Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

he actually says he won't be featured in relation to creating ultron. but i was thinking possibly a brief scene showing his shrinking technology or like you mentioned, in the after scene. this might be a way for whedon to throw off the snoops wanting the scoop.

I would love to see some hints towards Pym or shrinking tech dropped by Hill or Coulson! Fingers crossed!

Back to Mk XXI, does SS ever put delivery restrictions on limited figures like this? Will there be any trouble buying this from Canada?

everyone is assuming we won't see ant-man in avengers 2. there really has been no official announcement of exactly when he first appears. would it be beyond whedon to do a scene with henry pym in avengers 2 to usher in the next phase and big feature movie, ant-man?

Yeah was gonna say hank might cameo in it since we don't know the origin of ultron, can't remember how many of the after credit scenes actually connect to the next movie in line considering avengers 1 won't till guardians and avengers 2

Yeah was gonna say hank might cameo in it since we don't know the origin of ultron, can't remember how many of the after credit scenes actually connect to the next movie in line considering avengers 1 won't till guardians and avengers 2

I remember reading a casting call that detailed the basic plot of Avengers 2. Tony Stark builds Ultron. Not too far of a stretch considering how formidable JARVIS was in IM3.

I would love to see some hints towards Pym or shrinking tech dropped by Hill or Coulson! Fingers crossed!

Back to Mk XXI, does SS ever put delivery restrictions on limited figures like this? Will there be any trouble buying this from Canada?

it depends on the figure. many have said they don't see any restrictions until the item is in cart and you go to check out. usually have to wait until it's on sale.

Haters gonna hate! I am preordering this bad boy whenever it comes up on SSC. I think it looks great :yess: I never mind when HT releases a bunch of figures that I have no interest in. I had no interest in any of the TF exs this year. I saw that as an opportunity to save money for something I am interested in and lo and behold, Silver Centurion PO went up and one day Zod will too! So will this. If, in your opinion, the preorders are for lackluster figures, save your money for something better that'll come down the line.

Sorry if I offended anyone here by using the word "sheep". I've been a sheep myself. And I'll probably fall for something similar down the road. I can't tell you how many Gundam figures I bought until I gave up and figured out how unoriginal or uninspired most of the designs are. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of toys that basically look like the same thing.
I'm not going to lie and say I'm not a little annoyed that Hot Toys spends materials and production time on things like this while other licenses that were announced long, long ago get ignored. It's frustrating, but it's their choice. If I knew I could make the quick money I'd probably do the same thing. It doesn't change the fact that it it's a cheap, quick way to make money as opposed to doing something new. I just wish we, as collectors, didn't buy into it so much.

Why is it necessary to insult collectors who buy some things that they don't like? Because I like something and you don't, that makes me wrong? Are you a better collector than I am? I get so tired of members insulting other members just because they like something or can afford something you can't. I know calling someone "sheep" isn't exactly a kick in the nuts, but its most likely meant in a negative way.

Express your distaste for something without calling out other collectors in a negative way!

:goodpost: to each there own, I really don't see why they feel the need to complain about an IM mark VII figure that's painted gold, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again here.

If Hot Toys wants to produce all the Iron Man figures they want to, by all means they should. BUT it shouldn't come at the sacrifice at the other previous announced licenses. And if they feel that they won't be making much money off these licenses, then they need to drop them. All they're doing is pissing off potential customers trying to corner the sixth scale market.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again here.

If Hot Toys wants to produce all the Iron Man figures they want to, by all means they should. BUT it shouldn't come at the sacrifice at the other previous announced licenses. And if they feel that they won't be making much money off these licenses, then they need to drop them. All they're doing is pissing off potential customers trying to corner the sixth scale market.

How come?
They pay for licences.
It's up to them what they do with them.
If they decide to do nothing, that's their decision, and it doesn't harm anyone.

How come?
They pay for licences.
If they decide to do nothing, that's their decision, and it doesn't harm anyone.

That's silly. What sense does it make to buy a license, announce it and then do nothing with it? Just because they CAN doesn't make it any more logical. And what they're hurting is the relationship between them and potential customers, which will hurt them in the long run. Iron Man can't last forever.

That's silly. What sense does it make to buy a license, announce it and then do nothing with it? Just because they CAN doesn't make it any more logical. And what they're hurting is the relationship between them and potential customers, which will hurt them in the long run. Iron Man can't last forever.

First off its not like anyone else in the 1/6 game is willing or could do anything anyways, so HT holding the license is fine, at least we know the product would be great. Second it doesn't hurt because the second they put that shiny figure you want infront of you, you'll buy it, you may be frustrated but theyre still gunna get your money :wave

They purchase the licence so that no-one else can.
It makes perfect business sense.

First off its not like anyone else in the 1/6 game is willing or could do anything anyways, so HT holding the license is fine, at least we know the product would be great. Second it doesn't hurt because the second they put that shiny figure you want infront of you, you'll buy it, you may be frustrated but theyre still gunna get your money :wave

If this is the arrogance that high-end figure producers have, then I better get out the collection game. It's not worth it.

If this is the arrogance that high-end figure producers have, then I better get out the collection game. It's not worth it.

Thats always an option available to you I guess :dunno

what exactly do you collect or what would you collect if it were made?

How come?
They pay for licences.

Except those waiting years for the goddamn figures. If they aint doing **** with it then give it up and maybe another will provide the product.

:goodpost: :exactly:

Except those waiting years for the goddamn figures. If they aint doing **** with it then give it up and maybe another will provide the product.

:goodpost: :exactly:

So what licenses would you like? and who exactly do you think would be able to do either a comparative job or a better one then HT? Maybe enterbay but even them I don't trust to do anything justice

So what licenses would you like? and who exactly do you think would be able to do either a comparative job or a better one then HT? Maybe enterbay but even them I don't trust to do anything justice

OMG whys no green lantren Xmans moar!!

OMG whys no green lantren Xmans moar!!

:rotfl GL sucked sooo bad, I get why HT dropped that, I want xmen pretty bad but were getting quite a bit of marvel already so I can be patient with that, I don want to have to pick and choose if it was all out at once, the IM craze will die, and then we'll get some other stuff

:rotfl GL sucked sooo bad, I get why HT dropped that, I want xmen pretty bad but were getting quite a bit of marvel already so I can be patient with that, I don want to have to pick and choose if it was all out at once, the IM craze will die, and then we'll get some other stuff

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSDSUhD4fv4[/ame]

Back