Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have images of the imperfections?

So here are three pictures. The first shows the right thigh, which looks fine to me but is included as a point of comparison. The second is the left thigh, where there's a gap between the two long, non-removable armor pieces/layers near the hip. That doesn't bother me so much, except that I think it's what's causing the removable left thigh piece to click and wobble (which does bother me... it feels like something wants to break each time I press it).

And the third picture shows the calves with the flaps. The left one is fine, but the right flap isn't flush with the rest of the leg when lowered (there's roughly 1-1.5 mm where it doesn't meet the front of the leg).

So here are three pictures. The first shows the right thigh, which looks fine to me but is included as a point of comparison. The second is the left thigh, where there's a gap between the two long, non-removable armor pieces/layers near the hip. That doesn't bother me so much, except that I think it's what's causing the removable left thigh piece to click and wobble (which does bother me... it feels like something wants to break each time I press it).

And the third picture shows the calves with the flaps. The left one is fine, but the right flap isn't flush with the rest of the leg when lowered (there's roughly 1-1.5 mm where it doesn't meet the front of the leg).

can you pull the calf piece off and take a pic of the inside? it slides off easily, as for the thigh plate , mine was similar but pressed in easily, can you remove it and take pics of the thigh without the piece?

I see what you mean with the calf, but i am not sure what i am looking at with the thigh.

Attached is the same picture of the left thigh, but a circle around the gap area (which I should've included in the first place...).

can you pull the calf piece off and take a pic of the inside? it slides off easily, as for the thigh plate , mine was similar but pressed in easily, can you remove it and take pics of the thigh without the piece?

I actually don't have the figure with me now (these were taken before I went out of town), but I will see what I can do as far as new pictures when I get back. Should I include pictures of the thigh from the front or sides (or both)?

Attached is the same picture of the left thigh, but a circle around the gap area (which I should've included in the first place...).

I see what you mean.
This figure has an incredibly complex building procedure.
It will be made like a plastic model kit, with all the pieces cast on sprue trees, then painted, then each part will have to be removed from the tree carefully, the sprue remnant removed, and then further finishing.
After all the parts are carefully finished, construction will begin.
I expect any minor deviation in the speed of building will cause the glue to bind too fast.
It's no consolation that you have flaws in yours.
Did you contact Sideshow?

I actually don't have the figure with me now (these were taken before I went out of town), but I will see what I can do as far as new pictures when I get back. Should I include pictures of the thigh from the front or sides (or both)?

Oh I see what you mean, I was looking above that at the thigh attachment piece. Are you sure it isnt just paint? alot of these lines are panel lines on plastic groves, could be that paint was applied cleaner to the one side and not so much on the other..?

I see what you mean.
This figure has an incredibly complex building procedure.
It will be made like a plastic model kit, with all the pieces cast on sprue trees, then painted, then each part will have to be removed from the tree carefully, the sprue remnant removed, and then further finishing.
After all the parts are carefully finished, construction will begin.
I expect any minor deviation in the speed of building will cause the glue to bind too fast.
It's no consolation that you have flaws in yours.
Did you contact Sideshow?

Thanks for that explanation. I suspected the construction process was intense and subject to minor inconsistencies, and your explanation makes it more obvious. I did contact Sideshow, but it wasn't enough to warrant a replacement (not that they had replacement bodies to offer). They did offer to let me return it for a refund though, which I'm mulling over. In the grand scheme, it's minor, but I was mostly curious if these sorts of minor issues are within the margin of error for these figures (and it seems like the answer is yes).

Oh I see what you mean, I was looking above that at the thigh attachment piece. Are you sure it isnt just paint? alot of these lines are panel lines on plastic groves, could be that paint was applied cleaner to the one side and not so much on the other..?

No, that's a gap in the armor. The picture is poorly lit, but I've nudged the piece in the middle a few times to try to align it with the pieces of armor above and below it.

I don't think Sideshow would consider that an imperfection.
You're right on that one.

Last edited:
All I could suggest is go on ebay, sometimes people part out the body. You might find a gold leg floating around. Wont be cheap cause its so limited.

Finally got my Midas today.

There was a shipping mix up on sideshow's part that their system said mine was shipped out. Had to email them twice about it. I dont blame them, stuff happens but damn thought i wasnt gonna get mine

I was lucky enough to win there holiday wish list giveaway and won this. My first Hot Toys figure and I'm stoked.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Holy cow that's awesome! Congratulations.

Aaaaaaaaand you're hooked. I'll be curious to see how many HTs you have a year from now. ;)

Back