1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, it is different! I guess I got so used to seeing those custom made GONKs that I almost bought.

The reason I held off on those is because they were the wider body video game PDs. This is the narrower OT style.

Yeah, at one time I was considering a RustyJ Jawa (is that the right guy?) and a GONK but ended up passing on both because individually, well...

But as a set, now its looking like a better deal.

Dammit Hot Toys, and right after I just bought the Sideshow R5. If there's any figure I never thought there was a chance in hell of them making, it was that one!

Oh well, this would probably be over $200, which is more than I'd ever want to pay for him anyway.

67337899_121564032454110_3136346906662273024_n.jpg

Dammit Hot Toys, and right after I just bought the Sideshow R5. If there's any figure I never thought there was a chance in hell of them making, it was that one!

View attachment 461257

It does look a bit better than the SSC one (it looks super accurate in that pic and nice and bright white) but the key issue is will it be a bit larger than the SSC one? The slight undersize aspect is what killed the SSC one for me at least.

And the bigger question - R5 surely bumps Jawas as the fig least likely to actually go to PO.

So, for those who own the Sideshow Jawas, do these look like a worthy upgrade?
I might start looking for cheap Sideshow Jawas on ebay...

So, for those who own the Sideshow Jawas, do these look like a worthy upgrade?
I might start looking for cheap Sideshow Jawas on ebay...

They don’t look like a massive upgrade in all honesty. The SSC versions are excellent figures if you were lucky enough to get the non floppy body versions. Having said that I’ll definitely be picking up a set of these.

They don’t look like a massive upgrade in all honesty. The SSC versions are excellent figures if you were lucky enough to get the non floppy body versions. Having said that I’ll definitely be picking up a set of these.

Yeah these almost look like the SSC versions when you first look at them.

Back