Hot Toys - MMS: IM2- WAR MACHINE (Special/MILK Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man...I'm kicking myself for not getting this guy. I've loved this paint scheme since I first saw it. Reminds me of Rhodie's color schemes in the comics so much.

I should have snagged this guy when he was on bbts. They had him pretty nicely priced. Oh well, maybe one day. with Iron Monger on the way, I'm going to have to wait...but someday...this War Machine will be mine. God knows I don't want the "Iron Patriot" version I'm guessing they will come out with for IM3.

To those of you that have him, awesome figure. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Bunch of new stuff bout IM3 lately...

Synopsis...

Marvel Studios’ Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?

Starring Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce, Rebecca Hall, Stephanie Szostak, James Badge Dale with Jon Favreau and Ben Kingsley, Iron Man 3 is directed by Shane Black from a screenplay by Drew Pearce and Shane Black and is based on Marvel’s iconic Super Hero Iron Man, who first appeared on the pages of Tales of Suspense (#39) in 1963 and had his solo comic book debut with The Invincible Iron Man (#1) in May of 1968.

Iron Man 3 is presented by Marvel Studios in association with Paramount Pictures and DMG Entertainment. Marvel Studios’ President Kevin Feige is producing and Jon Favreau, Louis D’Esposito, Stephen Broussard, Victoria Alonso, Alan Fine, Charles Newirth, Stan Lee and Dan Mintz are executive producers. The film releases May 3, 2013, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
Read more at https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=68877#szW8cd4A1BptD9le.99

gtrgrtrthrthrt.png

Hope we get BOTH versions in the movie as these would make AWESOME Hot Toys Figs. And speaking of figs... HOW AWESOME IS THIS GONNA LOOK ONCE HOT TOYS GETS THEIR HANDS ON IT??!!>>>>

ironman3toyhasbro3.jpeg

Man...I'm kicking myself for not getting this guy. I've loved this paint scheme since I first saw it. Reminds me of Rhodie's color schemes in the comics so much.

I should have snagged this guy when he was on bbts. They had him pretty nicely priced. Oh well, maybe one day. with Iron Monger on the way, I'm going to have to wait...but someday...this War Machine will be mine. God knows I don't want the "Iron Patriot" version I'm guessing they will come out with for IM3.

To those of you that have him, awesome figure. Enjoy!

Man if you really want this figure you just have to be aggressive about searching the For Sale/Trade Action Figures portion of the forum here. I finally found one for pretty much exactly what it cost new (BTW, thanks Theokan!). I checked in every day. I figure if you can get it for what it cost when it came out, it's all good. And as far as this deco, man I loved the War Machine from IM2. It rocked but the color and deco just didn't do it for me. I'm old school. I dig the Rhodey with the old Black/White deco. So I passed on the original from HT. Kicked myself for not getting one. Kinda wasn't really paying attention much when this guy came out and missed it. Finally got one. The only thing I wish it had was a Don Cheadle head sculpt like the original. Oh well. Still if you want one, start checking the forums NOW! And good hunting.
-joe-

Awesome shots Onesixth! :clap

Thanks Niltusk !! This thread is so necessary in discussing and paying homage to this figure. I have both and the Milk version in my opinion is the better of the 2 War Machine figures ! Good luck to everyone tying to acquire one and congrats to those who already have it !

DSCN5450.jpg

I passed on this guy because I didn't like the fact that the helmet didn't open up and it having only one head sculpt...Looking at these pics I kind of regret that now :dunno

Glad I picked this guy up. Especially after seeing the new WM design for IM 3. Its so skinny and the patriot deco is too much IMO. Plus with the new grey WM suit the arc reactor on the chest is mishaped and fugly. *goes to hug MILK WM:1-1:

Mine came yesterday, damn i love this guy, he's like some super awesome mega go go Japanese robot, the hands are so cool, no where near as fragile as my endo, heh haven't even watched iron man 2 yet, just got him because he looks like one of hot toys best ever creations next to the endo, cant decide which one i like more.

I love how these iron man figures have a custom custom body sculpt too, and all the parts that move kept surprising me particularly how the missle pods unfold, one of my freinds pointed out that the jets on the legs looked like they could move, i tried moving them and they did, love how they can continue to surprise you, like the other day i decided to change my joker cop pose, was playing around with the m1 rifle and the bullets fell out surprising me yet again... 9 months later :)

I love the MILK version better than the regular version. It definitely lived up to all expectations I had of it. Yeah, it would've been nice to have a 2nd swap out portrait but nonetheless, the figure's color scheme just "pops."

I'm not gonna read that because I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but is it confirmed that "Iron Patriot" is just War Machine re-colored?

If you check the images above, you will see it's a totally different suit than the IM2 WM design.
It will likely be a new suit, built by Tony for Rhodey.
It has the look of a "Tony-built" design.

yeah, I noticed it definitely looked sleeker compared to the bulky one in the first movie. Reminds me abit of the MK VII as far as design goes, but I do love the new shoulder cannon and I'm always a sucker for red, white, and blue armor.

Back