now believe the Jawas wore orange robes because HT did it?

Most people like the "look" as it appeared in the films... on any of their figures. The debate always rages on, but ultimately people want their doll to look like it did in the movie. Like Krennic "gray" cape. Even if the Jawa robes were orange on set -- which they weren't -- I doubt many people would want them that way. If so, we wouldn't be having this debate at all.

Damn straight. Blue coat for life :rock

Man I watched Justin's review, and aside from the light up feature being weak (HT should just kick light up **** to the curb all around), the whole figure looks so much better than the SS releases. Debate the color as you may. the cut. sew, and material looks MUCH better than SS. In the comparison shots SS looks like an old Hasbro release; if they'd have done this as a two pack I'd be interested.

Man I watched Justin's review, and aside from the light up feature being weak (HT should just kick light up **** to the curb all around), the whole figure looks so much better than the SS releases. Debate the color as you may. the cut. sew, and material looks MUCH better than SS. In the comparison shots SS looks like an old Hasbro release; if they'd have done this as a two pack I'd be interested.

I don?t think you have the sideshow ones... if you did you wouldn?t say that.

Minus the floppy bodies, the SS ones are great, fun little figures. This set is starting to grow on me with the better pics/video. Really should?ve been a two Jawa plus Gonk pack. I wouldn?t even mind the crappy bases if it were two Jawas instead of one. I feel like such a sucker ordering this set, but if it at least keeps Hot Toys interested in making more aliens and background characters, I?ll bite.

The review did do a comp with the Sideshow versions in pretty atrociously unfutzed condition, so I can see how someone would come away thinking the SSC Jawas are a disaster (which they are in a few ways.:lol)

I mean I really have never given my SSC Jawas their due (water treatment, doing a hard futz/crumple on the bandoliers/robes and adding some light sand weathering on the robes) and yet they look quite a bit better than how they appear in the review.

I just took this pic of the SSC Jawa I have next to my desk vs the same SSC Jawa in the Justin review. The HT Jawa in the review comparison isn't really posed/futzed either (though its eyes are supposedly on, while the SSC ones aren't,) but his SSC comparison fig looks pretty damn rough.:lol

49941296051_6476a5417d_o.png

I am hoping for another release with two jaws. I can't bring myself to buy this since I dont care about the droid.

They should have done a 3-pack and sold them as these guys...

buRbvpd.png

I think they more had in mind the guy and his gonk friend just up the street...

49941361831_c678253a3a_o.png

The review did do a comp with the Sideshow versions in pretty atrociously unfutzed condition, so I can see how someone would come away thinking the SSC Jawas are a disaster (which they are in a few ways.:lol)

I mean I really have never given my SSC Jawas their due (water treatment, doing a hard futz/crumple on the bandoliers/robes and adding some light sand weathering on the robes) and yet they look quite a bit better than how they appear in the review.

I just took this pic of the SSC Jawa I have next to my desk vs the same SSC Jawa in the Justin review. The HT Jawa in the review comparison isn't really posed/futzed either (though its eyes are supposedly on, while the SSC ones aren't,) but his SSC comparison fig looks pretty damn rough.:lol

Absolutely zero attempt had been made in that video to even put the hood on in any way other than using the long bits (not sure what they are called) as a winter scarf - it's on better out of the box. To be honest it took skill to make them look that bad. You can blame the floppy body for a bad pose but not that futzing. And the bodies can be fixed with some work.

I'm looking forward to a proper and unbiased comparison. I'm leaning towards the SS likely coming out on top (from what I can see). The biggest issues with the SS are the bodies (bloody annoying but fixable) and the seam on top of the hood (which isn't that noticeable from a normal viewing distance to be honest). The HT on the other hand, robe colour, eyes that either don't work or are the wrong colour for ANH, head looking weird in the hood, lifeless bandoleers, wrong weapon for ANH and Hot Toys usual giant hands.

But it is funny, when the SS Jawa's came out the price was considered excessive. Now they feel like a bargain.

I've got this set on order so I want to be convinced the Jawa isn't a write off, otherwise that is one expensive Gonk. This might end up as a dead Jawa for 3PO to throw on the flaming pile :lol

49941296051_6476a5417d_o.png

A well futzed Jawa is a happy Jawa...

giphy.gif

Hulk in his foam muscle shirt in the background will get those frisky Jawas sorted.:lol

?Because these Jawas are the the one?s we deserve, but not the ones we need right now...and so we'll continue to hunt for them, because Hot Toys can take it. Because they?re not a hero. They?re a silent antagonist, a watchful dictator...a dark plight.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got this set on order so I want to be convinced the Jawa isn't a write off, otherwise that is one expensive Gonk. This might end up as a dead Jawa for 3PO to throw on the flaming pile :lol

:lol :lol :lol

A well futzed Jawa is a happy Jawa...

giphy.gif

Hulk in his foam muscle shirt in the background will get those frisky Jawas sorted.:lol

Man good stuff

?Because these Jawas are the the one?s we deserve, but not the ones we need right now...and so we'll continue to hunt for them, because Hot Toys can take it. Because they?re not a hero. They?re a silent antagonist, a watchful dictator...a dark plight.?

I hate loving HT.

I think I got that backwards lol

I mean you're right silkkerias, I don't have them. But if you take me as the average interested consumer and put photos of the two head to head, it's hard not to look at the HT favorably. Credit where credit is due though, TaliBane's got a well futzed Jawa (there's a joke in there somewhere), and that goes a long way to supporting your point of view. But even then, there's something very tight about HT's offering all around. I especially like the hood piece being complete and stitched.
In the end though I'm just talking out my ass here, as I the set's not in my planned figure budget. Now if someone wanted just the gonk, I'd be willing to maybe split the set depending on how the costs all fell into place. But still.

Back