Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had never heard of the guy until recently. I like his reviews. I don't think he necessarily influences me to buy things. (That's the job of this message board. :lol). But I do think he does a great job at showcasing the products and isn't afraid to express his feelings on a piece, good or bad. I like that about him.

So has interest and excitement for Midas cooled down that much?

Think I'm gonna hold on to my extra for a while. Got some Mk3 BDs and Mk4's offered to me for it, but the Mk3's were all missing something and I don't know that I really care about the Mk4. I don't know.

Still loving my Midas, which is all that really matters.

You're right.

I think it's grossly over-hyped but that's just my opinion. Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If you enjoy it, that's all that matters.

It's not that hot in my opinion, they went cheap on it, it was just to have something cool for a convention and make money on an old mold in my humble opinion. It's my least favorite Iron Man figure.

I had never heard of the guy until recently. I like his reviews. I don't think he necessarily influences me to buy things. (That's the job of this message board. :lol). But I do think he does a great job at showcasing the products and isn't afraid to express his feelings on a piece, good or bad. I like that about him.

It's really funny when you watch his videos and hear him doing the voices of the figures. If you listen to his dialogue closely, he'll really get into it and I know he's lost himself in playing with the figures and I think it's cool. As you say, he's not afraid to do his own thing.

The dude gets chicks too so I think a lot of people hate on him for that. I have emailed him privately and always get a response, seems like a good dude.

You've completely missed the point on Sean Long.

A) He's smarter than he appears, a lot of what you see is his "schtick". If you listen to him, he's actually witty.

B) He doesn't review as much as he does promote. He drives interest in Hot Toys, has fun, and gives the figures a thorough going over.

C) He's always been blatant marketer and has never tried to be anything else, his sole intent is to help drive the sales of these figures (and it works) and make money while doing it.

D) There is zero wrong with what he's doing. and the dude is downright hilarious. There is something hilarious in listening to a dude do a toy review while actually playing with his "Dollies" and doing their voices. I'm sorry, he gets into it way to much for that to be fake. That to me is frick'n worth the price of admission.

All of us want to do what he does but simply can't let go that much to outright play with our figures. LOL

Asian-Facepalm-Of-Shame.gif

You are welcome to think he is funny. I find him annoying and not the least bit funny. I've watched maybe two of his reviews and I'll never watch another one, so he isn't going to be influencing my purchase decisions one way or another.

The reviews are like best are the ones where the figure is shown simply and in good detail and articulation is demonstrated and scale shown. I rarely listen to what the reviewer is actually saying and that goes for Sean Long and others.

The point about him getting chicks is funny though. Most people here have wives or girlfriends. I could blow your head off with some of my own stories and pictures, but this is a toy forum... Not exactly my first stop when I want to talk about my or anyone else's love life. ;)

Needless to say, where Sean's **** has been is not on my radar... And it shouldn't be on yours.

If I wanted to trade my Midas would I be able to trade it for a Mark VI Avengers version or Mark VII BD, or Secret Project Mark IV? I may try to trade my Midas.

If I wanted to trade my Midas would I be able to trade it for a Mark VI Avengers version or Mark VII BD, or Secret Project Mark IV? I may try to trade my Midas.

I put mine out there for much of the same stuff. Good luck with it but right now it seems 7 BD and VI avengers are worth a fair bit more than Midas. I've gotten lots of offers for Mk3 BD tho, which is tempting, but there has been something wrong with all of them (pink pantings, missing head, missing foils) and I'm a little OCD about things being mint and complete.

The avengers mk vi is never happening. Bd vii is highly unlikely. Secret project iv is very much possible. A guy offered me a Midas for one of my tumblers and I laughed.

Midas is still too new. I think once he become a little less available some better trades will become possible.

Midas is still too new. I think once he become a little less available some better trades will become possible.

:exactly:

This thing is still shipping and people are worried because its only worth a little more than MSRP (which is already inflated). :slap

Did anyone else with a Midas have little imperfections in the armor, where pieces aren't perfectly flush and lined up? This was my first HT figure (and therefore my first Iron Man), so I was expecting everything to be perfect, which may have been unreasonable in retrospect. I got lucky in that the arms seem pretty solid and don't pop out, but it kinda nags me that the armor pieces don't all line up perfectly. Am I just blowing things out of proportion, or is this pretty much par for the course with HT figures?

Thanks for any feedback you might have!

Back