1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

This release is just weird. The box says ANH, but most of the choices made aren?t really ANH. The robe bares more resembling to ROTJ, the blaster is ROTJ, the GONK isn?t really ANH accurate and the eyes are Mandalorian... what?s the deal with this? Seems like they gave this one to an intern.
And Justin. I really enjoy your reviews! also this one ...but I don?t understand the claim that the SSC bandoliers are hard to futz and yes the bodies are crap, but you wouldn?t have to bind a knot in the front of the hood.

Yeah this is not ANH.
I see them adding the taller Jawa , darkening up the robes and throwing in a furry egg; maybe toss in some parts of the Razorcrest and they have their Offworld Jawa 2pk. Throw the preorder up before season 2 to hype its release.
I would take that over this.

I'm guessing the release of The Mandalorian Jawa two pack is right around the corner:mad:
530cb420ecae1d5a2f37fd18b076c11a.jpg

Yeah this is not ANH.
I see them adding the taller Jawa , darkening up the robes and throwing in a furry egg; maybe toss in some parts of the Razorcrest and they have their Offworld Jawa 2pk. Throw the preorder up before season 2 to hype its release.
I would take that over this.

Yes I'd also be in for a Mandalorian 2 pack. Hopefully HT will learn from this little outing.

Seems Mandalorian Jawas are also darker, so give us a 2 pack with darker robes, better stands and the accessories which DR37 has suggested. Egg etc and I'd be in as well.

If they keep the price a bit more moderate they'll get more buyers and pay off that new body tool.

Either way I'm not sure that's such an argument for the tool. They can use the same body for Wicket most probably and for Kuiil !!!

Chances are they won't make any more though.

This set looks a lot nicer in Justin's video and images. The hood is much better than the Sideshow version. The inaccuracies suck, like the red eyes, though some stuff can be fixed fairly easily, like weathering the bandoliers. I may pick up a couple sets after all.

Yes I'd also be in for a Mandalorian 2 pack. Hopefully HT will learn from this little outing.

Seems Mandalorian Jawas are also darker, so give us a 2 pack with darker robes, better stands and the accessories which DR37 has suggested. Egg etc and I'd be in as well.

If they keep the price a bit more moderate they'll get more buyers and pay off that new body tool.

Either way I'm not sure that's such an argument for the tool. They can use the same body for Wicket most probably and for Kuiil !!!

Chances are they won't make any more though.

This is hot toys. I bet we definitely get a set of mandalorian Jawas. They will get another use out of this body. Probably two pack to really piss us off.
With the correct robe color.

How many of us contacted HT regarding robes or eyes color after prototypes were revealed or they went up for pre-order?
Have you had a look at the box? Or ANY of the promo images? This eye color thing is bait and switch. They changed the damn color from correct to incorrect. I'll bet because they will soon be releasing Jawas from the Mandalorian and didn't want to go to the extra bit of work.
a24f1b1278341170091cff67cfbe17b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

If the sales of this set is crappy, why would they bother to sell more Jawas? Yes, it just a little bit of extra work, but so are the ShoreTroopers, Tank Commander and Mimban Stormtrooper.

Also, no reasoning to what hot toys releases. I bet bespin han and lando would sell more than a Jawa or count dooku but...

They invested to make the new body. They're not just gonna use it once. Honestly aside from:

the price,
the lights,
the robe color,
the crappy plastic base cover

The figure doesn't look that bad in the video. The weathering and the frayed sleeves look nice. I like how its able to stand up (thats a feature now :lecture) And Im surprised by the poseability of the Gonk droid, using dynamic stand as the legs. The fur is a full sleeve in stead of a wrist strap. I also like its shorter height compared to the sideshow jawas. Its to bad they chose to cheap out on this cause the parts they put effort into are actually pretty good. The worst thing about this is that they did not release a stand alone figure. Because now if they go right to Mandalorian Jawas the robe color is not gonna match (again), and we'll just have one lone orange jawa:monkey2 They need to release a two pack of these with different accessories/heights or the R5 bundle before they switch to Mandalorian.

They invested to make the new body. They're not just gonna use it once. Honestly aside from:

the price,
the lights,
the robe color,
the crappy plastic base cover
So... aside from pretty much everything the figure doesn't look too bad :rotfl

Also, no reasoning to what hot toys releases. I bet bespin han and lando would sell more than a Jawa or count dooku but...

Well, a Bespin Han or Lando will always sell. So maybe they?re not in a hurry since they?ll also need to make money in five years... dunno, there must be a business reason, they?re not stupid.

If they keep R5 simple (no sound, no die cast, no accessories), I think they can keep the price lower?

Yeah, none of those are required with R5, which helps, but the issue of lower production does comes in compared to R2, where even the barebones TFA one was $220 -- but it did have lights, sound, and diecast. Hopefully the pair get made at all, that seems a bit in doubt after the reception of this Jawa. Though it seems likely to sell out quick anyhow given their production numbers lately.

Back