Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS BUY NOW - Link on page 257

It is just a business strategy by SSC you guys, that is a pretty simple explanation.

Business 101. Nothing wrong with that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS BUY NOW - Link on page 257

Used my rewards points on this so should be around £140 including shipping to the UK. Makes it acceptable at this price for me :yess:

I haven't looked in a while, what's the current going rate for the BD MK VII?

Guess my theory about why Midas is lasting as long as it has isn't due to the mass emails, yet i never got mine. Glad i follow twitter as closely as i do haha

BD VII have been selling for about $500, the lowest i have seen lately is $450.

Used my rewards points on this so should be around £140 including shipping to the UK. Makes it acceptable at this price for me :yess:

Just in time for Xmas too! :hi5:

I will say the one good thing about this release is that its not restricted to just the US and everyone has a far chance at getting one, hopefully it makes up for the BD Mark VII, even if just in a small way

I haven't looked in a while, what's the current going rate for the BD MK VII?

Guess my theory about why Midas is lasting as long as it has isn't due to the mass emails, yet i never got mine. Glad i follow twitter as closely as i do haha

Last time I checked the range of sold ones was like a low of around $450.00 up to around $600.00.

$299 for a repaint :thud:

congrats to those who pick one up, I'm be sitting in the corner with my BD Mark VII snickering:nana:

People with the Mark 3 SDCC will be snickering at your BD Mark VII :nana:

Looks Midas indeed!

29epr8g.jpg

Since I have all of the other Marks, I Mid-as :naughty well pick this one up too.

Thank you. Thank you. I'll be here all week, try the veal and be sure to tip your waitor or waitress. :rotfl

Well, if an item is selling for $500 because people are willing to pay that, and then new product floods the market the price will dip... but eventually it will sell out again and prices will rise back to the original level of scarcity. People will still want in in Jan or Late Dec. even if this influx of product still dips.

Rare is subjective of course. If they usually make 10,000 units of any Iron Man edition, and they made 7,000 of this version.. it's technically more rare than a normal release, but not that rare.

If you're a toy flipper/speculator you understand that you have to take risks anyway. Maybe it will pay off, or maybe this will be a big dud that nobody wants to collect anyway.

We shall see. haha.

Anyone think that maybe it didn't sell out just yet because they only advertised it on Facebook and twitter? That they haven't actually sent it out on their mass email yet? hmmmm

I got the email about 5 minutes after it went up for order

I threw my toys out of the pram over the disparity between HT's Asian and European retail price, its true.

..but, for the Sideshow release I did some napkin math and reckon this figure is going to cost me approx £250 incl shipping and taxes.. compared with £378.50 from the European retailer.. so yeah, I buckled.

It's still on the pricey side, with no head sculpt or lights in the base (grrrr!).. however, since I don't buy the red and gold suits (Mk 42 has mostly gold pants, so it doesn't count), this will be my Mk VII.. that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! :lol

Well.. somebody has to pay 20-30 dollars to ship it across the Pacfic. Either your or them

I will say the one good thing about this release is that its not restricted to just the US and everyone has a far chance at getting one, hopefully it makes up for the BD Mark VII, even if just in a small way

NOT available to Aus/Nz or Asian markets....

:(

Since this is the hot thread today let me ask:

What are your top 5 Hot Toys Iron Man releases?

1. Iron Monger
2. Mark IV
3. Mark 1
4. Mark VII
5. Workshop Stark

Regular or BD VII?

Midas will only be my second but i really covet the MK IV the most and then Iron Monger.

Regular or BD VII?

Midas will only be my second but i really covet the MK IV the most and then Iron Monger.

Regular. The regular release comes with so many extra parts allowing for 3 complete varying versions of the Mark VII. That's insane.

The charm of the BD 7 is getting knocked down a few pegs for me since the base is no longer isolated to that set. Granted the sculpt is beautiful and the battle damage is great.

The BD 7 would probably rank 6th or 7th for me, jockying position with the Mark VI.

Back