Hot Toys - MMS - Ironman - Ironman Mk II Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iron man 3 was made by an entirely new crew, director, and the props where all done by a new company. Those HoA displays and full display suits are irrelevant. The people from IM1 have stated they made the mk3 as a flight suit with limited fighting capability. The people from IM2 stated, even in the art of book if I recall, that the subsequent suits (4/6) where made larger, bulkier and for more space/comfort. Hot toys has the 3d digital files for all the suits. So the suit makers for the actually movies made it clear the first suits where purposely smaller and had less function and the people who made the figures have access to the actual blue prints for the suits...I’d say they made the figure based on that info and it’s accurate.

I’m sorry, I just cannot agree with you. Here is a pic of the first four suits from Iron Man 2. The Mk 4 is clearly the same size. They all are the same size. Same director as Iron Man 1.

fa65b6f61b1b19ce0313baaf2f464d0d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My main issue with this suit is that it's not the significant upgrade we've seen with the other diecast figures.

I agree with this, as it is definitely lacking when compared to what Hot Toys has been doing with the Diecast line overall.
This just looks like Mark II Unleashed (heavier edition).

I am going to stick with what I said… when lined up in the Hall of Armor, the only noticeable height difference
is the Mark I suit. The Mark II and III may be "shorter", but not by a foot+.

This armor still looks amazing in the movie, but somehow none of the figures have really done much for me. Not sure if it's the proportions or the silver chrome being not quite right...

I kinda glad it's basically the same as the DC MK III since I just bought one. Now I feel better about the purchase since the lack of significant upgrades shows HT most likely wont rerelease an upgraded MK III, at least not right away.

73c4304832fbd2b7a18025df89d98938.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, other than the paint which looks great, this is super disappointing. I have this on PO but this is seriously is making me question whether I intend to go full HoA or not. Definitely leaning toward canceling my PO as of this moment, but I won't make a rash decision just yet. What a shame...

It makes no physical sense that one armor would be half a head taller than another armor.(Forget about RDJ's height) Its supposed to be the same person wearing the armor. These suits are not stretching his limbs, and hes not growing over time. They should all be the same height. When HT increased the size of the other diecast figures, they were declaring the previous figures were not correct scale. Armors could get bulkier but not significantly taller. Unless they had platform boots. The point is the 2 different scales can not coexists. They can't both be correct, which seems to be what HT is trying to get away with.

Kinda disturbing. I guess the only positive is the 1-3 will be in-step with one another. Can't imagine I will need to upgrade the mk1 2.0 now as I am happy with it as is. But 4-7 are going to tower over these which kinda sucks. Might have to cheat the heights a bit.

At this point it does not matter which one is correct. Side by side are simply ridiculous. No mk2 for me. Mk3 is more than enough...

Strange choice in height. And so significantly so.

I never got the mk II and was looking forward to possibly picking this up... but no more. Which is a good thing, at these prices. Just as soon admire my glorious mk VI more often than have him share the shelf with 'shorty'.

I fear this isn't promising for making the mk I the appropriate beast he is in the movie.

Yeah I’m really on the fence now. I think it looks great on its own in a vacuum. But I’m never, EVER buying that die-cast Mk 3, so was looking towards this to show some improvements that might signal an updated Mk 3 is coming. So then it’s like, why bother picking up the Mk 4 either since I wouldn’t be completing the 1-7 suits at that point anyway. Mk 1, 5, 6, and 7 might have to do it for me. Also, I’m already getting the sense that people won’t be gobbling this up immediately, so there might be deals to find later as well.

^ wow that is hilarious, no need for him now, whats funny is I assumed mk 2 was being released to pair up with the mk 4 for a house duel, but that would just look so silly, hopes for a mk 3 redo have been snuffed out too

Some if this is out of scale with the VI, but not everything. The shoulders are the same width, from the bottom of the feet to the top of the knees is the same height, and the neck down to the hips is the same height. Fix the pinhead and the stubby thighs and they would have a great figure.

Looks like the Mark 2 lost all its height in the thigh area.
Might have to display it in its tippy toes so it wont look off with the others.

^ wow that is hilarious, no need for him now, whats funny is I assumed mk 2 was being released to pair up with the mk 4 for a house duel, but that would just look so silly, hopes for a mk 3 redo have been snuffed out too

That's the most disappointing part about this release.

Back