Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

Blame the movie itself and those who worked on it. They gave HT an all you can eat buffet. Admission price into this buffet is your house, wife and kids.

Not at all into Greek Mythology, but the book that I'm reading referred to King Midas today and it made me want to read up about him with the assumption the name of this armor was inspired by him.

Here's a little background on King Midas:

"The story of King Midas is a myth about the tragedy of avarice and narrates what happens when true happiness is not recognized. Midas was a man who wished that everything he touched would turn into gold. However, he had not thought that this wish was not actually a blessing, but a curse. His greed invites us to think and realize the consequences that may lead us to become slaves of our own desires. The phrase the Midas touch comes from this myth and is used to say that somebody has a good fortune."

Looking at the offer history, 3 people have surely tried. Apparently "12ninja23" didn't care for the offers to much because they were all declined ... boy I'd love to know what was offered lol

Just out of curiosity, and since my interest in HT figures is new, how much did the first ever HT Mark III retail for?

I'm actually curious about the first HT figure ever made. What was it and did it start at MMS01?

Back