Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Suit-Up Gantry with and w/o Mk IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks dude!

yeah it actually is, good eye. I snagged it from my parents when they upgraded their surround sound.

The speaker is at least +15 yrs old, but it still sounds pretty good for what I need

:) Even after 15 years, that speaker sounds better than most of the bookshelf speakers they sell today.

The real kicker is, you said your parents upgraded. They must have an awesome home theater audio system.

Some sharing of my idea. Gantry floor base :wink1:

IMG_2540.jpg

IMG_2541.jpg

IMG_2527.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg

IMG_2546.jpg

IMG_2543.jpg

IMG_2537.jpg

IMG_2535.jpg

Awesome idea! I like the bases, are you planning on making any?

I am thinking about it. It's done now(With the possible exception of scribing more panels), so i could make a mould today or tomorrow and be cranking them out by tuesday or wednesday. It toally depends on how many people want one.

I will buy one (or three)!

That's good to hear. Maybe i will make that mould after all...

Very nice idea.
Looks good. :clap

Cool looking base!

Thanks a lot guys. As it is now, it's merely black styrene with all the lines scribed on it.
If i ran a wash of white paint into the lines, it would REALLY pop.
Here's a question to anyone reading who *might* be interested in buying one:
Would you prefer the resin replica unpainted? Or would you prefer it finished and ready to display?
If you can paint it yourself, it will be cheaper to buy it unpainted.
If you want it painted, it will be more expensive.
I have a thread about it in the customs section if anyone wants to see more pics:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118314

Last edited:
I am thinking about it. It's done now(With the possible exception of scribing more panels), so i could make a mould today or tomorrow and be cranking them out by tuesday or wednesday. It toally depends on how many people want one.

That's good to hear. Maybe i will make that mould after all...

Thanks a lot guys. As it is now, it's merely black styrene with all the lines scribed on it.
If i ran a wash of white paint into the lines, it would REALLY pop.
Here's a question to anyone reading who *might* be interested in buying one:
Would you prefer the resin replica unpainted? Or would you prefer it finished and ready to display?
If you can paint it yourself, it will be cheaper to buy it unpainted.
If you want it painted, it will be more expensive.
I have a thread about it in the customs section if anyone wants to see more pics:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118314

I should have my this or next month. But I would if I was to buy kne(IF) it would need to be painted.

I just got back into modeling. I have everything I need just not the skills.

I should have my this or next month. But I would if I was to buy one(IF) it would need to be painted.

I just got back into modeling. I have everything I need just not the skills.

I understand.
I usually cast in a pale yellowish resin and at the thickness of this piece(The sheet i scribed the panels from is only 2mm thick), it will be easy to paint.
A black flat primer would do the business. As for a wash of white, it's just a small amount of white paint mixed with thinners. Really easy to do.
I am toying with painting one, scribing the panels back out(And in so doing, removing the black paint from the lines), so i can light it up from below. That should look the business.

woohoooo!!!

about an hour ago this email from Sideshow Collectibles arrived...

"Hey Danny,

We have found a Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series Suit-Up Gantry with Iron Man Mark IV 12-inch Figure Set - Iron Man 2 for you! Your wait list reservation #XXXXXXX for this item is due to become a live order on 2012-11-13. Your item will then ship out to you shortly after that!

IF YOU DON'T WANT THIS ITEM, then cancel it as soon as possible through your online account "

awwww yeaaaaa!!!!!

Back