Hot toys MMS - Iron Man MK. 33 Silver Centurion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think something got lost in translation. My posts earlier were about my disappointment in the practice of ordering figures for the purpose of scalping them, not about someone's taking up pre-order slots. My writing was inspired by franpincho's blatant intent to turn a profit with multiples of this Centurion. Franpincho's circumnavigation of Sideshow's 1-per-household rule for this figure means little to me.

I'd thank you anyway, though, LipSmack. :1-1:

I think something got lost in translation. My posts earlier were about my disappointment in the practice of ordering figures for the purpose of scalping them, not about someone's taking up pre-order slots. My writing was inspired by franpincho's blatant intent to turn a profit with multiples of this Centurion. Franpincho's circumnavigation of Sideshow's 1-per-household rule for this figure means little to me.

I'd thank you anyway, though, LipSmack. :1-1:

I get that but like I said, He may end up eating them if people tastes change in the next year, Karma has a way of sorting things out :hi5:

I get that but like I said, He may end up eating them if people tastes change in the next year, Karma has a way of sorting things out :hi5:

:exactly: A lot of good movies that will give HT some great figures coming out before this guy even ships. Not to mention the other IM figures they are planning on releasing.

:exactly: A lot of good movies that will give HT some great figures coming out before this guy even ships. Not to mention the other IM figures they are planning on releasing.

Yeah especially at the prices their asking... Im getting a grievous instead of this, I want a heartbreaker but then theres Vader lol and robocop, its hard for alot of reasons, and for me the price jump by both HT and SS are unjustified (except grievous, alot of work went into that)

...in my mind they have a wife and kids and they provide them with a better life.

By taking advantage of strangers' desperations? The means matter. Honor matters. A gift given at the cost of someone other than yourself is less than what it could have been. It was kind of you to do that for your mother, and I'm sure seeing her smile was beautiful, as it is to me when my loved ones are happy, but did you not still take advantage of someone for that to happen?

It may come down to one's view of fellow people. I, personally, feel that I do not need to know someone to value her. The fact that she is alive is enough of a reason to look out for her wellbeing; I try to view everyone as a friend until proven wrong. There will come times when you feel that you have no choice but to forfeit someone's wellbeing for that of another, more-intimately related individual. But I would urge you, in these moments, to entertain alternatives, such that everyone can make it out happy. There is always another way, even if you can't immediately see it. To me, taking advantage of others is a matter of expediency.

By taking advantage of strangers' desperations? The means matter. Honor matters. A gift given at the cost of someone other than yourself is less than what it could have been. It was kind of you to do that for your mother, and I'm sure seeing her smile was beautiful, as it is to me when my loved ones are happy, but did you not still take advantage of someone for that to happen?

It may come down to one's view of fellow people. I, personally, feel that I do not need to know someone to value her. The fact that she is alive is enough of a reason to look out for her wellbeing; I try to view everyone as a friend until proven wrong. There will come times when you feel that you have no choice but to forfeit someone's wellbeing for that of another, more-intimately related individual. But I would urge you, in these moments, to entertain alternatives, such that everyone can make it out happy. There is always another way, even if you can't immediately see it. To me, taking advantage of others is a matter of expediency.

I do agree with you on your points of honor and means but do you really ever consider someones need to acquire a toy desperation? I feel like the only thing I took advantage of is someones willingness (that being the key word) to pay that price , Would I love to live in a world where everyone gets a shot at owning the figure at the same price for all of eternity? Yes very much so.... Because like I said I have been on the other side many of times... Was I happy I had to pay up? No not even a little but it was my choice.... To me taking advantage of someone is VERY different than that... I consider myself to be an extremely honest and a very good person, I would never steal from someone and I don't think I've told a lie since I've been an adult, Selling something for what the market deems it is worth is not morally wrong to me in the least.

Now if some one was selling something and wanted $500 for the item and needed the money for food or medicine and I said.... I will give you $200 take it or leave it, Then I would feel like I had taken advantage of someones desperation, I would NEVER do this because morally it is wrong.

And yes it did cost me less to get my mother something, But I wouldn't have been able to get it for her at all otherwise, Her happiness was worth every penny!

Bottom line if you can't afford to pay that much then don't buy it the figure is not something anyone needs to live.

Last edited:
This topic is going off track, if dude can afford to grab 3 figures then that's his thing. If you can sell them for a profit, that's good. Me, I can only afford 1 so I'm happy. Let's move on.

Reading all this hoopla over scalpers and unfair this and that I just have to point out, this is not sold out at SSC and a lot of other online retailers. We haven't gotten to the point where somebody bought one and prevented you from getting it. This is in no way like the bd mark vii situation. If you want it, preorder it now. No one is stopping you. Most have been on these forums or collected HTs long enough to know to preorder well in advance of release. I can't tell anyone what to do with their money. You want to buy 1, 2, or 7 of these, go right on ahead and do it. This is not sold out yet!
I specifically hate when scalpers buy and hoard a very limited supply. They are producing more Silver Centurions than bd mark viis. No one has missed out yet. You can preorder it now.
I hate scalpers. It makes me angry to literally be unable to buy an sdcc hasbro exclusive 5 minutes into preview night because the line is capped and filled with exhibitors and scalpers. I deal with them every year, and it is incredibly more frustrating than anything that's going on here with the Silver Centurion. Imagine seeing scalpers cart off cases of these exclusives when you want to just get one. Some scalpers even open booths at comic con to scalp this stuff.
All I'm saying is don't hesitate to preorder this if you want it. No need to be upset when this is not even sold out. No one is carting off cases of these and preventing you from getting one.

The cart full of exclusive people are just rude, No excuse for that especially when someone is standing behind them to buy it.... On subject I think the figure looks great! I pre ordered one and will hopefully not have to cancel for any reason.

Good stuff, CODLIVE. :)
Jon, I don't think anyone is tripping out about Centurion selling out; we're just talking about scalping in general because the opportunity presented itself. And yeah, scoring some of the SDCC exclusives was bananas. I lost on two of the three I was hoping to get. The good news is that I'm still pumped over the Cap footage. :lol

i have to say that i feel for people that didn't get an initial order for any piece in and it sold out quickly. i've been on all sides of the fence with this issue.

i have missed out on the initial order, got out the WL and it converted. sometimes it doesn't convert and to get it, i had to pay a high price or do without. i usually did without although those experiences are few because i made sure to get an order in, even rearranging my schedule and going through great lengths to order. i remember getting a SS SW qui gon jinn ex order in after giving a live presentation, racing through the neighborhood home and jumping on the computer for the 1pm ET. PPO making it with seconds to spare.

i have also got my order in, decided to get two and flip one, and the item although sold out on SS, was still available elsewhere and the popularity AND value dropped. then i sold it for a loss which does happen more often than you think. not as much since i started buying mostly HT products though. i have also ordered multiples, the value shot up, and i sold it for what i paid to help a fellow friend and collector. that's what i did with the MVI IM promo. both myself and a friend ordered one. he then fell on some hard times and was going to cancel. i paid him for his, had two, and sold one to a board member on another board for what i paid. those are going for $500-600 now!

point is, i had always thought this is all part of collecting. i had never seen it any differently including people being disappointed because they weren't available to order. it happens to all of us at one time or another. my new collecting philosophy is you can't own them all.

I have to chime in on this, If you call someone the "scum of the earth" or "worse than a drug dealer" That's more than a little extreme.... In the event that you intend to sell something that you bought for personal enjoyment, Do you charge exactly what you paid for it even if it's worth 3X that? Because that's the same thing in my eyes.... If he buys 2 or more there is some risk that it won't be worth more (not a lot of risk, but some)...

I have been on both sides of this I have overpaid for something I missed out on and I have bought things for the sole purpose of selling for profit..... The last thing I did that with I doubled my money and purchased my mother a new living room set... I'll be sure to tell her what an A-hole I am for that tomorrow lol

In your mind is the scalper like the Grinch who stole Christmas and hordes all the money for himself? Because in my mind they have a wife and kids and they provide them with a better life.

These toys are not a need no matter how much you could have enjoyed them.... If you miss one you'll be okay, If you over pay then it's worth that much to you.

It's about intent. If you buy with the sole purpose of forcing someone else to pay you more than regular price for something you are a scalper. That is exploiting people and is wrong. It is also exploiting someone who just wants a representation of a super hero, which is a respectable and moral thing to do.

As far as comparing to drug dealers, drug dealers take money from other criminals (people who buy drugs, which is a crime)which as far as I'm concerned, isn't as bad as exploiting decent people,which is what scalpers do.

What drug dealers and scalpers have in common is a sociopathic attitude of a lack of empathy towards others.

If someone buys and has the item past the date that they can get a refund from the store they bought it from, and their priorities have changed and they want to sell, it is ok to sell for market value since that is the cost of replacing it. If they can still get a full refund, they are scalping if they sell it for more instead of letting someone else buy it at cost.

Why is everyone worrying about scalpers here?
The Silver Cent. Ex version is limited to 1 per household/CC...
Unless scalpers have over 20 addresses/20 CC then I should worry about this being OVER priced in about say...2-3 months?

It's about intent. If you buy with the sole purpose of forcing someone else to pay you more than regular price for something you are a scalper. That is exploiting people and is wrong. It is also exploiting someone who just wants a representation of a super hero, which is a respectable and moral thing to do.

As far as comparing to drug dealers, drug dealers take money from other criminals (people who buy drugs, which is a crime)which as far as I'm concerned, isn't as bad as exploiting decent people,which is what scalpers do.

What drug dealers and scalpers have in common is a sociopathic attitude of a lack of empathy towards others.

If someone buys and has the item past the date that they can get a refund from the store they bought it from, and their priorities have changed and they want to sell, it is ok to sell for market value since that is the cost of replacing it. If they can still get a full refund, they are scalping if they sell it for more instead of letting someone else buy it at cost.

Nicely put.

Re: Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 33

Fact of the matter is no one, absolutely NO ONE is forcing you to buy stuff from anybody. There's plenty of time to preorder this guy and I would advise you to do so, so that you don't have to pay insane prices later on. To me, or anyone else for that matter.
And yes, I do hate what those comic con guys do on preview night, that's WAY different from what I'm planning on doing with this guy.
Or bragging about the BD mark VII on that board when I know for a fact that a LOT of people were left out. That would be wrong, won't be touching that subject there.
I love Resident Evil, I have both versions of Leon, and for the life of me, as UGLY as that thing is, it has SKYROCKETED in price. Will I ever sell them? Hell no. I love RE. IM? Not so much. If I can get some profit back, good, if not, well, joke's on me.
You should just focus on how amazing this figure looks and preorder it before it sells out. If you think $250 is high, you will be hitting yourself in the head later on.
I do think I'm lucky I'm not that big of an IM fan though, otherwise I'd be having serious money issues at home....
Get back on topic guys, talk about this great looking figure instead of being angry at others that might not have the same views as you, I do not think of myself as a criminal or a drug dealer, I just see an opportunity and take it, without really being in others way.
Go on now and enjoy the fact that HT loves you by releasing this many IM suits, must be nice.
Apologies to the ones somewhat offended by my intentions, did not mean to sound like a POS scalper of some sort.
Great day you all! Back to the figure!!!!

You're being naive if you think that there aren't good, honest, decent people who get caught up in drug addiction.

Also all this talk of exploitation and desperation is a little over the top. Collectibles are luxury items and are completely frivolous. This isn't the case of going to the supermarket and buying all the food to turn a profit. No one needs these toys, they are 'want' items, not 'need'.

After watching the Silver Centurion scenes again, I'm very happy with how accurate the battle damaged chest is! Hurry up September!!

Back