Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

Yes that is a lot worldwide but everyone won't have access to the total worldwide ES at retail price. These are region specific launches. Take Sideshow, for example, if they get 800 units then the US and Canada will only have access to 800 units at retail price. That's pretty limited if you look at it in those terms.

I'm monitoring Japan prices right now for both the MK7BD and this one. It seems both are selling over 70,000 yen which is around $780. Kinda ridiculous keeping in consideration that there is an actual store there where people can buy the figure in person. Yes, I know, some people in Osaka can't make it to Tokyo and stuff like that.

Yes that is a lot worldwide but everyone won't have access to the total worldwide ES at retail price. These are region specific launches. Take Sideshow, for example, if they get 800 units then the US and Canada will only have access to 800 units at retail price. That's pretty limited if you look at it in those terms.

I'm sure the BD Mark VII had pretty much the same distribution numbers and look how fast it sells out. Just goes to show how popular Hot Toys are worldwide. I don't collect anything from Sideshow so I don't know how long they sell out.

And 4,000 could be considered very limited, who knows how many regular Mark VII's they sold and made...10,000?

If they weren't a niche item.

10 years time, my prediction is these figures will go for less than retail. It's all hype.

anything is only worth what someone will pay for it. in 10 years, if a collector really wanted this and it was the only one on ebay, do you think they'd pay more than retail?

anything is only worth what someone will pay for it. in 10 years, if a collector really wanted this and it was the only one on ebay, do you think they'd pay more than retail?

We'll see.

Been collecting items for longer than a lot of folks here have been alive. It gives ones a certain... perspective.

25 years, MISP on items with batteries. They've turned to snot, and the whole pack is fogged, and what's inside... LOL!

Very, VERY few items make it past the initial blush of youth.

I haven't been here in a while and it's pretty long wait with no certainty I must say.....

At current:

HK:800 units (or 750)
JP:800 units (or 750)
SG: 800 units (or 750)
That puts the figure at 2,400 units in Asia alone. Not so limited after all.
I predict EU and the U.S will get at least 800 to 1,000 units each.
Therefore, the total edition size of the Midas should be no less than 4,000 units worldwide. That's pretty non limited if you ask me. Look at Sideshow PF statues with an edition size of 800 (back in the day) and SS also sells them worldwide.

Thailand got 500 release in OCT 17 and plus Taiwan (800) the first event that annouced this item. For Hong Kong, I think they didn't get it cuz it was announced after the anicom hong kong fair.

1175415_750554654959721_1782174984_n.jpg

With sideshow not yet offering customers to be signed up for notification of this sucker being up for PO, I'm thinking it probably won't be up for at least a couple more weeks :impatient:

With sideshow not yet offering customers to be signed up for notification of this sucker being up for PO, I'm thinking it probably won't be up for at least a couple more weeks :impatient:

I agree, once we get that notice then be ready.

First time posting here, have been lurking around here for quite some time. Just to share about Midas at STGCC. I've a friend who went there early in the morning to queue for Midas...guess what? They don't have it in stock at the show, he received a pre-order form for full payment (SGD379) and was told collection of the item will be somewhere around Q1 2014. There are hundreds of people queuing since 5:30AM....

Update: My friend just updated me...looks like they've Midas available after all and probably he is above 800 in the queue, hence he was given the pre-order form. He did see some people carrying 5 Midas....

Last edited:

Thanks for the update wongkwp

I also have a friend that is over their and he was in line since 6:30am.

He also updated me that he was given a pre-order form instead as he was not able to get his hands on Mark XXI. I was hoping that he was also able to get one for me (only can dream), but it's just to bad.

The eBay prices on these are sooo expensive :(

Thanks for the update wongkwp

I also have a friend that is over their and he was in line since 6:30am.

He also updated me that he was given a pre-order form instead as he was not able to get his hands on Mark XXI. I was hoping that he was also able to get one for me (only can dream), but it's just to bad.

The eBay prices on these are sooo expensive :(

Yeah, with no limit control on how many each person can buy, seems like it was sold out pretty fast...

Yeah, with no limit control on how many each person can buy, seems like it was sold out pretty fast...

It was listed on the post with the other goodies - 1 per person.

Oh... how depressing. But should have been expected in terms of the queue being so long....

There is no way that my friend would have got one as when he called me very early this morning that the queue from where he stands was around 3 streets away.

Man, I wonder how quickly this will sell out when it goes live on sideshow.

Back