Hot Toys - MMS - Ironman - Ironman Mk II Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully this guy has the correct height to him. It looks the same as the Mark V in that picture,
but it could just be the angle/bases messing with that comparison.

I'm really hoping you're right.

The right foot definitely looks to be angled. And you’re right, the midsection looks extendable. I wonder if this means another mk3 is coming. Maybe a BD variant to lessen the sting...

This would be perfect and would even be more accurate for a HoA display. Thinking about a diecast BD Mk3 :drool

A non-midget Mk. II would be amazing! I was initially super disappointed to learn it was gonna have the inferior Mk. III height, but now that it seems like it could be regular DC height I'll really be looking forward to this one then!

Hopefully this guy has the correct height to him. It looks the same as the Mark V in that picture,
but it could just be the angle/bases messing with that comparison.

Hmm, yeah...you might be right. The Mk. II is on a taller platform, but the angle doesn't help. We need a head on shot on...that would help tremendously.

Waiting for a solid height comparison shot and confirmed upgraded articulation before I order. Those pics got me very optimistic about it all.

The waist articulation is definitely improved

BB5FB18C-DEFA-4158-9350-5D94094254C8.jpeg

The waist articulation is definitely improved

View attachment 412755

Yeah Ive seen that,also seen from the DK MK3 description below it says "over 36 points of articulation" which is more than what this DK MK2 description shows. We all know details can and do change from these PO listings.. so yeah Im waiting for some in hand impressions before i pull the trigger.
screenshot-www.sideshowtoy.com-2018.06.08-17-14-47.jpg

Understand. But in this case they intentionally mentioned the waist articulation which makes me believe it’s a point of emphasis this go round. How they count these points of articulation is a mystery though.

The photos I posted are from a show starting today, the CCG show. My mandarin isn’t great but from what I saw on the post he said it has both ankle articulation and ab crunch and he was told it’s a final product not a regular prototype. Not that it means it’s comijg out today or anything but that they have at least a few production items done. I asked him for a few more shots and his thoughts on the height.

Hmmm after looking around it seems all the newer Ironman releases are showing "over 30 points of articulation" even the MK6 which i have and seems to have the same or more articulation as the older suits :dunno Either way looking forward to this and the eventual Diecast MK7 release.

Yeah the whole articulation count thing is weird. Some figures that appear to be Gumby with accessories have listed like 30, and some that are slightly articulated statues are listed as 35. So no idea how they figure that stuff out. But from the pictures the mk2dc appears to have a lot of crap with it.

Understand. But in this case they intentionally mentioned the waist articulation which makes me believe it’s a point of emphasis this go round. How they count these points of articulation is a mystery though.

The photos I posted are from a show starting today, the CCG show. My mandarin isn’t great but from what I saw on the post he said it has both ankle articulation and ab crunch and he was told it’s a final product not a regular prototype. Not that it means it’s comijg out today or anything but that they have at least a few production items done. I asked him for a few more shots and his thoughts on the height.

Whenever when you hear back from your friend, please let us know what his thoughts are on the height compared to the mark v

80ee23938b94ad57ec466e787abc9d24.jpg

9f863840f269f8345e154ae7be7603f6.jpg

3095a3417e32c0fbbd7e2a48fcf470bb.jpg

I put these photos up when this figure was first revealed. I just can't imagine the MK 2 being that different of a figure scale wise.
Yes I do believe the ab section will be completely different as it doesn't have that same removable section to perform the kneeling pose that the MK 3 had.

Otherwise I think this is the same figure. I doubt the new ab section would add that much more height to the MK2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thing is it doesn’t actually have to be that much taller to be in line with what people want. 1/8 to a 1/4 inch and it’s as tall as the other suits. And will it be as different from the mk3dc as say the mk6dc is from the plastic, probably not but it probably will be as different from the mk2 plastic as the mk6dc is from the plastic. And if this adds an crunch, updated paint, and and ankle articulation that will pretty much fix everything people have complained about in the previous mk2/3 designs to this point. Just the changing of the swap out landing pose mid section makes it a pretty big change.

And keep in mind those pictures of the mk2dc are a prototype that is probably just a slightly tweaked production mk3. So in the photos of prototype to prototype it’s gonna look pretty similar. The photos I posted earlier already show some changes.

It'll be interesting once folks get this in hand to see if it suffers from the same scale issue as the DC Mk3...

Need to see in hand pics, the blogger pics are lacking the wow factor

Either that or we’ve been spoilt by all the recent diecast releases lol

Back