Hot toys MMS - Iron Man MK. 33 Silver Centurion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is just screaming to be made in Diecast. I honestly wish that all future armors would be made that way. As much as I love the Mark VII, it feels like a toy compared to the Mark II War Machine. (Yes I know it is a toy) it's the "heft" of the Diecast that I want them all to have moving forward. Maybe they can just add a lead weight in the torso. :)

Id take one in diecast for sure! I really hope HT gives us a revamp of the MKIII in diecast,it would be my first diecast and complete my IM collection wonderfully.

wow I forgot how good this suit looks :clap I love it more and more

Agreed,such a stunner!

Such a great looking suit

Hope they use something like this as the main suit in future iron man movies

image.jpg

Now that is a stunning armor. That pic just put Centurion to the top of my most anticipated Iron Man figure.

Edit: Just noticed the new stand has a waist grabber instead of the old crotch cradle. That's a welcome change as the old style doesn't hold armors as well as standard clothed figures, IMO.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 33

Ok, now that pic is making me wanna PO him. The promo shots didnt really win me over but now, just a simple museum pose caught my attention

Have they solve the pink panties problem for the new iron mens figure?

I will buy this if they solved that problem

Some people have reported fading on the Mark VII. Not an issue with the Diecast figures, fortunately but Centurion may be at risk.

oh boy, that is bad,
can you believe it? after so many iron mens figures, hot toys should have solved this problem for us collectors

MK33 is really dope looking. how i wish this is the suit for AOU.

Have they solve the pink panties problem for the new iron mens figure?

I will buy this if they solved that problem

Dont let that stop you from buying this piece! I have MK4,had MK6,have MK7 and MK7 BD and none have had this issue. Had I had the thought "what if I get pink panties" determine my decisions,Id never had bought a single Ironman figure. And Id be a sad sad man about now,mostly because Id be spending hundreds more trying to play catch up. Just a thought. Buy him,enjoy him!

Dont let that stop you from buying this piece! I have MK4,had MK6,have MK7 and MK7 BD and none have had this issue. Had I had the thought "what if I get pink panties" determine my decisions,Id never had bought a single Ironman figure. And Id be a sad sad man about now,mostly because Id be spending hundreds more trying to play catch up. Just a thought. Buy him,enjoy him!

i know where you are coming from buddy, but i disagree with u

The pink panties issue is really stopping me from buying any more iron man figure. i bought mk3 a long time ago. it has faded badly since then. the pink panties problem is very annoying. visually, my iron man mk3 doesn't look that good any more with that faded area. especially under good lighting.

Given the hot toys have already released so many iron men. i am sure they are aware of the problem. they just choose not to solve it.

i will be a sad sad man if i spend so much money on a figure and the faded panties problem arise not long after. it is frankly disappointing.

i am considering buying diecast iron man figure now,
As some members of this forum mentioned, die cast figure wont have that problem. i certainly hope they are right!

The pink panties issue is really stopping me from buying any more iron man figure. i bought mk3 a long time ago. it has faded badly since then. the pink panties problem is very annoying. visually, my iron man mk3 doesn't look that good any more with that faded area. especially under good lighting.

Given the hot toys have already released so many iron men. i am sure they are aware of the problem. they just choose not to solve it.

i will be a sad sad man if i spend so much money on a figure and the faded panties problem arise not long after. it is frankly disappointing.

As some members of this forum mentioned, die cast figure wont have that problem. i certainly hope they are right!

Sorry to hear about that MK3,I know thats gotta suck. There are tutorials on the boards here on how to fix/repaint the underwear problem fyi,maybe u could try that on your MK3? And as far as Im aware there have not been any fading issues on Ironmans since the MK6,someone please correct me if Im wrong. Not to say it wont happen but its been over a year and no widespread issues have been reported. And your correct die cast wont have that problem BUT they do have problems of thier own ie chipping paint. I think its too early to tell but hopefully those Diecast hold up for the long haul. Id instantly jump on a diecast MK3! Good luck with your desicions!

The problem comes from the fact that it is a different soft plastic used on that part of the figure, and the paint doesn't have the same reaction to it. On the diecast ones it is the same hard plastic that most of the figure is made out of, and it doesn't need the flexibility because it has the hip flaps instead (which plenty of people also hate). I am sure they are trying different things but they can't come up with an idea and let it sit around for 2 years to see if it works better and then release the figure.

In the end you really cannot possibly hope that plastic toys will always look the same forever, because that is impossible. It will fade, it will get brittle. It takes some care to keep things looking good, and that can mean a new coat of paint now and then. You can't leave a $100k car to its own devices for several years without problems either. Its just the nature of materials that aren't in their natural state. The environment exists to break them down.

The problem comes from the fact that it is a different soft plastic used on that part of the figure, and the paint doesn't have the same reaction to it. On the diecast ones it is the same hard plastic that most of the figure is made out of, and it doesn't need the flexibility because it has the hip flaps instead (which plenty of people also hate). I am sure they are trying different things but they can't come up with an idea and let it sit around for 2 years to see if it works better and then release the figure.

In the end you really cannot possibly hope that plastic toys will always look the same forever, because that is impossible. It will fade, it will get brittle. It takes some care to keep things looking good, and that can mean a new coat of paint now and then. You can't leave a $100k car to its own devices for several years without problems either. Its just the nature of materials that aren't in their natural state. The environment exists to break them down.

Yup it wont look the same forever! But the pinky panties issue arise less than a year after I bought it. And I have already taken good care of it..no sunlight, no heat and the enviroment moisture level is keep controlled too. Dont u agree that hot toys should do something about it? There are so many people out there with this problem.

Yup it wont look the same forever! But the pinky panties issue arise less than a year after I bought it. And I have already taken good care of it..no sunlight, no heat and the enviroment moisture level is keep controlled too. Dont u agree that hot toys should do something about it? There are so many people out there with this problem.

Yes certain things would make it worse (direct sunlight, etc) but nothing will preserve it forever. Its the nature of plastics, and I am sure Hot Toys has been trying new things, but unless they take a 5 year hiatus from releasing anything just to do long term testing on the colorfastness of soft plastics they are probably not going to be able to eliminate the problem entirely.

In the end it just needs a bit of paint and it'll look good as new, and hopefully it will be less and less of an issue in the future.

Yes certain things would make it worse (direct sunlight, etc) but nothing will preserve it forever. Its the nature of plastics, and I am sure Hot Toys has been trying new things, but unless they take a 5 year hiatus from releasing anything just to do long term testing on the colorfastness of soft plastics they are probably not going to be able to eliminate the problem entirely.

In the end it just needs a bit of paint and it'll look good as new, and hopefully it will be less and less of an issue in the future.

Yeah man Let hope for the better!! I totally dig this mk 33 suit..hope marvel used a similar suit as the iron man' s main suit in future movies.

Back