Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

I actually quite like the two-tone gold colour scheme. If it were the Mark IV design, I'd probably try and pick one up. Seems to me a great idea for an exclusive, too. Can't really see why anyone would get upset with this release. It's so limited and easy for HT to manufacture that it won't be taking away from any of the figures pending. Sure wish Iron Whiplash would go up for PO, though.

6279882.jpg

He may be a ********* but he sure isnt doing anything wrong, just dont buy from him or other scalpers and theyll eat it, buy from them and youre just validating his point

free enterprise is what the entire concept of capitalism is all about. to be against capitalism would be against the american way of life. some may think americans are greedy. they're right. i've got 5 mouths to feed.

benny.png

But there's a big difference between supporting the american way and bragging about making money scalping to collectors on a collectors forum.

free enterprise is what the entire concept of capitalism is all about. to be against capitalism would be against the american way of life. some may think americans are greedy. they're right. i've got 5 mouths to feed.

benny.png

So your saying the American way is screwing over people ? I'm all for making money but get off your *** and do it in an honest way not by taking the opportunity of gettin one from real collectors to make a quick buck, that's about as low as it gets and it would be different if he got a figure, changed his mind and just sold it but all he ever says on here is how he can make a quick buck off of scalping and it gets really old... If all you talk about is making money off these figures then your not a real collector, simple as that

So your saying the American way is screwing over people ? I'm all for making money but get off your *** and do it in an honest way not by taking the opportunity of gettin one from real collectors to make a quick buck, that's about as low as it gets and it would be different if he got a figure, changed his mind and just sold it but all he ever says on here is how he can make a quick buck off of scalping and it gets really old... If all you talk about is making money off these figures then your not a real collector, simple as that

I would def say its the American way to screw over people. Do whatever it takes to move up and make more money in the world. It sucks but thats what we have become

sarcasm is lost sometimes when written so i'll be serious.

colleges are churning out graduates at an alarming rate, so much so that there simply isn't enough jobs to go around. so in order to pay back the tens of thousands in student loans, these grads get hired in low paying, management, go no where positions. these are the same positions that high school grads used to have. so the high school grads work day labor positions or they collect assistance from the government. this has been going on since the 80s but has been exponentially increased over the past 10 years.

when i grew up, one income could sustain a household. today two good incomes are needed just to get by. been to the grocery store lately? prices are sky high. everything costs more and minimum wage is still under $8 an hour. can you support yourself and a family holding down a job that only pays $400 a week? that's $2 an hour OVER minimum.

the american dream was dead the day we sold out to corporations that undersold the rug out from under independent shop owners and service providers. the separation of classes is evident to many people in america. the middle class has all but disappeared. poverty wage is now considered making UNDER $23,000. that's about $575 a week before taxes. can you blame anyone trying to survive doing whatever it takes to do so? ANYONE can take the initiative if there's a market for it and buy up all they can afford expressly to flip. that includes real estate, fine autos and yes, even hot toys collectibles.

i guess the lesson is, make sure you're there to order when it goes on sale or else you'll pay big later.

Last edited:

are the 800 pieces at taiwan exhibition in the coming days a first hand pre-order or you can actually get the figure in hand??
any confirmed price for this?

How does the American dream factor in to a Chinese toy company profiteering?!

sarcasm is lost sometimes when written so i'll be serious.

colleges are churning out graduates at an alarming rate, so much so that there simply isn't enough jobs to go around. so in order to pay back the tens of thousands in student loans, these grads get hired in low paying, management, go no where positions. these are the same positions that high school grads used to have. so the high school grads work day labor positions or they collect assistance from the government. this has been going on since the 80s but has been exponentially increased over the past 10 years.

when i grew up, one income could sustain a household. today two good incomes are needed just to get by. been to the grocery store lately? prices are sky high. everything costs more and minimum wage is still under $8 an hour. can you support yourself and a family holding down a job that only pays $400 a week? that's $2 an hour OVER minimum.

the american dream was dead the day we sold out to corporations that undersold the rug out from under independent shop owners and service providers. the separation of classes is evident to many people in america. the middle class has all but disappeared. poverty wage is now considered making UNDER $23,000. that's about $575 a week before taxes. can you blame anyone trying to survive doing whatever it takes to do so? ANYONE can take the initiative if there's a market for it and buy up all they can afford expressly to flip. that includes real estate, fine autos and yes, even hot toys collectibles.

I'm not even goin there lol. Your draggin this out into more then it needs to be so save your politics. All it comes down to is that no matter the amount of money you shouldn't stoop as low as he is by scalping for a living and gloating about it.. Anybody can make money If they try and look hard enough. With you logic your saying the ends justify the means an they don't, simple as that..

I'm not even goin there lol. Your draggin this out into more then it needs to be so save your politics. All it comes down to is that no matter the amount of money you shouldn't stoop as low as he is by scalping for a living and gloating about it.. Anybody can make money If they try and look hard enough. With you logic your saying the ends justify the means an they don't, simple as that..

:goodpost::exactly::lecture

it's not political opinion, it's the state of america and has been for some time. don't kill the messenger for his observations. and about the flipping thing. you probably should get used to it because it will never stop.

I just realised we're getting a ****ing repaint before the ASM figure as this is ready now apparently, seriously WTF Hot Toys! :mad::gah::banghead

it's not political opinion, it's the state of america and has been for some time. don't kill the messenger for his observations. and about the flipping thing. you probably should get used to it because it will never stop.

I agree with both ofyour statements Darkmatter. The reality is that this hobby is ripe for scalping, and yes it sucks if we try to moralize it, but the truth is that anything that has a high demand will draw those who are looking and or needing to make money.
I personally don't fault them for it and or if the gloat about it. It is what it is. The scalpers and the demand are what make buying these figures collectible, and what keeps our hobby going.

I agree with both ofyour statements Darkmatter. The reality is that this hobby is ripe for scalping, and yes it sucks if we try to moralize it, but the truth is that anything that has a high demand will draw those who are looking and or needing to make money.
I personally don't fault them for it and or if the gloat about it. It is what it is. The scalpers and the demand are what make buying these figures collectible, and what keeps our hobby going.

thank you cyber. great summary. :goodpost:

the new iron man is on the way, just saw some Robocop figures announcement, three marks already in the first film
many more in the sequels,
rejoice HT

Back