Hot Toys - MMS: IM2- WAR MACHINE (Special/MILK Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I just started collecting Hot Toys and this Warmachine was one of my first purchases.

I was fixing a small piece of the toy by gluing it back on with alpha cyanoacrylate glue, when I accidentally got a bit on the silvery part of his thigh. I tried to wipe off as much as I could, but there's some left over residue. I've tried some solutions like warm water, dish soap, and rubbing alcohol, but nothing helps.

I'm hesitant about using nail polish remover with acetone because it might rub off the silver paint. Can anybody advise? Also do you know if the silver part of the thigh is paint, or silver plastic, and if acetone would rub off the color in addition to the glue?

Thanks so much in advance!

It is very likely to be silver paint, I'm not familar with the glue you used so not sure what to suggust in cleaning it, I would have said go with rubbing alcohol but you already tried it:(

It's painted, and you're right, acetone will almost certainly strip that along with the glue. I'm not certain there is a good fix for the predicament you're in. Anything strong enough to soften CA glue, will generally attack paint as well.

Oh well, thanks for your replies! It's not a huge mark, so I can live with it. Just makes the figure more unique to me I suppose, since I never plan to sell it (and it's my favorite at the time). Can't wait to get more (and consequently ruin them with glue!)

Guys I have one for sale if you want one!
Its New In Box, unopened. $199 mailed. Let me know. Thanks

Traded some 3A pieces for one of these, should have him in a week or two! From Zero Ironmen to Five in two weeks! Waah Hoo!

Hi, I just started collecting Hot Toys and this Warmachine was one of my first purchases.

I was fixing a small piece of the toy by gluing it back on with alpha cyanoacrylate glue, when I accidentally got a bit on the silvery part of his thigh. I tried to wipe off as much as I could, but there's some left over residue. I've tried some solutions like warm water, dish soap, and rubbing alcohol, but nothing helps.

I'm hesitant about using nail polish remover with acetone because it might rub off the silver paint. Can anybody advise? Also do you know if the silver part of the thigh is paint, or silver plastic, and if acetone would rub off the color in addition to the glue?

I doubt there is a solvent safe enough for the paint and yet strong enough to remove the residue. You could try sanding it a little with 3000 grit, just enough to get most of it off, but not all, because you don't want to risk sanding the paint off. That is if it is just glue on there. Otherwise, sand and repaint the part, or live with how it is.
Unless you want to have to repaint, live with it. You could use the opportunity to turn it into a weathered version...

Oh well, thanks everybody, I just left the stain there
However I found a pose I liked that makes the stain non-visible, unless you look at it from the extreme left
Still extremely happy with this figure!

Got him in the other day, my second figure. Its really amazing, I love the color scheme.

Here are some pics I took.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Got him in the other day, my second figure. Its really amazing, I love the color scheme.

:clap
Thanks for sharing Wolfwood. This is one I keep thinking I need to track down. I didn't care for it when it came out, but I saw a couple on display in stores this summer and its got a lot more wow factor up close.

Ordered one the other day, kinda into Iron man but not really enough to get a proper iron man just not to keen on the red & yellow, loved the color scheme on this one though. He looks like a evil iron man and also enjoy how he is a bit more bulky than the normal iron man, HT filled a nice little niche market with this one for people who just want something that looks cool but not quite "correct"

Gonna say, sadly, you're SOL on this one.

CA is a bugger to get off. Next time, I suggest using a 2 part epoxy, like araldite. If you do get some in unwanted areas, leave it to cure, do NOT try and rub it off, despite what every instinct tells you, and after it cures you can often just "peel it off".

Just want to ask, and this is the place to ask. Who own's both of them? I own the Milk one. I like it, is it worth it to get the 1st one? I like the weight and everything about it. I got the ex-wife I understand why they called it that name.

Back